Sign in to follow this  
bmw325i

1998 328i Motor Sport

Hi mate, that's one nice coupe.

Take no attention of those here who tell you to keep it standard.

There are some here who don't believe in "personalising" their rides and others who do.

I'm one of those that do, so you have my total approval of what you intend doing, and E36's look damn good once you do some cosmetic changes. Take a look at mine.

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=19512

BTW. Pm me if you want to sell your old alloys because I have some one who wants a set of those.

Edited by C0SM0S

cheers mate, its coming along quicker than i thought so will add more photos up by the end of the week.

Yours looks very clean, im glad you kept the rear lights and didnt put adter market rears in too :)

I love the Mpars!

Very nice indeed.

Boston Green ftw! Ill go snap a few pics of mine tomorrow and post them up.

I want M3 electric mirrors now, they look good! Also does that manual one have some sort of front lip? is it a M3 one?

Also when did they introduce the M3 style red/white tail lights? Im not sure if I prefer them over the red/white/orange. I quite like the orange with the green..

Beautiful shape these E36 coupes, timeless design like the 635CSI, Post 28 that car looks nice well laid out add as well, confident seller well worth a look.

Your black cosmos 36 coupe is looking mint BC.

it doesnt have any lip, just the standard m sport front with the grate style insert. is a very nice car, i looked at it a couple of times with intentions to buy but plans changed and i went with the one i have now and pranil actually kept it so ill be dragging him along to a few of meets (in his case only in the sun shine as it doesnt go out in the rain :D)

Well just a quick update, the H&R Race springs are now in and are a fantastic feeling and looking spring so thanks again Keith from Suspension Progress Ltd (I highly recommend this bloke!), The tints are done and i ended up going with 20% in rear 3 windows, 35% on door windows and a 5% tint strip on the windscreen. Have brought the M3 front bumper lip so that will be going on this week. Also thanks to scott (EVLBMW) we got the angel eye kit installed today which took just short of 2hr30min, looks great! but havent got a pic of them as of yet...

So to sum it up, mods ive done since i picked it up from taupo are:

-Debadged 328i sign off boot and replaced with 'M' Badge

-Put on he boot lip spoiler and will be leaving it black

-M Parallel AC3 18"rims with some new rubber

-H&R Race springs from the states

-Midnight Express 20/35/5% tinting

-A birthday with Mguires Products so its actually shiny now :P

-Angle Eye halo ring kit into factory headlights

To do this week:

-Get eye lids painted so i can put them on

-Fit the front bumper lip

-Get some form of sound to come out of the speakers as BMW cant seem to get me a correct code for the factory headunit!! GRRR

Heres a few pics taken off my phone so excuse the poor quality. Will give it a wash tomorrow and get the camera out.

post-2520-1244359750_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1244359770_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1244359823_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1244359853_thumb.jpg

Better pics of as it stands now and also a pic of when i got it for a bit of a comparison:

post-2520-1244422154_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1244422164_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1244422172_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1244422181_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1244422191_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1244422198_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1244422207_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1244422266_thumb.jpg

Are those angel eyes inside original headlights or entire new units? they look great

Edited by misgvous_1

That is one good looking coupe mate, and I'm glad you didn't listen to the purists here.

Keep up the good work on it and I hope to see you at the South East meeting on Thursday week. Don't worry about the weather, just give it a good coat of Mothers Showtime, the water will just roll off it.

Cheers guys ;) ill be there next week. Im not one to park up a car (nice or ruggered), a car is made to be driven! haha so will be there rain or shine. i think scott EVLBMW is keen to come across for a few ales so will be good to meet a few of you.

The angle eyes are halo rings stuck on the outer side of the glass light lens s basically the whole light has to be stripped apart to put them in, rather fiddily and time consuming i must say lol.

Just a quick update of what stage im at with the car. Ive been a bit lazy/busy with other sh*t lately so havent been able to do much more but to since the last photos, ive changed the lower bumper grill to the M3 mesh (mission....) and also added the proper coupe eyelids thanks to Hamsh, as the last set i had on there came off at 100kmh through hunua scaring the sh*t out of me ha.

Other changes are mainly just the sounds, have installed a alpine equaliser thanks to brent puling one out of the shed for me, what a bloody mission that was as well (took about 5 and a half hours just to get the equaliser into the glove box and plugged up etc). So ive run 3 lots of RCA leads to the boot to amp front, rear, and a sub set up. For the mean time its just running a nice 12" kenwood sub in a custom box and powered by a mono fuson amp (not my ideal set up but is only temp) will be doing a custom box to fit perfectly in the boot with a small distance between the subs and the rear seats to give the rear seat passengers a bit of a massage and putting 2 10" subs in there instead of 12's. Im not too sure what i want to do in regards to rear speakers yet however so that could take a while before i get anything permanent in there. As for the fronts ill be putting in a set of infinity perfects but will keep the factory tweeter set up there. Factory head unit is still in there with the 6 stacker snug away inconveniently in the boot, and wont be putting any aftermarket headdeck in either.

So yeah that sums up the car to date, have the front lip in the shed but its a matter of finding a spare few hours to sand it to fit and then getting it all put on.

Once again comments and ideas are welcomed :)

Cheers.

post-2520-1247886567_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1247886583_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1247886593_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1247886604_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1247886621_thumb.jpg

oh i might.... look at changing the grills to the inverted style that are set in, instead of the push out ones that it has. Ill still get chrome lipped ones tho at this stage, will see what happens. again comments on this idea welcomed.

^^ You'll need to change the nosepanel to do that.

I have a pf/l nosepanel in B/G if you want one... although it will prob be easier to get one in Aucks. I did the opposite on my E36 because I liked the f/l look better.

Car looks awesome BTW. :D

Edited by _Mark_

Nice Car bro.. Is this Jason that use to go to strathallen ?

Strathallan... I was a founding student there...

yeah so was i. whats your last name?

I really like that colour. Sharp looking car man!

yeah so was i. whats your last name?

Underwood. I started in form 2 and was only there until the end of 4th form. My names Mark, had a twin brother Simon.

a few shots i took today of the things ive done.

Cant wait to get a intense set up in the boot but it will do for the time being.

Ended up doing 5.25" Infinity reference components in the front and amped on the JBL amp, and 4" rockfords in my old 325ci rear speaker compartment boxes which also run off the JBL.

Got round to fitting the front lip too which made a bit of an improvement :)

Have also manual'd it since the last update - thanks to RAY @ HELLBM (highly recommend), so am loving that.

Next move is headers from Wayne and an M3 rear exhaust, and LSD. Should have that all set up in the next couple of weeks with all going well.

Cheers

post-2520-1249801450_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1249801468_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1249801478_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1249801489_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1249801507_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1249801517_thumb.jpg

A few updates on the car.

Will also run a bit of a photo blog of one of my little ideas to do something a bit different with standard motorsport rims.

So ill keep the progress updated on this thread :)

post-2520-1252895104.jpg

post-2520-1252895128.jpg

post-2520-1252895154.jpg

I wouldnt say that man. Mine looked the same back in the day so in theory its just as good ;)

Very nice, looks sh*t hot you don’t muck around!!

Your manual conversion is my favourite mod so far, must have changed the whole dynamic of the car. Where did you get that nice M-shifter?