Sign in to follow this  
dave

Gay new law...

so i got pulled over yesterday...

cop rolled up "Aaaaah you know its illegal to smoke while driving"

WTF? its a $60 fine as of about a month ago...

I askd him if he was joking and said id never heard of that before in my life?

he gave me a warning!

WTF that is the stupidest thing i have ever herd!

wats next?.... no changing radio stations or something?

thats so low . f*ckn stupid as laws

I heard about something like this on the radio - but it was being done by the rock and they were saying it was upto $10,000 fines.

Now everyone was pretty sure they were taking hte piss and yea I googled it and there was no info on it.

Would you be able to scan the ticket blurring out any personal details ?

Edited by E30stz

I heard about something like this on the radio - but it was being done by the rock and they were saying it was upto $10,000 fines.

Now everyone was pretty sure they were taking hte piss and yea I googled it and there was no info on it.

Would you be able to scan the ticket blurring out any personal details ?

like is said i got a warning, which makes me wonder if they were taking the piss?

with the amount of publicity that driving with mobile fones got I'm sure there will be at least 1 article if it were true.

Harassment ...

nah it is for real, sucks to be a smoker now huh?

no smoking in bars, and now not even in your car....

skooled

yeah it is a new law, a good law if you ask me.

I heard that on the rock about 3 - 4 weeks ago - thats really out of it, i thought the rock was just taking the piss, but apparently not?

please can someone find some proof - I know alot of people have based there facts upon what hte rock have said and yes tehy could be right but untill I see it for myself I'm always gonna be a bit :huh: . Theres been like no publicity out of the whole thing, and im sure it would have been much more conflicting.

Guest Andrew

yeah it is a new law, a good law if you ask me.

is not as distracting as using a cell phone - and you still mainly have both hands on the wheels. Its a damn retarded law - I'm gonna take out some tail light bulbs and drive round waiting to get pulled over while smoking - they can kiss my ass!

The closest I can find, is Part 1(9) of the Smoke-Free Environments Act 1990.

It mentions smoking restricted in passenger service vehicles, but that is in regards to Trains, Buses etc etc.. I'll talk to my police buddy see if he has heard of this mysterious new law.

B) DEMOCRACY!!!

The reason I left NZ, is that it's so all undemocratic!!! No freedom or anything!!

Some similar dumbass laws that made me leave and find greener pastures :

1* Can't drink outside (NO BBQ AT THE FRIGIN BEACH!!). They even tried to stop the champagne poping at the americas cup, tried to make 'em use Fanta or something!!

2* Can't walk in town in a group of more than 4 people (you can, but the police can stop you without reason). The reason behind this being that you are considered a GANG if your groups number surpasses 3!!

3* MMP : This gives the opportunity for any nut-case to make a political party and get a seat in parliment. I reckon some are "Funny" like the legalize cannibis party or something and really harmless. But you have some Bigots and racists or whatever who can get some sort of power if they try. (example : New Zealand National front)

4* Can't smoke anywhere. All restaurants, pubs, bars, and you've got to pay $10 for a pack!! That's crazy!!

5* Can't do bussiness freely, gotta get permits, pay crazy ass taxes and import duties that are one of the highest in the world.

SO I came to Japan. Where I do whatever I please without any problems. I smoke everywhere, drink beer on the subway (yeah, we've got subways!!). I pay $2.00 for a pack of smokes!! Pay miniscule taxes, buy cars cheaper than NZ. And to top everything off, The cost of living is much cheaper!!! NZ is a ripp OFF state. A 3 bed-room house in Auckland would cost $400,000 on average. You could buy a 5 bed room place here in Japan and still get change. I drive 100km on a 40km road and go past the coppers, but they never even try to stop me. And there aint no speed cameras!

So I say to you all, leave New Zealand, and all the welfare collecting parasites before it's too late!

Cigarette smokers are social pariahs more than boy-racers even! I think I'd support the smoking ban while driving... the disgusting flicking butts out the window, the risk of dropping hot ash on your pants, etc. I saw a kid the other day driving around a 90 degree corner with a ciggy in one hand & texting with the other.

Smoking joke:

A woman walks up to the cigarette stand & chooses a pack of ciggies... it has a big black label that says "Smoking Kills." She frowns, puts it back & takes the next one. "Smoking causes heart disease" not good, frowns again & goes to the next one. "Smoking harms your baby while pregnant." Aha! says the lady, she's not pregnant, and buys the pack of cigarettes.

