Sign in to follow this  
Jamez

e30 325i 1988

can be 2 or 4 door and any color but vommit :)

if I can get a shell cheap enough i'll have the whole car resprayed :) , or just the tech 2 bits :(

cant wait till this project is over with :lol:

sounds like its too big for you to handle!

just part it out

psshhhhh to big???? its easy to swap parts over, ive got 3 engine and gearbox swaps under my belt, cant see what the big hassle is.

But if anyone wants to buy it off me its up for the taking no offers under 2k.

I can wait till a 325i shell comes up.

wooo onto somthing, found a source that has got a 2 and a 4door 325i, both are regesterd and both for under 1k :) with a bit of luck I could finish this whole project for $2500 od and have a Tech2 325i 2 door :, and because its so cheap, i will spluge out with a Full Re-spray and leather interior :)

going to view them today, they said the 2-door has a little damage :unsure:

found a source that has got a 2 and a 4door 325i, both are regesterd and both for under 1k :) with a bit of luck I could finish this whole project for $2500 od and have a Tech2 325i 2 door

does the 2door have a full kit on it? otherwise you will have to buy the 2 door pods and skirts. Glad you are getting through the problem, hopefully it pays off

going to swap my 4door bits with Frantics 2door bits, already got my plans sus'd :)

going to swap my 4door bits with Frantics 2door bits, already got my plans sus'd :)

Nice, that idea went thru my head.

Be good to see the progress, good luck getting it done by Anzac cruise!

Update - Went to European Autospares after being told on the phone he had 2 registered 325i's, they were both 318i's :wacko: he said it will make no difference if its a 318i or a 325i, but i know that if I claim on insurance, they might want to check it out and they will find its got the wrong engine in......., also for re-sale purposes its not worth it.

my hunt goes on will call back mosens this afternoon and see what they could source, they seemed like they had a few but the guy was not 100%sure.....te be continued

Edited by Jamez

I heard it also harder to put 325 gear into a E30 thats meant to have a 4cyl engine, dont quote me on it I could be wrong but it sounds like a cool project you got going!

UPDATE:

GOOD GOOD NEWS

Mosens are going to sell me a Diamondswarz-metallic COUPE for $500 that's got a rego :)

im very excite :)

am picking up on Monday, then the work begins :(

will work Tuesday Wednesday Thursday, Swapping all the bits over then with a bit of luck i will be done by the Anzac cruise

Any Help would be much appreciated :lol:

Good stuff!

Make sure to takes some pics along the way to fill us in on the progress.

Youre going to be a busy boy!

Hey buddy, I'm local so if you need an extra pair of hands when it comes to the heavy stuff just flick me a PM.

Cheers,

Matt

cheers for all the offers of help, as the saying goes "many hands make light work"

might rig my video camera up as it can take 7.5hrs of video non stop, might make a time lapse movie from start to finish :)

swapping everything over shouldn't be too hard either as i can put both cars side by side in my garage with a bit off room too move round with

still goto sort out when i'll pick up the shell and pay for it, stay tuned :)

UPDATE

Picked up the 2door today

going to swap exterior/interior during the Saturday-Sunday

Then doing the engine swap Sunday-Thursday, but hopefully finish on Tuesday, then i can get the car resprayed Thursday then WOF and REGO on Friday :)

Anyone Welcome to come help out, please bring your own tools if you can, all you will need is a 10/13/15/17/19mm spanner

Just drop me a text on 021-2971208 if keen and i'll call you back

Swap is still going ahead if it rains as it will all be under cover :)

Good luck mate, I got too many things on or I'd come lend a hand :)

Respray in one day? good luck. good on ya though

got a guy that will do it at short notice for pretty near nothing, and he does an alright job, aslong as you don't let him near bogging, last time he painted before the bog had set :mellow:

going to be one hell of a project tho, have to fit in 2hrs of study a day to keep the parents happy. :(

might have to end up taking my racecar on the cruise if anything goes wrong, not too bothered tho as their both e30's :)

EDIT

the 320i shell will also have a 4.10 diff if anyone wants it, you can have it if you spend 1 day helping and you take it out and put the other one (3.46) in :)

Edited by Jamez

This is like Mitre Ten dream home with cars ha.

May be a 4.1 diff, but more likely to be a 4.45 if auto, and 4.27 if manual.

Hem hem I still have dibs on that 3.64/3,46 which ever one it iS!!!

Good luck James, I'd come help if I was closer dude, still have to sort out a time to get that diff, didn't wanna do it until you've got the bulk of this 325 out of the way!