Sign in to follow this  
OLLIE

Sue "moron" Bradford Resigns

Is the Anti-Smacking law resigning too?

if only

Is the Anti-Smacking law resigning too?

No.. we'll still give you a smack when you need one

Regardless of what you think about her or the anti-smacking bill, as a parent I actually applaud her for her stance on it.

If it does nothing else its brought violence against children into the limelight and has had more people talking about it than ever before and that can only be a good thing.

Regardless of what you think about her or the anti-smacking bill, as a parent I actually applaud her for her stance on it.

If it does nothing else its brought violence against children into the limelight and has had more people talking about it than ever before and that can only be a good thing.

The law will never effect those that it was meant to protect... the people that Beat (not smack) their kids are still going to do it...

The law will never effect those that it was meant to protect... the people that Beat (not smack) their kids are still going to do it...

I dont believe the law was ever intended to stop those who 'beat' their children, it was more focused at those people who may be on the fringe and who may 'smack' their children on the odd occasion.

Its the people who may or may not do it who can be easily convinced with a discussion and thats what this has done.

Noone has been prosecuted under the law (as far as Im aware) and the police have been in the media on several occasions saying it wont be used unless really necessary.

The scaremongering has been brilliant in this country over it.

Maybe if lawyers and judges didn't think that using a baseball bat is reasonable force, then the whole anti-smacking debacle probably wouldn't have happened.

Good to see that the power hungry maggot has finally come out of the closet and admitted that power really was the only thing that mattered to her.

Now if only more of her ilk would get up and depart!

smacking children is good

i got smacked when i was a little sh*t, sure was effective in teaching me a lesson, and i love my parents and respect that they disciplined me, i'm a better person for it now.

pick any little d*ck head teenager with no respect, no manners, no discipline and i bet you their parents are nancy f**king retards who worship sue bradford and her moronic legislation. Smacking isn't the only way to teach a child discipline of course and it all depends on the child, BUT in some circumstances it is good.

the bit that really gets me is that as tax payers we paid for this bill to be implemented and then paid for a referendum which proved that 90% of us disagreed with it. How the hell that can happen boggles my mind. The whole thing should never have happened.

Now even after the referendum the law is not going to be changed, at least not for a long time. WTF? why has the government not been under fire for passing a bill that 90% of a supposedly democratic nation disagrees with.

all this I blame on underachieving life politicians like bradford who just want to make change, feel powerful and not really think it through.

The only positive thing we can take from it is that the public now realises that our government needs a kick up the arse.

rant rant ...

Tell us how you really feel!

You know the only thing that referendum told us was that only a 1/3 of the country cared enough about it to vote ha.

Edited by westy

The most vocal people Ive met on this bill are those without kids!! Not that their opinions arent important, of course.

Oh and its was 90% of the 50% that bothered to vote Ollie, thats along way from 90% of everyone.

Anyway, Im off to find something else to do.

Edited by Penry

Guest Simon*

She was a jumped-up, ugly, thick, hairy, political protestor and activist who didn't know what to do once she actually got elected and became part of the system so had to come up with that short sighted and dumb anti smacking bill. She's better off gone!

I agree with much of what you've said Ollie. I want the cane back at school too!

It was never going to stop people beating their kids to death, and all the round and round and bullshit just to push it back to "Police discretion" over whether assault charges are laid - that's exactly what we had before!

It's just fcuking wasteful

I never liked her, perhaps due to my right wing tendencies.

re: smacking - i got the cane @ school, it sure did keep me in line - there was also abuse imho - like a sadist's playground.

So I'm not sure which is the lesser of the evils - abuse at school or morons that barely function as part of society.

Interesting that such a self- confessed tunnel- vision activist got so far in the first place?

Maybe if lawyers and judges didn't think that using a baseball bat is reasonable force, then the whole anti-smacking debacle probably wouldn't have happened.

-Good call, there is more than one way to make a law

How to get a anti-smacking support really really really mad...

if they mention that smacking is abuse, mention that Time-out is segregation which is also mental torture.

What does she think shes going to do now? Even by politicians standards she is hopelessly incompetent, and im pretty sure she has never done a real days work in her entire life. She spent half her miserable political career trying to get more money for people on the dole, which is ironic, because that is where she should end up.

man i got smacked back in the days.. kept me inline and taught me bad things gonna happen if your a jack ass.. repercussion gonna come in the form of a smack, cane or belt on your ass.

<< stole candy from a shop when i was 6.. parents caught me... i got smacked hard (still can feel the sting of the belt on my ass cheek) never stole again....

i think its just those people who smack the living sh*t out of their children... can't handle their children, release stress true smackin em and so on...

hate the anti-smacking but sick of the "didn't do me no harm" point, which goes;

a)how strong/frequent your childhood beatings were

b)how you then became tough and disciplined

c)that is why you are so great today

hate the anti-smacking but sick of the "didn't do me no harm" point, which goes;

a)how strong/frequent your childhood beatings were

b)how you then became tough and disciplined

c)that is why you are so great today

good for you buddy

Don't worry everyone. I am sure her party will find another muppet to fill her place. They always do.

Jesus, everybody makes it sound like she was some kind of dictator and somehow forced every politician to vote in support of every piece of legislation she introduced.

How many political party's didn't support the Anti Smacking Law? One? And how many of you voted for that party? From memory it was Act. What did they poll at the last election? One point something percent.

Surely if you are going to be angry be angry at every politician who voted in favour and helped pass the legislation. That's about 98% of them. Chances are you and I elected them.