Sign in to follow this  
ED1RTY

Crazy cop killing freak?!

This can't like in the movies Brian.

Its not his life the police respect, its their own and the others around them.

This can't like in the movies Brian.

Its not his life the police respect, its their own and the others around them.

Isn't that what I am saying.

They now have a 25mm cannon, so use it on this lowlife.

Guest FrantiC

My tutor at EIT's son is 2 houses next to this guy, He's been stuck in his house ever since it started. He told her that he was sitting outside having a smoke and heard a couple bullets whizz by his garden.

Scary stuff.

He's not allowed out of his house either, It is down a back section up a long drive which means he can't get out.

Apparently the guy thinks hes the new "RAMBO".

Guest Simon*

Come on guys :) Your opinions are pretty heated ones, and understandably so, BUT:

Despite the fact that an officer was killed, tragically and unexpectedly, our Police are not an organisation that "hunts and kills" offenders and nor do we want them to be. Likewise I'm not sure I'd want the precedent set of driving a LAV into someones's house or letting loose with the Bushmaster in town (especially considering I'm sitting well within range of an errant round as I type this! ;) ). It is a criminal matter, not a warzone.

The best possible outcome would be if he sees the futility of his situation and gives himself up, then the legal system can sort him out - not the Police's job to make those decisions.

A resolution will come, one way or another. He is contained where he is, the major inconvenience now is to people who live in the area, including two of my workmates who don't know when they can next go home, and of course Len Snee's family who must be desperate to have him returned to them.

It is actually still nice to think (although our days may be numbered) that in our country that street cops aren't armed as a matter of course. It's scary when you read that the majority of American cops killed in gun-related deaths are shot with their own gun. Bugger that.

I for one, however, am all for a much higher sentence imposed on those who offend (assault/murder) Police Officers in the course of their duty.

When I look through the list published of Officers killed in the line of duty it's sad to note that I knew 2 of them personally. So this on cuts pretty close in more ways than one.

Someone told me that one of the other officers who was shot may not pull through now. Can someone confirm this?

TBH, for the fact they have not released the Civi's details, I think its possible the Civi could be deceased. All complete speculation of course, but just my thought

Can't confirm, but I note their condition worsened from serious but stable to critical overnight.

A since self-deleted post by another member made some excellent points along similar lines of what Simon has said, and that I now realise what PJay was trying to say. The guy will get his just-desserts, and the police in charge of the operation are the best positioned to make decisions on what to do so I'm assuming they're doing their best to schieve a good result.

Sorry PJay - I thought you were on some sort of bleeding-heart pro crimnal's rights trip, I now realise my error.

Guest Ari Gold

My old man has had cop friends of his killed in the line of duty, back in the day he reckoned cases like this were solved by 'suicide by glock pistol'

No mention of whether the offender was even carrying a glock...

Can't confirm, but I note their condition worsened from serious but stable to critical overnight.

A since self-deleted post by another member made some excellent points along similar lines of what Simon has said, and that I now realise what PJay was trying to say. The guy will get his just-desserts, and the police in charge of the operation are the best positioned to make decisions on what to do so I'm assuming they're doing their best to schieve a good result.

Sorry PJay - I thought you were on some sort of bleeding-heart pro crimnal's rights trip, I now realise my error.

Graham, that's all very well to say "let justice take it's course" but you and I and all the other taxpayers in this country will have to pay for a trial (and legal aid for this lowlife) plus pay to keep him in prison for the rest of his life.

He has put the entire city of Napier into turmoil, randomly shot and killed or wounded innocent members of the police and I assume a friend of his (the civilian who was shot was a visitor to his house) and (my presumption) he is probably on "P". WHY should we show him any sympathy? He certianly hasn't shown it to others. Isn't it better to lob tear gas into the house and get this standoff over and done with?

Edited by C0SM0S

No worries, I'm not the best at explaining sh*t. I know what I'm trying to say :s

Brian, you should be moaning about Bain right now, not this fella.. Yet

TBH, for the fact they have not released the Civi's details, I think its possible the Civi could be deceased. All complete speculation of course, but just my thought

Police have spoken briefly to one of the shot policemen, Grant Diver, at hospital but have not been able to speak to the injured civilian, who was apparently known to the gunman.

Hmmmmm

Edited by Pjay

Guest Simon*

I have heard a few different things here, but one of which was that the civi asked not to be named.

I also heard last night that Diver was dead, but heard today he was critical but was talking to other police last night.

The media is filling up space with speculation in lieu of facts. As usual :)

The police officers that are there now along with the special tatics team etc know what they're doing so why the hell are there people here saying they should just do this and do that and it'll all be over? They know what they are doing that's why they're called special tatics!

The body has been retrieved by those tank things.

The civillan was jans mate who was trying to stop him from shooting so Jan shot him, he is still alive.

I believe this guy is a complete nut case so will not give up, he's proberly rigged the place to blow which will blow up half the block.

We can only hope it ends tonight, no doubt he will get a third eye!

The civilian is alive and was definately known to the nutter. Hopefully he will shoot himself overnight

Hopefully it ends here, it seems to be the start of aramoana (watch 'out of the blue') all over again (cliche i know).

Oh sh*t, i was lookin' at his pics on the news and knew i recognised him when they were interviewing his mate on one news. I worked at Firecats as a doorman for 'bout 3 years and Yan and his mate had to be chucked a couple of times. Thankin' my lucky stars now he never came back in a mood after bein' ejected, knowin' now what he's like.

May have just commited suicide?

Hopefully he will shoot himself overnight

Sounds like he has....

I think he did about 2 hours ago just hasn't been released to the public

i fully agree with simon's comments.

The main reason why they dont go storming in, because thats how more people get killed. Americans show us that on a daily basis.

Also, you have john cambell and his mate with cameras filming everything. the last thing the cops need is media filming more people getting killed or injured.

All everyone can do is hope that there is no more casulties, and it gets resolved with justice prevailing.

Guest Ari Gold

RP tear gas through windows, guy comes out, commits MP5 suicide, problem solved.

UPDATED: 11:25PM

Gunman Jan Molenaar has been described as a fitness fanatic, a man with an interest in firearms and something of a loner. His friend says when he spoke to him this morning, he said there was only one positive outcome in all of this - and that was death.

Police tonight said there is no evidence yet to suggest that Molenaar is dead.

Earlier this evening there were reports that Molenaar had died from a self-inflicted wound and that several cars had moved through the protective cordon around Napier Hill carrying people not wearing protective clothing.

"We have had all sorts of reports out there but there is nothing from our command team at the moment to confirm he is deceased and they're the ones at the sharp end," a national police headquarters spokeswoman told NZPA.

Plain clothes police were moving in and out of the cordon and while it may appear they were not wearing protective clothing, that may not be the case, she said.

She added that a hearse that arrived at the scene was to take the body of slain officer Senior Constable Len Snee to Hawke's Bay hospital.

DEAD personally I think the best outcome

Agreed, however i don't think it was a good outcome.

Edited by bellicose