Sign in to follow this  
dave

Gay new law...

Guest Andrew

if that sh*t is ilegal i'm gonna try pull over the next cop i see eating a donut while drivings.

As for eating lamb, well, if you think killing dumb animals is bad then what about killing whales??? Isn't Japan one of the most blatant abusers of animal rights, what about the whole growing kittens in jars as a hobby???

If I remember correctly, Japan has been caught fishing/hunting/killing around 400 whales in Australian waters. They claim it was for 'research' purposes. Bullshit.

nothing wrong with old jap cars, good for reliability, esp the sigma

:mosh:

I still reckon the cops should be pulling people over for minor offences (like people not using their indicators when leaving roundabouts, that f**ks me off) rather than lighting up (a fag that is)

B) As for the Jappers eating whales, I'm all against that. Went to my local COSTCO (american supermarket) here in Japan and they're selling the whale-meat like real cheap ('bout 10 dollars a kilo).

One funny story. A year ago, a bunch of whales got stranded on the beach here in Japan. In NZ, all 'em green dudes would rescue them (which is the right thing). But here in Japan, all these poor dudes went to the beach with their kitchen knives and started collecting their dinner (this is a true story). I watched it on the News and the announcer was saying it was a gift from god (meaning their emperor).

What I always hated in NZ. Green peace dudes driving really old cars. Buy a Hybrid car if you want to talk the talk. Also people who think they are skin heads that drive Japanese cars, watch a Sanyo TV, play a playstation etc, etc.

Also people who think they are skin heads that drive Japanese cars, watch a Sanyo TV, play a playstation etc, etc.

Posted Image

Wait for a regime change to move back to NZ?? Most people realise how little different governments have on their day-to-day lives. Especially in NZ where the both major parties are so close to each other in fundamental policies its patently unfunny. We don't have a right wing & left wing here, we have a slightly-left-of-centre and a slightly-right-of-centre.

Lets start a new thread bashing different countries for their idiosyncracies... [or not].

Back to the ciggies though... I think what people do in their own home etc is absolutely fine. Smoke a pack an hour for all I care. Just don't ruin my filet mignon at a restaurant with your fumes, don't use my tax dollars for your medical treatment, and don't crash into the back of my car because you lit your nuts on fire.

(oh and NZ rocks, thats why I chose to live here!)

don't crash into the back of my car because you lit your nuts on fire.

lol, get out to go over to beat some dick for crashing into you and his nuts are on fire..

sh*t i would just laugh!

One thing you realise with the smokefree thing is that ... since the majority of tax is via ciggies and alcohol ... and now that it's smokefree in public which just means either people would consume more alcohol or our other taxes will increase to make up for the lack of tax from ciggies ...

Guest Andrew

One thing you realise with the smokefree thing is that ... since the majority of tax is via ciggies and alcohol ... and now that it's smokefree in public which just means either people would consume more alcohol or our other taxes will increase to make up for the lack of tax from ciggies ...

its smokefree in public?

I ment in public area's like resturant's, bars, all public indoors pretty much, work places etc ..

take a look on this page for more details ..

here

just talked to a cop i know and he said ... "if a cop pulls you up and gives you a warning / fine for smoking, tell them to get f**ked"

smoking when driving = still legal

Edited by 325GRANT

B) 325 Grant, I'm glad NZ still has some civil rights remaining. And Alliluya, what you said is right on the mark. Shadow Ninja is on about how he's paying for the smokers probs. Well I reckon it's the other way 'round, when we're paying $8.00 in tax everyday for a pack a smokes.

If I wanted to start, say for example a cigar bar in Auckland city. where the sole purpose of going would be to smoke. so no non-smokers would ever go. and if they went they would know it would be "SMOKING". I couldn't do it, because of the LAW.

This isn't causing anyharm to anyone. Just generating income for our government to do what they like to do (fund social welfare, make more speed cameras, sell our forrests to japan etc).

Is this Democracy (what Shadow Ninja calls "slightly to the right".

Clean Green NZ should be more like "no green (cause no forrests), RED, NZ".

Edited by hamiltonjapan

Actually I would support a cigar bar, as a place clearly intended for smoking. I would have a personal choice as to whether to go there or to another restaurant next door instead.

And if you think the tax you're paying on ciggies is high, it still doesn't cover the wider health costs & social costs. You surely must know by now that smoking is one of the highest causes of preventable deaths in 1st world countries (ok and 2nd world countries like NZ).

Indeed our current government is 'slightly left of centre' if you look at our economic policies, slightly more to the left on some social policies. Sure I'd support lower taxes (especially that stupid $60k+ bracket... USA doesn't have their top tax bracket kick in until $250k+ USD) and a lower dependence on social welfare... but it all contributes to a different culture in NZ.

