Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

Maddie - Road/Track E30

So ironically this is now a project again.

With rust needed to come out and race seat + harness to put in I thought I would keep everything together, and suddenly has turned from being a car to keep mucking about with to a project again :wacko:

So the showroom thread has been merged into this old one.

Got the new driveshaft all installed this morning and took it for a brief WOFless hoon round the block and I have no more vibration or funny noises from the driveline, so great success :D

Should find out on Thursday when it can be taken in to have the rust taken out.

In the mean time, with so much surface rust dotted around the car, all the sound deadening has been stripped out (roughly a 25kg saving) and will have carpet replaced once the sufficent repairs are made.

Cheers to Simon* for merging the topics for me.

Edited by Forrest

Guest Simon*

Cheers to Simon* for merging the topics for me.

I'll drink to that! :D

Good job Nath, keep it up mate

$350 ish to remove all the rust, will be done on the 7th of Jan = chur.

The dude reckons it was from a leak somewhere, I think otherwise, didn't help I noticed the rubber bung around the loom -> engine bay seal wasn't even attached :wacko:

Pulling the dash today to remove rest of sound deadening + check seals around heater hoses for leaks, the fun continues, this time next week I will find something else that needs fixing, join me again :rolleyes: same time, same shitty channel.

$350 ish to remove all the rust, will be done on the 7th of Jan = chur.

The dude reckons it was from a leak somewhere, I think otherwise, didn't help I noticed the rubber bung around the loom -> engine bay seal wasn't even attached :wacko:

Pulling the dash today to remove rest of sound deadening + check seals around heater hoses for leaks, the fun continues, this time next week I will find something else that needs fixing, join me again :rolleyes: same time, same shitty channel.

Yo Nathan

Sounds like you need a Mig welder and a spot tip, and maybe do some of the easy bits yourself to minimize the time at panel beaters.

I think I'm going to have a stab at some of my own panel work ( the simple bits not the complicated bits )

^ I have a mig welder, I have only mastered 'bird sh*t' welds haha. I think for now I will just leave it to the pro's.

Oh and if that post was confusing, the car is going in on the 7th and it is only in there for one day, so no time at all, if that was read wrong.

Edited by Forrest

So you are getting it done professionally? The price doesn't sound too bad... glhf

^ Yeap a local company round the corner from me called Just Rust, they did extensive work on a mates car and their pricing was very reasonable and quality workmanship, bloody nice guys too :)

^ Cheers guys. Well Kerry I am waiting on my nuts and bolts to arrive, so maybe Monday I can drive it again.

Sadly it won't get a warrant. Pulled the carpet up tonight and removed the sound deadening to find 4x the amount of holes I 'thought' I had. The ones in the firewall on both sides of the car worry me because that is all hard to remove/find the extent of. Bloody E30's haha. Semi tempted to rip all the sound deadening out now that I have started and throw the carpet back in, have to find a power to weight advantage some how :ph34r: eh Kerry ;)

Pictures of the cancer:

Passenger Floor

Posted Image

Passenger Firewall

Posted Image

Driver Firewall

Posted Image

Accelerator Pedal

Posted Image

Bugger. Oh well I guess what doesn't kill you/your car makes you stronger B)

hey just a quick question does the accelerator peddle just slide out to the left or right to remove as mines broken off just above the carpet, cheers shane

^ Cheers Oli. My phone still won't let me text you <_<

I am over having no carpet already :rolleyes: sort of going to go on the back burner for a few weeks till probably the end of Jan, need a holiday to the Coromandel to cure my ethirtydepression haha.

Dude I know what you mean. My e30 has been off the road since March.

Good times.

Update:

Dash is currently out. All the sound deadening minus the thin panels inside the doors is all gone. Removed all the air con including all the pipes, condensor etc. Must be atleast 50kg gone in total since I started removing stuff. Tidying up all the wiring and have started work on the basic rust I can fix myself. Sorted another set of 15' weaves for road wheels. Getting there! Once the rust is gone on the 7th it is just a matter of sticking it all back together and tidying up as I go.

looks good. i reckon smoke low beams and black all the outer rings aswell. i'm doing mine right now

Edited by flake

looks evil :0

Wouldn't want to see that in my rear-view mirror.

looks evil :0

Wouldn't want to see that in my rear-view mirror.

nate. wasn't i just telling you that an hour ago! its gonna look so intimidating to anyone you pull up behind

Cheers guys, a couple cut, polish and waxes and they are real shiny now. Give the car a total different look.

Little New Years Day Observed project for me.

$20 worth of brackets, nuts and bolts + a couple holes and bada boom bada bing I now have foglights in the Alpina front bumper.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Forrest

Them brackets and bolts 'gon rust them brackets are.

Looks mint dude.

Them brackets and bolts 'gon rust them brackets are.

Looks mint dude.

Thats the last thing he needs Lol.

Does zinc coated shiz rust?

Lol John. You guys would hate to see how much the front valance has been massacred to get the bumper to mount + now the fog lights to fit :unsure:

Have you seen how much my front valance was massacred just to fit the front mount?

Weight reduction Motherf*cker.