Sign in to follow this  
Shady

Thinking of selling then buying another E30

Am thinking of selling my E30 and then later on maybe like early next year, buy me another nicer & more reliable E30 (one that only needs personal touches NOT major repairs etc).

So, what kind of E30 prefer 325 or bigger (must be4door) & in what condition, do you think I could buy for say $3000-$4000? Preferably with a few small mods eg exhaust, CAI, suspension - whatever - may be standard for that price I guess?

Is that just a joke or could I possibly find a very nice one for that price range? Have had a look on Trademe, but there is bugger all on there and the ones that are, are either 318i (what I already got) or are so standard & run down its stupid.

Any suggestions?

Oh, and what $ should I ask for my car? Im going to remove the springs, steering wheel + bosskit, eyelids & cd player. So be basically standard apart from the exhaust tip & paintjob.

AND NO: I wont be chroming it up or welding the doors lol! I just want a nice E30 which I can be proud of...the one I got now, is just a joke now. Costing me more $ that is worth!

Edited by Shady

Hah I just looked at that on TM (just done another search). Looks mint, but I really want a 325 or bigger, aye.

If I had $5G right now, Id be keen AS on this!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-233948498.htm

Lower it & maybe a few engine mods for performance & a manual conversion and it'd be mack as!

No doubt, the dealer has put this car thru a spotless car clean (every nook 'n cranny haha).

Looking for something new to go reppin' and rollin' in? B)

TradeMe is the best place for a price indication for a 'nice' E30. I doubt you would get much of a 325i for $4k.

Looking for something new to go reppin' and rollin' in? B)

TradeMe is the best place for a price indication for a 'nice' E30. I doubt you would get much of a 325i for $4k.

Thats what Im asking. As to what price range I would be looking at. So once I do sell my POS, and finish my other FIRST project, I know how much to save. So $4G would be lucky to get a semi mint 325?

325i = biggest.

besides, an M20B20 is more than enough power for reppin' and rollin'

Edited by antil33t

325i = biggest.

I thought there was a 327? maybe Im just imaging things then lol!

Guest MAxx

There was a 2.7eta. But it is slower than the 325.

And a m20b20 aint much better than a 318, apart from the extra torque.

Guest FrantiC

I have a 327 :ph34r:

But back to the issue, IMO you de valued the e30 you have now and would put alot of buyers off just because the fact it's matt black and it isn't too appealing.

Guest MAxx

I have a 327 :ph34r:

But back to the issue, IMO you de valued the e30 you have now and would put alot of buyers off just because the fact it's matt black and it isn't too appealing.

Oh a modfied 2.7 with 325 or 320 head goes well. But a standard 2.7 with original head... Alot of torque, but not much else.

Was worst before I matt blacked it. trust me. the original paint was absolute **** with dents all over it & one big nasty gauge in the rear left door which was nicely bogged by my mate (you'd only notice it if I pointed it out).

If the car wasnt constintly costing me $ keeping it running (leaks & noises just keep popping up one after the other - I think I get it all then another thing starts) I would repaint it & clear coat it...but nah...lost interest.

AshR- I dunno. It will be standard apart from the paint & exhaust though. I will remove everything: springs, steering wheel & bosskit, sounds etc. I can get some photos tomorrow if its sunny...

EDIT: Before I sell it, I will do the following, just so if someone is keen to buy they cant try drop the price due to these: powersteering flush (its all black), thermostat replaced, leak in trans will be fixed. And .... see my WTB for what I think needs replacing which I will do if I feel like it before I sell it.

Edited by Shady

For a budget of 3-4 k you can get a 325, but to find a manual one is getting a bit harder or you can do a conversion.

Here are some auto Examples.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-236040192.htm

This looks good:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-237265120.htm

2nd one looks good. Im not a fan of the colour Red, but Im sure I can get over that if it was very tidy (could always get it repainted anyways). Cheer Andrew, gives me an idea of what I to look for.

And yeah, I dont mind buying another Auto & just doing a conversion on it...but that means I wouldnt pay much more than $4G though if its a Auto.

Alright people enough is enough. If your just here to take the piss find somewhere else to play. There are enough for sale threads screwed up just because people dont have anything better to do.

Shady's sig is right...

Its a matter of keeping an eye out for bargins I guess.

I'm paying 3k for a 1989 325i Manual, however its been butchered a bit with the following:

Its not a perfect car at all, am picking it up this weekend, however its in need of an engine rebuild pretty much. but I thought it was worth it due to being a factory manual 325i. its gonna be a PROJECT car anyway..

I already have a cruiser (e30 320i auto) that I can rely on pretty much.

2.7 conversion, ETA bottom end, 731 Head,323 Cam, 325 inlet manifold ported to match, running later engine management ,new cam belt, water pump, tensioner, spark plugs,

- 5 speed conversion

- Recaro seats just been retrimmed in BMW fabric

- Retrimmed headlining in black fabric

- 15" Cross spoke alloys

- lowered

- new clutch, lightened flywheel

- K & N filter

- extractors

- Nolathane engine mounts

- Alpina badges

- M gear knob

- chrome dumpy exhaust

- Alpina badges

- chrome dumpy exhaust

Tell me you're kidding

Tell me you're kidding

Afraid not, the car is going to go through a process of "De Butchering"

It needs a Euro Style Twin Pipe Muffler. Factory style infact.. thats how I like it.

Its a matter of keeping an eye out for bargins I guess.

I'm paying 3k for a 1989 325i Manual, however its been butchered a bit with the following:

Its not a perfect car at all, am picking it up this weekend, however its in need of an engine rebuild pretty much. but I thought it was worth it due to being a factory manual 325i. its gonna be a PROJECT car anyway..

I already have a cruiser (e30 320i auto) that I can rely on pretty much.

2.7 conversion, ETA bottom end, 731 Head,323 Cam, 325 inlet manifold ported to match, running later engine management ,new cam belt, water pump, tensioner, spark plugs,

- 5 speed conversion

- Recaro seats just been retrimmed in BMW fabric

- Retrimmed headlining in black fabric

- 15" Cross spoke alloys

- lowered

- new clutch, lightened flywheel

- K & N filter

- extractors

- Nolathane engine mounts

- Alpina badges

- M gear knob

- chrome dumpy exhaust

Was that the white one that was just on trademe?

Was that the white one that was just on trademe?

yeah, that info was a copy and paste from a previous ad when the car was on trademe at another time.

but yes.. the white one on trademe.

I have a post about it in the Performance Section

Did it used to have a Tech2 kit?

Posted Image

This is it.. seems to have colour coded bumpers and door handles? but probably painted by an owner for all I know..

as for tech 2 kit, no idea if it ever had that, i'm thinking probably not though

Just keep searching Shady. I got mine for $1200, and after fixing the rust / paint, putting a manual in it, and doing the cambelt ( work in progress ) I still haven't spent over $3000. It came with mean sounds and was reasonably unbutchered.