Having lived in the USA and the difference in medical care for most people, the lack of litigation, and the differences between the 'haves & have-nots' is so much small here.

Interesting reading.. but at 31 and haveing smoked for 12 of those (quit 2 years ago) I firmly believe that if your dumb enough to smoke you deserve to be shafted by the government.. so stop bitching about it and just think of the tax as compulsory health insurance!

If you get lung/throat/heart cancer because of your smoking the total cost of treatment is in the vicinity of 200,000British pounds (info from Allan Carr one of the worlds leading quit smoking organizations) thats around 40,000 packs of cigs! Ok so thats in the UK but I would be very surprised if we could do it cheaper here.

I think is great that there will be no smoking in bars/restaurants if you want to smoke great but do it in your own home or car..end rant

You surely must know by now that smoking is one of the highest causes of preventable deaths in 1st world countries (ok and 2nd world countries like NZ).

i think we are actually classed as a third world country now... or on the fringe of it as we speak.

i think maybe the law is that if you cause an accident or are in an accident whilst smoking you have been a bad boy and won't get insurance or will gert the blame put on you. i dunno i really don't. but smoking stinks anyway.

New Zealand is a first world country! america is just another f**kin world.

yes tax is high on cigarettes infact more than 50% i believe but the government spends more than that on f**kin health costs for all you dumb bitches who get lung cancer etc....

oh and all us poor bastards who get mild cases of lung cancer from inhaling your secondhand smoke you filthy inconciderate bastards who think it's your right to smoke around us. i could swing my arms around like a spastic and whoops i smack you in the face knock you out then say "it's my right to swing my arms around in the air" but i dont do that because i respect that you don't want to get hit!

but people think it's thier right to smoke whereever they want!?!?!?!?!? :banghead:

i could swing my arms around like a spastic and whoops i smack you in the face knock you out then say "it's my right to swing my arms around in the air" but i dont do that because i respect that you don't want to get hit!

but people think it's thier right to smoke whereever they want!?!?!?!?!? :banghead:

bro you get it wrong, its "i could walk towards you and jab you twice in the face for a set up to spinning heel you"..............but i dont do that because i respect that you don't want to get hit!...

yea

B) Reading the replies here, I reconk if you can't afford private health insurance, you shouldn't be smoking $10.00 a pack smokes.

If the GOV really wanted to save hospital bills than it would have already put a ban on Roll your own tabaco. Because this is what the poor dudes who've got no insurance smoke. I don't think some fool on the dole is out there smoking a pack of Marlboros.

Second hand smoking really sucks (and thats comming from a smoker). But this is a matter of manners, not smoking. Just like farting in front of strangers, and spitting gum on the ground, letting your dog sh*t on the pavement, getting a noisy exhaust etc.

So, I reckon to sum it all up. Smokers have to be more aware of their social responsibilities. Government should stop poor people from smoking (ban rollies, and if I remember correctly Holiday brand smokes). Treatment of lung cancer or other smoking related disease shouldn't be covered by public health insurance (only private), do the same with alcohole (drunk driving, liver disease, domestic violence etc).

When I lived in NZ, it was a first world country and if I returned today it would be a first world country. And everyone on this board drives a bimmer so I'd say it's a first world country for you. But I reckon there are heaps of dudes who are over 30 in NZ who earn like 20,000 - 30,000 a year and support a family. This aint first world. Thats like 13,000 - 25,000 US$ a year!!

Again, this thread has got stupid, with the majority of the posts being off topic.

The topic here is, whether it is legal or not to smoke while driving your car.

Get back on topic.

If you all want to attempt to impress everyone with your pseudo-intellectual arguements, either start an informed debate in the off topic forum, or go and find a socio-political forum to vent your thoughts and opinions (which I admit all seem a bit 1/2 baked reading this thread).

Cheers

I don't know about any new law, but the Smokefree legislation that comes into force on December 10 prohibits smoking in a work vehicle that is used by other staff members as it is part of the workplace. Truckdrivers are exempt if the other drivers who use their rig agree to them smoking in it.

As far as joe public being banned from smoking in their own private vehicle, I know nothing of that.

my boss' wife works in the auckland traffic police unit, and as a smoker she was pretty pissed off when i told her, she went and asked her boss, and he said no its the young cops getting all cocky an thinking they can get away with anything, she said if it happens again tell the cop where to go and get his badge number, as its 100% legal!

Grant, take a chill pill.

:rolleyes:

I'm always chilled

Just trying to keep things in the right place. There is a reason that there is an off topic forum.

I don't see what the New Zealand political climate has to do with the general discussion about BMW's.

Cheers

I don't see what the New Zealand political climate has to do with the general discussion about BMW's.

grant, you cant se the correlation between them??

jk.