Sign in to follow this  
greenday-rulz21

Photoshop please?

Car would look great on gold. But it needs some more lowering if you are going to paint them any colour in my opinion.

Halfway through downloading CS4... bear with me Nick.... CS2 won't run properly on my 64 bit Windows 7 PC. :)

OT...but how long did it take Mark ?

Gun Metal grey, Mark's last pic FTW.

Then lower it a bit and that'd look tits

Guest Simon*

If you can exactly match the colour of your car then that should be the boldest move you make. Otherwise gunmetal is win.

You'll think Gold is cool for a week then you'll hate it and wish you hadn't.

Cheers Mark! You are a legend! I do really need to learn how to use photoshop, it comes in handy for these sorts of things.

Car would look great on gold. But it needs some more lowering if you are going to paint them any colour in my opinion.

Thats why I'm getting around to the wheels now mate. Should be getting Jase's lowering springs in the next week or two, 50ish mm drop. Should look like the photoshop picture Mark and Brook did for me before! :D Probably should have asked to do it on that picture instead but the colours were played around with in photoshop so I don't think it would give an accurate representation of what it would look like.

Posted Image

Thanks to Mark again. High Five!

OT...but how long did it take Mark ?

It's about 800MB... on my crap connection it took about 2 hours.

Guest Simon*

Everyone talks slammage. Don't overdo it Nick. It's too low in that top pic. Looks dumb with wheels tucked way under rear arches. Needs massive negative camber and wider rears to pull of that look ala the american forum fanboys with their glossy shots.

Think about handling, future track days, nasty camber tyre wear and rubbage before you go all feral and drop it right down on its arse ;)

I purchased this Nick.. retail they are about $180.. I got this on Tardme for $45 2nd hand but in very good condition

post-1129-1265224292.jpg

Edited by *Glenn*

Guest Ari Gold

Everyone talks slammage. Don't overdo it Nick. It's too low in that top pic. Looks dumb with wheels tucked way under rear arches. Needs massive negative camber and wider rears to pull of that look ala the american forum fanboys with their glossy shots.

Think about handling, future track days, nasty camber tyre wear and rubbage before you go all feral and drop it right down on its arse ;)

BMW had the M3's pretty low from factory, I remember CAR magazine in the UK did a huge article on the how and why, and how they managed to get it as low as it was (revolutionary at the time) and keep its handling so pure.

I agree about the american fanboy stuff, but I hate to say it, Nicks car is currently miles in the air. Compare it to PJ's side by side, and a happy medium between the two should be struck.

Guest Simon*

Hence the don't overdo it there young Ari ;)

Sacrificing handling for looks is criminal IMO, that's all

Have to agree with Simon on this one.

Ive done high (standard), low and even lower with my E36.

The lowest being with super low springs. Looked perfect but was an absolute PITA to go over judder bars, driveways etc. Just not practical not to mention well well under 100mm at the lowest point. I only lasted 3 months with them in. Front guard sat right on edge of tyre, rear guard tucked edge of type approx 50%

I dont know how some people who have theirs compleatly sacked can handle it, let alone get a wof :wacko:

I have now settled for a happy medium which is a dollar each way as far as looks and performance goes.

There are probably better options out there than springs alone but this was the most cost effective option for me at the time.

Don't get you knickers in a twist!

I don't intend to slam it! Like Ari says it is miles in the air. They're Jase's old springs so it should sit pretty similar to his I would think. Been for a ride in his at that hight it handles equally as amazing as mine now but probably better. (Do not want to start a huge discussion on lowering doesn't do anything for handling sh*t).

Posted Image

Still not convinced on the gunmetal centers though. I love the wheels you posted Sam but not really sure. Maybe just stick with silver? But thats boring! Ahh!

btw Glenn, cheers for that. I'll have a look around very keen to learn more.

Edited by Nick021

Knickers in a twist? Who?

If that was directed at me I was only trying to give some advice!

No no no, Not directed at anyone in particular. Just the posts that stood out sounded though I was going to sack it out, was never my intention.

Your advice and its really good to hear. Very helpful.

I never intended to sack it out or go to super lows. Thats why I haven't already seriously looked at lowering because I wanted a medium between super low and arch gap. I'm extremely lucky that Jase offered me his, because thats pretty much exactly what I want. However it could go a touch lower in the front but I'm not at all worried about that and won't be doing anything about that. All I really want to do is lose the arch gap.

Wheels!

OT again Nick...... we should fly Mark up to Auckland to give us PS lessons :P

We so should! Awesome idea mate. Mark when are you free? :D

I've got a copy of photoshop somewhere but just looking at all the functions makes my head hurt. Although I know its well worth getting those skills.

Probably a bit late now but I have a few very good Photoshop books that basically teach you everything to do with photoshop if you need to borrow them and play around with it yourself. Both CS3 and CS4.