Sign in to follow this  
far4ngn

318is on TM

Wikipedia says M42 has 134hp, B25 has 168hp. So I would assume the 318iS would be more flickable and relatively quick being a light il4.

Wikipedia says M42 has 134hp, B25 has 168hp. So I would assume the 318iS would be more flickable and relatively quick being a light il4.

This.

I have been told that because of the weight difference they are about even off the line. I'd say the m20 would have more pull up high though.

Guest Simon*

I was keen on this too - looks pretty sweet

I see Mitch has hit reserve (BS member)

This.

I have been told that because of the weight difference they are about even off the line. I'd say the m20 would have more pull up high though.

I would've thought this would be the other way round? B25 having more torque and better mid range pull. M42 making its power at high revs.

There are heaps and heaps of debates on e30zone.net about which is better between the 318iS and the 325i

Most of the 6pot guys say the 325i and most of the 4pot guys say 318iS

Guest Simon*

There are heaps and heaps of debates on e30zone.net about which is better between the 318iS and the 325i

Most of the 6pot guys say the 325i and most of the 4pot guys say 318iS

Hahaha that cracked me up Dean

It's like saying "All the 318iS fans like the 318iS but all the 325 fans prefer the 325" :lol:

Thats exactly what its like though Simon :P . It really just depends what you like in a car as to which one is better for you.

Edited by deane30

Ive driven both and 325i/m325i are much more fun in my opinion, allot more TQ and they sound better to

Anyone from here planning on bidding? Im so keen but dont have the space :( Dam townhouse complex with 1 park! Would be quite neat owning an E30 & E36 318is!

Were they all motorsports? What makes it a motorsport?

The E30 318is was a runout model to compete with the Golf GTI and Peugeot 106 of the era. It used the M42 engine from the about to be released E36. It has 325i brakes and suspension all round, the unique interior and iS front lip.

Around 25 were brought into the country.... apparently about 15 of those are still running. So quite a rare car.

There is a dedicated 318is forum on the net, can't remember what it's called.... should be found with a quick Google.

a 318iS might keep up with a 325i in first gear? after that it would be destroyed, unless it's a tired 2.5 with lots of sh*t in the car. handling difference is great, but you have to put up with a horrible sound. much better fuel consumption though

I intended on bidding to win this, but the price is just a tad too high for me, 5500 was my top top top dollar.

Pretty cheap really. Sorry this was a useless post just so I could get to 3000, my internet penis is getting bigger

Pretty cheap really. Sorry this was a useless post just so I could get to 3000, my internet penis is getting bigger

It's so large.

Someone re-set this guys post count for trolling :P

The front seat doesn’t look to bad, just get a donor piece and recover the bolsters. No biggie.

Guest Simon*

Might slap you with a warning there mod for post whoring ;)

Very nice car - is the new owner here???

Very nice car - is the new owner here???

Hi Guys

I am the lucky auction winner , fantastic little car . Lots of plans for her ,already had a good cut and polish .

Just as slippery in the wet as my previous 1997 325i shadowline!!

I have heard that there is a company in Onehanga that has the same material to recover the seat .Does anyone else have any info about this.