Sign in to follow this  
Gus

MTech 2 Pricing guide

Hi Guys

I'm not seriously looking to buy now (maybe in the next year or two) but what's the availability of Mtech 2 kits over in NZ? If I'm to keep the turbo which is looking likely then it needs one of these. I can get one over here easily enough but I'm not keen to go through the hassle to ship it over.

Thanks fullas

Gus

Genuine tech 2 is not that common, but if your looking for a year or two, a few kits might pop up, if so you are looking at $800-1200, condition depending

probably easier just to buy a tech2 car and swap the kit over then re-sell the car.

Hi Gus,

$2000 for a complete (genuine) tech 2 2door kit.

If there are any $800 - $1000 kits out there let me know people. Fibreglass or asian knockoffs are not counted.

Do your math around that Gus.

Get one over there if they are abundant and cheap.

Guest FrantiC

I got my full genuine m-tech2 kit about 3 months back for $1160..

Hey fella I can sort out shipping east enough. Will give ya a call as I'm still keen to bring a car in plus fill container with E30 treats

Hey fella I can sort out shipping east enough. Will give ya a call as I'm still keen to bring a car in plus fill container with E30 treats

Given the price difference between NZ and the UK on M50 and M60 gearboxes I am sure you could find some interest in that area. (I am assuming - always dangerous - you are looking for other people to share costs with).

Bimmersport container load! :D

I had been looking for a Tech-II front bumper for two years before finding one. Hard to find indeed.

New would be around 5k so Ray's at 2k isnt to bad.

You can pick up genuine ones on the private market for the $1200-1500 mark. And from wreckers, etc, yep you're definitely up to the $2k mark. They seem to be getting more expensive. Mine owes me $1k, but I bought a car, pulled it off, and on sold the car. could have done it cheaper (ie got more for the car), but car was sold to family.

Mine ended up costing me around $1500.. Do the maths around what others and I have said.

i'm going to want a 4door kit for mine in the near future?

anybody know where i can go for a reasonably priced set??

:D :D

Brand new 5k kits are a bit too much for me

Gus, just buy your old car back off me.

Swap for the turbo? heh

have just had a quote of 700NZD to bring in 2 kits from the uk

bought a tech1 for 400NZD, so roughly 750 landed, still trying to get cheaper freight but am happy at 750 a kit :rolleyes:

Would be super keen on container idea!!! have my brothers flat in london filled with goodies! hahaha!!

also a good freinds dad own some of the wharfs in akl, and am trying to work on some deals to get stuff in!!!

Edited by Katalyst

Gus, just buy your old car back off me.

consider it sold, whenever you're ready!

cheers for all the info guys. i'll check it out closer to the time, sounds like if i wanted to keep the car getting the kit from here is easiest - I've got rid of most of my parts!! my various family members thought it was a bit odd having gearboxes in their garden...