Moral of the story, they can cost twice as much again, in black packs with a skull & crossbones on them called "Tumours" and people will still smoke em.

yeah this country blows for government control...everywhere

You all realise that Mr.Helen was a full on commie supporter when she was younger..

makes you wonder about all this control and redistribution of the taxes to the benefit sucking skumbags

(i dont have a problem with ppl on the benefit...i have one with the ppl who make a living and full time job off of it/on it).

makes me so mad....wheres a Lee.H.Oswold when you need one

B) To Shaow Ninja. I myself am a smoker, and I wont say it's the greatest thing, BUT I will say that it's not the worst thing either. (I'm smoking my Marlboro's as I type by the way, and I've got my Air Purifier on full blast).

Are Cigarettes a menace to society ?? Let's Compare, some classic KIWI examples (anti-smoking country) VS Japan (the land of the rising smokers).

In NZ :

Fat men have their pants so LOW, that you can see their crack !!

Real Fat women wear real tight out-fits.

Women with real big asses!!

Old people with veins sticking out, but wear shorts year-round.

People who always go bear-feet. Even in public rest rooms.

Women who are real ugly, that don't wear make-up.

People driving old Japanese cars.

Diesel Trains (can't find 'em in any other industrialized country mate)

Eating Lamb (come on !! they're baby sheep!!)

People who fart in public.

So, there you go, Fix that and I reckon you've got a good case saying smoking causes trouble to others.

And to Helen Clark and her Far-Left Labour Party. People like me will leave NZ, and I'm here in Japan hiring 10 Japs and paying my taxes to the government here. My older sister got her law degree in NZ and went to the UK to work in a bank.

I reckon there are heaps of people like me around the world. I'm waiting for a regieme change before I can go back. (I'm like a dissident, like those Iraq people).

Edited by hamiltonjapan

Sorry Hamiltonjapan, but I must point out a few flaws in your argument.

Europe, USA, England, SA, and Aussie all use diesel trains.

As for fat and/or ugly ppl, I suggest you go live in America for a while, you'll see first hand that NZ pales in comparison.

I would also suggest that the fashion faux pas commited by old people with viens is a world-wide thing, not just NZ.

As for eating lamb, well, if you think killing dumb animals is bad then what about killing whales??? Isn't Japan one of the most blatant abusers of animal rights, what about the whole growing kittens in jars as a hobby???

I hardly ever find myself being subjected to something as menacing as cigarette smoke. I'm all for the indoor smoking ban, it doesn't stop smokers from smoking as they can always go outside and do it, alot of cafes and bar have balconies or outdoor areas.

As for the car smoking, that along with cellphones should be banned as they really are a danger to drivers in terms of distractions.

But I guess if you really don't like these things you can go live in a country where women aren't fully respected and aren't treated as equals, now that would be far worse than smoking if you're a female.

Edited by ///Carl

People driving old Japanese cars.

nothing wrong with an old japanese car... so you saying Ae86s and the old Z cars which are idolised in japan are sh*t?

nothing wrong with old jap cars, good for reliability, esp the sigma

Posted Image

I believe smoking in bar/resturant balcony's are still banned ... as for smoking in an outside area of a bar/resturant i don't know ...

Smoking is the leading distraction while driving causing car accidents in New Zealand, well ahead of mobile phones, and smokefree groups are calling for people to declare their cars smokefree.

“Smoking in your car poses a hazard to not only yourself, but also your passengers and other people on the road. If you must, have a cigarette before you get into your car, but don’t smoke and drive,” says ASH director Trish Fraser.

Last year 226 drivers in New Zealand were handling cigarettes and had an accident, compared with 51 drivers that were using mobile phones.

This was an increase from 2002, which saw 191 incidences of people handling cigarettes and having a car accident and 48 handling mobile phones.

The LTSA do not believe smoking should be banned in cars, however think that people need to keep it to a minimum.

“It should be kept to a minimum. As with anything, eating, drinking or whatever - you are there to drive and your concentration should be on the road,” says LTSA spokesperson Andrew Knackstedt.

ASH also believes that people should ban smoking in cars and not just to prevent car accidents.

“Secondhand smoke is a toxic substance and is capable of causing numerous illnesses and even death and this threat is increased in the confines of a car,” says Ms Fraser.

er where was that quoted from, got the source?

because it has been made illegal...