Sign in to follow this  
Andre3000

WTB: M52 Crankshaft good cond/new

Need an m52 crank for my 2.8L stroker project. Anyone got one?

Also on another topic, wtf can i buy a dbilas itb system? I cant translate their website and it seems you cannot buy from their website directly. Grrrrrrr

dbilas ? lol! how much dosh are you willing to fork out for one of those? they're aren't cheap...

Have 2.8 cranks.

dbilas ? lol! how much dosh are you willing to fork out for one of those? they're aren't cheap...

No sh*t sherlock

Yup thats the one.

Have 2.8 cranks.

Thanks ray, will give you a call tomorrow

Thanks for that Brent. Damn Autobid.

Guest FrantiC

Do you know whats involved with using the m52 crank?

IMO bore out an m20b27 ETA block to 85mm so you can use +1mm oversized custom pistons, gets you to 2.8L for much cheaper.. That way you don't have to do heaps of crank work to make it fit (it's not a direct fit into the m20 block). Also with custom pistons you could have valve reliefs cut into them to make the engine non-intference if you ever break a timing belt... And choose your own compression ratio, as in get high ratio ones if it's gonna b

it's gonna cost you the same, get the whole engine?

well maybe not the same..

Do you know whats involved with using the m52 crank?

IMO bore out an m20b27 ETA block to 85mm so you can use +1mm oversized custom pistons, gets you to 2.8L for much cheaper.. That way you don't have to do heaps of crank work to make it fit (it's not a direct fit into the m20 block). Also with custom pistons you could have valve reliefs cut into them to make the engine non-intference if you ever break a timing belt... And choose your own compression ratio, as in get high ratio ones if it's gonna b

I heard about this crank swap as an alternative to the 2.7l ETA bottom end on Sunday. Was told that the swap was relatively simple, with a couple of small turning jobs to do on the ends of the crank (which the web link seems to back up). Am I missing something else?

Surely custom oversized pistons are going to be big $$$s unless you can find a stock size out of another motor?

Not that I'm an expert...

Its best to go with bigger valves as well and a good cylinder head porting job. ++++ $$$$$