Sign in to follow this  
Guest Simon*

Hammond involved in four car pile-up

Guest Simon*

Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond was involved in a four-car pile-up in the weekend while driving a $NZ268,000 supercar, a British newspaper has reported.

The TV star was driving his beloved Morgan Aeromax at the time of the crash. Hammond's Aeromax is one of only 100 ever produced.

Police told the paper no one was injured and that they only attended the scene to deal with the traffic build-up.

One witness said there was some "good-natured banter" when the other drivers realised who it was, the Daily Mirror reported.

Hammond made headlines in 2006 when he was nearly killed while test-driving a jet car for the popular TV show.

Wikipedia tells me that the Aeromax has a BMW V8. In a car that is possibly close to a tonne. Awesome.

thats 1 less ugly ass car on the road

Have to agree Ollie that is butt ugly is that why they only made 100? haha

thats 1 less ugly ass car on the road

Word. As ugly as a bull dogs a-hole.

A friend of mine has the similar convertible version and you wouldnt believe how impossible it must be to work on the engine!! Half the car needs to be taken apart......! I like car as a whole, not so sure about the cross- eyed look though.... it is, VERY cross eyed.

Ugly? Naaah. I Reckon the aeromax is unique and quirky, sure. But its totally badass in the kind of way that ONLY a morgan can be.

Mmmm.

Posted Image