Sign in to follow this  
lidistick

Time for an upgrade

Have you seen this 530D? I bit leggy, but these go like cut cats and are frugal too. Very desirable in black and MSport

I did and considered it. 2 reasons why it didn't make the shortlist.

1) Not a touring.

2) RUC charges don't make it any cheaper than a 530i for the mileage I do yearly.

I do think its an awesome car and that was going to be definitely on the list if the touring doesn't work out :)

Sorry I've started nights so not particularly clued up right now.

Picked her up from Auckland. Very tidy interior. Outside small cosmetic bits but panels straight. Needs a full clean in the first instance and some pics.

Lovely to drive and more torque compare to 328i. Love the ZF box too. I must say that the noise on WOT is beautiful. Not too loud but snarly enough. Heaps of space but BMW is sh*t at making storage space. The entire centre console has hardly any space to store bits and the cupholders are useless.

I'm actually very pleased with the stock sound system. Its very good compared to the stock 328i. Its very crisp and the clarity is very very good. If you are a basshead, then yes.. its lacking down below but to be honest, I'm not so I'm probably gonna leave it as it is.

Other things to organise..... tires and alignment. BMW world tuner with Hotwire (Grant). Sat nav once the finances recover.

I managed 12.5km/l from Auckland (Grafton ramp exit) to Hamilton. Average speed was 92km/h, so no dilly-dallying. Have to say, quite economical then.

Brakes are spongy. Coming from the E36 with stainless brake hoses, I don't get the rock-solid feel I'm so used to. Nothing bad about the brakes.. just feel more squishy. Rotors are new, so maybe new hoses with a bleed and she'll be right.

Pics once I see straight :0

The cup holders on the e39 are well know for being next to useless. Do you have the lift up centre arm rest that does give you a little more space HAHA. Helps keep the car tidy with out all those nook's and cranny's. I thought that to about the brakes on mine but you put some feeling into pressing that pedal and they will haul you up dam quickly. What else have you found out about your new baby can we all see her some pictures would be nice.

Cheers Allan

+ they have a huge glove box! True on general storage though, lots of small useless pockets.

Can’t wait for pictures and specifications, the 530i M-Sport Touring looks the biz.

I've also found out it has a factory CAI so I'm not sure if I'll use the Simota carbon fibre CAI.

Tyres done today. Awesome deal at Hamilton Tyre and battery (Firestone dealer) for 4x RE001 at $209 each. Did the Golf as well so pricing was just that little bit sharper. :)

I love the memory seats, rain sensor and auto anti-glare mirrors. I'm not so hot on the IR remotes.

Anyway enough of me whinging.

post-1237-1254537414.jpg

post-1237-1254537451.jpg

post-1237-1254537440.jpg

post-1237-1254537432.jpg

post-1237-1254537401.jpg

post-1237-1254537457.jpg

Pity about the wood interior, but I have a plan ;)

Thats a seriously good looking car.

Whats the story with the Jap rear plate area, can they be removed?

The wood grain can be swapped out their are kits available but they do not come cheep, silver, brushed aluminum etc, is the gps up and running as well?. Looks very nice well done enjoy and have heaps of fun with it.

Cheers Allan

I have a plan already for the wood grain interior.

Sat Nav would be great but its slightly expensive right now so its on the back burner. :)

Does anyone know how to remove the Jap plate thing on the back? Yank and pull?

Cheers.

I have a plan already for the wood grain interior.

10 mins to remove and afternoon to lightly sand, primer and paint 10 mins to install job done :)

Sat Nav would be great but its slightly expensive right now so its on the back burner. :)

Always open to offers ;)

Does anyone know how to remove the Jap plate thing on the back? Yank and pull?

Its a BMW so there is no way its 'yank and pull' ! Have you tried going in from the back behind the tool kit ? Its actually plate 'system' you can buy different sized insets for different markets. God knows how much a NZ one would cost though.

Looking at realoem though tells me you remove the plate and there should be two screw to remove it....simple.

Edited by Penry

I did take off the plate and there are 2 rubber bits that I struggled to remove and failed. So I left it there. No other screws that I could see. I will remove the tool tray and see if I can access the back plate thing.

I'm not painting the wood grain interior. ;)

Cheers.

You need to remove those two rubber bits mate. They either keep the plate on themselves or there are screws under there.

very jealous. My next car will definitely be an estate.