Sign in to follow this  
crazyarab

WTB: E30 Leather Gater + M Gear Knob

As per title, anyone know where I can source a nice shiny leather gater + gear knob?

Cheers,

Atta

I know you can get leather gaters from Repco for $30 that fit E30, I got one in mine.

The E36 M3 knob fits E30's.... same as mine.

I don't think they're too horrendously priced at the dealer.

post-2031-1248496356_thumb.jpg

they're over $60 at the dealer! i used to have a leather one.. but the leather pealed off and it was wood! it was the old e21 style aswell.. but i lost it before my car went manual.. i still spend hours looking for it.

The E36 M3 knob fits E30's.... same as mine.

I don't think they're too horrendously priced at the dealer.

post-2031-1248496356_thumb.jpg

Keeeeeen for one of those!

I think Matt payed over $100 for one just recently?

i got mine from BM warehouse in hamilton .

about $100+

Keeeeeen for one of those!

Got one of those off Ebay out of UK - about $70 from memory

Sold the old semi slicks so now have a bit of "extra car funds" to splurge on some goodies once the E30 arrives :).

if it has the factory gear knob, pm me i'll buy it off you. every e30 i purchase comes with a after market one for some reason, can't hurt to stock up.

I got a leather knob for $115 from the dealer. But that doesn't come with the shift pattern badge which was an extra $24 from euro-italian. Definitely not cheap but so worth it to me.

I had a look on ebay uk when i was wanting one and i think i worked it out it would've cost $130 by the time it was shipped here. Maybe i was just looking in the wrong place.

if it has the factory gear knob, pm me i'll buy it off you. every e30 i purchase comes with a after market one for some reason, can't hurt to stock up.

Sadly since E30's aren't all that expensive, stupid kids with rich parents can make mummy and daddy buy them a "rwd skidda" and do stupid ricer mods, that their ricer math can't comprehend.

Try eBay in the US. Even after shipping it will be miles cheaper than getting one from the dealer.

Atta, mate, still drewling at your car. If you want a shift knob, buy it new and genuine from BMW. Its about $150 well spent. I have just ordered an E30 M3 illuminated shift knob from a US website (LHD). Its a one piece leather thing. Will show you if you ever come up to Auckland.

I'll be bringing in a couple of these in the next week or two.

Posted Image

Don't know if it'd suit the E30 though. Might be a bit short idk.

I'll be bringing in a couple of these in the next week or two.

Posted Image

Don't know if it'd suit the E30 though. Might be a bit short idk.

Looks real good Nick, keep me posted :)

Slightly offtopic but I brought some of these for my new e30: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E30-E36...sQ5fAccessories

I will post some pics up when they get here to see how good they look.

Should be amazing to match my suede wheel. Man if I didn't love my JDM/Nismo/Buttplug shifter so much I would be all over one of those M Knob's haha.

Looks real good Nick, keep me posted :)

Registering interest Nick :D

Ok, I'll keep you guys updated. Will probably be ordering today. (PM me for pricing)

btw, they're really good. Just a small plug haha. They're shorter than the standard knob by about 1cm and they're also weighted. They're known to people as short shift knobs as they are meant to make the shift shorter and smoother. These are genuine BMW.

I will post some pics up when they get here to see how good they look.

Should be amazing to match my suede wheel. Man if I didn't love my JDM/Nismo/Buttplug shifter so much I would be all over one of those M Knob's haha.

Nathan, I was looking at bringing in a bulk lot of those. But the main thing that put me off was you have to attach them to you existing plastic surround. And I have no idea how easy that would be. The current BMW one I have looks to be melted to the surround!

Let me know how it goes (Pictures! haha)

Edited by Nick021

Can anyone enlighten me as to how the gear knob is fixed to the leather boot?

Mine is one single piece, i.e the leather boot is actually the gear knob as well.

Did a quick google search to see if I could find an exploded view of the assembly with no luck.

Just payed a visit to a highly recommend auto trimmer and decided to re-do my existing gear knob. Stripped all the old leather off and going to get him to do something a bit special with it B)

Will post some pics when it's done.

Tri-colour M stitching?

Mmmmmmmm :wub:

Let me know how it turns out, my gaiter has a tear in it and needs replacing.

I have a couple of genuine BMW leather gear knobs in stock. Also have the M sport badges for them. PM me if anyone is interested.