Sign in to follow this  
Nobimmer

Don't you hate...

Straight line drivers - hoon along at 120ks+ on a straight bit of road, first sign of a bend....

....slam on the brakes and crawl round the curve, usually braking mid-corner as well :wacko:

Don't these people realise the curvy bits are where the fun is in driving <_< ??

Guest FrantiC

.....people that speed up when you try pass them....zzzzzzzz

I can admit I do this.. Just for giggles.

I could be here all day writing down this type of stuff...heaps of bad habits people have while driving that I hate.

I hate how EVERY TIME I go on the motorway by Upper Hutt (north Wellington for you out of towners), no matter what time of day or night, I always get stuck behind someone doing 70 to 80kph

It's a goddamn motorway, the only reason why you should be going that slow is because of heavy traffic or very poor weather conditions

It wouldn't bother me so much if it was just a once off occassion, but this is every time I go on the Upper Hutt motorway (otherwise known as River Road).

Also, the main road of Upper Hutt, everyone does 40kph tops ... seriously, if you can't handle driving at 50kph on a very wide and not particularly busy main road, then you should not be driving.

Well, what do you expect?

I am from "pukekohe", what are you trying to say?

being cut off while towing the racecar home TWICE!

Hmmm 2.5ton explorer + trailer + racecar = not stopping quickly...

Also people thinking that i'm going to be going slow as i'm towing something big. speeding up to pass me in the passing lane, then slowing down to slower than i was going before... grrr...

Also people thinking that i'm going to be going slow as i'm towing something big. speeding up to pass me in the passing lane, then slowing down to slower than i was going before... grrr...

That happens to people without trailers also. Used to get it all the time. Id overtake a bunch of cars then one would overtake me and slow down to 90...WTF!!!!

What annoys me probably the most while driving on the motorway is cars that go to pass a car in a slow lane but dont go any faster then what the slow car is doing. Therefore your stuck behind 2 cars blocking both lanes in the motorway and usually when it happens, they are both doing about 80.

Most ute / 4wd drivers piss me off. Most seem to sit in the passing lane, trying to pass a car or truck, and take up the whole lane trying to pass. Especially up the kaimais, zzzzzzzzzz waiting for a ute / 4wd trying to pass a truck. Just let me pass first, it will take like 5 seconds instead of everyone else having to wait until the top where your shitter ute finally makes it passed the truck.

People who dont indicate.

People who dont know the rules around round a bouts.

People who leave their rear fog lights on.

People who slow down well below the speed limit when they see a speed camera.

People who have a blown low beam, so just drive with their full beams on high beaming everyone.

Trucks / (other slow vehicles) that dont use the slow lane going down / up the kaimais.

Wankers who put diesel on the roads.

Guest FrantiC

Lol @ highbeam pricks. Hate when people do that.

I remember me and a mate were driving from Havelock down a 70km/h road here, and some git in his SUV had his high beams on so put mine on and started flickering them hardout. He then U -turned and followed for me for ages with high beams on right up my rear.... Then I did the ol slam the breaks thing, I could see him swearing and yelling out his window and he followed me right up my ass beeping his horn indicating for me to pull over... I eventually ran a red light because I didn't want to get a hiding ... True story.

haven't been full beamed for a while now, used to happen every night

I remember one time I was cruising at just over 100kph, some jerk was riding my bumper with his full beams on, so I stomped on the brakes and he had to swerve into the passing lane to avoid hitting me

yes that's right, the completely empty passing lane he could have used to overtake me rather than riding my bumper

anywho, this thread is so negative, someone needs to start a "don't you love ..." thread to bring some happiness to the forums lol

The 2007 hate thread

The 2006 Love thread

Ryan G - sometimes I actually don't mind the ute drivers taking up the passing lane. Often on the other side of the hill they're doing 110-120, it's just that the passing lanes are often on hills so it takes them longer to pass. If they didn't go straight away they'd never get a chance to pass the 80km/h vehicle and be stuck behind it for the next hour or so. You can go past on the next straight as you've got more grunt. It's when they do it and then slow down to 80kph themselves afterward that's a pain.

People who leave their rear fog lights on.

i hate people who indicate with the curves of a large roundabout, if you are going straight, you don't have to indicate until you exit the roundabout, not indicate right as you curve right then left as you exit! it just makes other people going straight in the other direction stop and give way to you who didn't need to. And if you ever point this out to people they are always like "no, they changed the rules, you have to indicate now"

You have a duty as a caring citizen, to swear, curse and use appropriate sign language at anyone in the right hand lane not passing on the motorway

i hate people who indicate with the curves of a large roundabout, if you are going straight, you don't have to indicate until you exit the roundabout,

I am pretty sure that by law you have to indicate as you enter a roundabout, even if you are going "straight", it is just that no-one actually does, and it would have to be a pretty anally retentive cop to pull you over for it.

Cheers

Grant

Guest FrantiC

I am pretty sure that by law you have to indicate as you enter a roundabout, even if you are going "straight", it is just that no-one actually does, and it would have to be a pretty anally retentive cop to pull you over for it.

Cheers

Grant

You don't indicate if going straight. You indicate left if going left, right if going right, or indicate left as you exit the round about.

indicating right and going straight causes way to much confusion and it doesn't state in the road code to indicate when going straight.

Cheers

Grant

Nope

Posted Image

Source

Edited by braeden.

Neither are all the idiots who do it wrong. This is one of my pet peeves. Strange what gets people uppity isn't it?

Or people that don't indicate and turn left (when you are giving way to them and waiting for them to go straight)

I hate sitting at traffic lights/intersections, with girl mates in the car, 7 times out of 10 some losers in a sack of sh*t will try to ask for a number or say some smart remark, pulled up beside us.

We usually wind up the windows. Or look away.

^^ You should be flattered.

I hate when crazy bro's in particular walk across the road stupidly slow and stare at you and give you the "I'm tough/I'm a wanker look". Really, even the craziest of bro's wouldn't weigh more than 150kgs. That is 1/10th of the weight of a car...

Who's tough now bitch.

Man I hate that, Was following someone today that was sitting at 80 in a 100 then at every overtaking lane they just suddenly decide they want to go 130. Grrr.