Sign in to follow this  
bmw325i

1998 328i Motor Sport

Well heres my new E36, glad to have finally found one that matched my criteria.

Have so far debadged the boot, taken the shelly bmw sticker off..., added lip spoiler, and am waiting on eyelids and 'M' badge for the boot, will be picking up halo rings this week and putting them in, getting tints done wednesday if all goes to plan, and picked up a set of H&R race springs this arvo (thanks to keith - suspension progress ltd), will then be making a final decision on what wheels to put on it and then adding stainless tips to the exhaust (mayb..), once thats all done Ill be on the hunt for a m3 front bumper lip and mesh insert, and carbon fibre bonnet and boot badges. Sounds will be infinity kappa perfects, running the standard tweeters in the doors, with earthquake or soundstream rears all through a JBL amp. Sub will come in the near future but cant be bothered with one at this point in time, I'll be keeping the factory bmw head unit with the stacker in the boot and running a equaliser through it which will be hidden away, this way ill be able to run rca cables from that to power the amp and fine tune the sound =P. And then just fine touches such as pulling out the rear parcel tray and re colouring it black instead of the faded purple...

Any comments or ideas please dont be shy to let me know.

Ill keep the thread updated as i do each stage

post-2520-1243826041_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1243826057_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1243826081_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1243826093_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1243826100_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1243826109_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1243826122_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1243826135_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1243826146_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1243826157_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1243826166_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1243826175_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1243826185_thumb.jpg

Very nice. Sounds like you're going to change the car a bit. Id be keeping it just how it is.

Just out of curiosity, you didnt buy it off a guy in Taupo did you?

yeah i did in deed man

yeah i did in deed man

Ahhh, I know the guy and the car very well. My mates step dad.

You wont find a car thats been looked after any better than this one!

You wont be dissapointed!

looking smooth.

Nice Car bro.. Is this Jason that use to go to strathallen ?

I'd be keeping that original but anyway!!!, 2.8 Nice, kiwi new by the looks as well motorsport coupe, keep all the original bits you take off during the molestation period, just in case the next buyer see's the need for an original kiwi motorsport coupe.

Very nice, I picked up mine today from Taupo too :D

very similar, nz new 328i Boston Green 95 M coupe but with the off white interior and 114km on the clock. We could have meet up and cruised back to Auckland!

Ill get some pics up.

Edited by e30.

I wont be taking anything off as such, just adding small suttle bits and pieces but anything that does come off or out will be definatly kept as i am a bit of a sucka for appreciating a factory car, but i also love the E36 with a few changes.

e30- cheers man, that one looked like a very nice buy, i was tossing up between the two actually but wanted the newer year and lower ks and again im a sucka for bmws with black leather :P, definatly post up some pics tho and make sure you use that sunroof IM JELOUS!

mybmw- yeah whos this?

jordy- thanks mate, i saw the pics of your 46 on the cruise photos from today... was trying to make it along but was about 45 mins too late :( looked very sharp and also a good day out!

3 series - yeah he did seem to be a nice bloke, wendy looked a bit teary eyed as i drove it out the gate though haha. its a mint car alright just needs stone chip touch ups :(

yeah, this must be chris? did you change your username man? I saw the cosy parked up next to your work on saturday i think it was, looked as clean as ever lol

haha yea dude i did.. Had to take it to work cos i locked my keys in the Cressida!!

Nice E36 :)

nice e36! looks clean as! your plans sound good for it.. not changing it too much. but DON'T carbon fibre any of it! unless you're gonna paint that carbon fibre green. it'l look too much like a rice mobile.

Car is looking good man, reminds me of my old M3.

Don'y worry about "molesting it", it's gonna look sick with the mod list you have planned (provided you don't 20" chrome it :P).

But as mentioned, make sure everything is reversible as it will pay off come sale time.

p.s. I am selling my BBS CH's, would be the perfect set of mags for this car.

TM Listing

PM me if you are interested.

Edited by crazyarab

i got given a set of the carbon badges through a family friend and he brought them round last night and im not keen so will be replacing the cracked front one with the normal blue badge still. I have decided on a set of wheels so got them sorted yesterday, along with the m badge and picked up the angel eye kit which will go in end of the week, still waiting to receive the eye lids and will get those painted up. the H&R's will be going in tomorrow and tints tomorrow too, then all that's really left will be flipping the side skirts round and head light work. Will worry about the front lip in a few weeks. heres a few pics of it now anyways..

post-2520-1243988184_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1243988215_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1243988234_thumb.jpg

Those wheels are perfect dude. I never knew you could fit those to the e36 but its the second ive seen recently.

Where did you get them from and how much if you dont mind.. im more researching so dont worry!

i didnt take the CF badges because i didnt like them. sorry man.

wheels i got for 600 :) so im happy with that price, and put a new set of tyres on them after.

cheers guys. Cant wait for it to be lowered on the race springs :D

Guest Simon*

Like the look

The M-Parallel wheels look hot. Can't wait to get mine :)

I want your wheels! looked everywhere for them. Ended up gettin a contact in the U.S for 18" M parallel replicas.

Gotta wait till Aug though...