Sign in to follow this  
bmw325i

1998 328i Motor Sport

Its a totally different car yet still feels identical to driving a factory manual. So tight and responsive. Highly recommend Ray @ HELL BM for that one.

M Shifta came from Euro Italia over in the north shore there, picked it up on the way back from Rays. Also a very good place for quality european parts. The shift did however come with a hole in my pocket and a burning wallet lol wasnt cheap but was more than worth it ;)

That shifter is awesome, loving the work you have done on it.

Your car makes me want an E36 again.

Nice example, tasteful mods, well done.

Have decided to put the motorsport rim project as a seperate thread but thought i might throw this on here. Gotta love what uneven surfaces do to independent rear-ends =P

post-2520-1252961201.jpg

Finally got the ol parcel tray removed - stripped the rear of the car out just about to get it out easily and without breaking something. Kinda quiet like the weight reduced driving now too . hmm lol. Anyway heres a before and after pic, cant wait to get it in and see the difference.

post-2520-1255573851.jpg

post-2520-1255573857.jpg

Great outcome man. Doing mine now too. The trays out of the car, just need to buy the paint.

Out of interest, what paint did you use? I use the VHT Vinyl and Fabric Dye. Works mint.

Cheers Nick, I used the dupli-colour flatt black becasue the vht was a gloss and the flatt gives a slightly more original looking finish.

Cheers Nick, I used the dupli-colour flatt black becasue the vht was a gloss and the flatt gives a slightly more original looking finish.

Looks great! Where did you purchase it from and how much for the can?

repco, $17 got a $1 discount for the good cause. ha na im not sure why they gave me a $1 discount actually.

VHT has a 30% at the moment though and they are already slighty cheaper at $15 so you can get that cheap if you get it soon. They only had gloss black at the pukekohe store today though hence the reason i got dupli-colour.

A few photos from the spare of the moment track day. Went very well but wish I had the LSD fitted :(

post-2520-1259258801.jpg

post-2520-1259258824.jpg

post-2520-1259258836.jpg

post-2520-1259258851.jpg

Beautiful Car!

Love boston green and everything else about the car, you've done a great job with it. Only thing i'm still not sure about are the eyelids ... can't decide whether i like them or not

Funny you say that actually Ollie, just recently i've been questioning them also but like you i cant decide. I like them and i like the look it gives the car but i also like the look without them so its a win win either way but still just cant decide :S

I may take them off when i make the changes im going to be doing in the next few week but will see what happens

Funny you say that actually Ollie, just recently i've been questioning them also but like you i cant decide. I like them and i like the look it gives the car but i also like the look without them so its a win win either way but still just cant decide :S

I may take them off when i make the changes im going to be doing in the next few week but will see what happens

take before and after photos - perhaps bimmersport could vote ...

Just take one off and have the car looking :huh:

Looks like you were having a ball, you’ll have to come to one of the Bimmersport Hampton days coming up early next year!

lol yeah will go well with my plans for it ;)

Definatly keen for that once the LSD is in and some stiff shocks.

We are going to hire puke again mayb closer to christmas with a group of us so will let bimmersport know also and we can all get amongst it.

Ollie - where should i post them up? i've got before and afters. mayb in general and run it as a pole.

would be interested to hear what bimmersport reckons. may be enough to persuade me.

lol yeah will go well with my plans for it ;)

Definatly keen for that once the LSD is in and some stiff shocks.

We are going to hire puke again mayb closer to christmas with a group of us so will let bimmersport know also and we can all get amongst it.

Ollie - where should i post them up? i've got before and afters. mayb in general and run it as a pole.

would be interested to hear what bimmersport reckons. may be enough to persuade me.

yeah general or appearance - start a poll

yeah 2nd photo came out quite well. the old lady shocked me with her photography skills actually. got a whole sh*t load of great shots.

Defiantly right at home on the track yes :P

damn, a major transformation. to Bmw enthusiasts a little tweaking here and there.

but i thought this car is being sold/got sold?

none the less. It looks awesome.

considered selling it with the move to aus on the cards but would have more than likely taken it with me anyway.

Looks like we are staying here though now as the plans we had went out the window :(

cheers for the comments