Sign in to follow this  
paulieboi

Visual customization

what is your personal opinion to make the difference between style,difference and overkill.

just a personal opinion i know everyone has something different just wondering whats out there.

asking because i have camo down the side of my bmw (i know that will automaticly draw alot of hating on me) but mine is just for difference something id never seen b4 and only vinyl so it can be taken off, not because it makes my car look any faster.

does this automaticly make me a young stupid boyracer with no taste and the likelyhood of driving erratically and in time killin myself and or others.........or that stereotype i should say.

even worse does it make me a ricer because i have a manual 96 318i.s with slightly lower springs,an exaust, camo, and a black bonnet......i can already feel the h8in, ill try upload a pic asap

Guest FrantiC

I personally don't like it.. Doesn't look right on an e36.

Can look good, depending on the car though.

is this it, "we reppin we rolling" lololololoolololol, its something different, atleast it doesn't have untasteful chromes, that makes any car overkill.

Posted Image

I personally don't like it.. Doesn't look right on an e36.

Can look good, depending on the car though.

yea thats what i thought on it and my camo in my opinion isint an eyesore although i know it does draw alot of attention, usually in a good way. but i was hoping it wasnt to ricafied because i do love the bmw shape and look.

and i had recently changed the camo as i used to have it as a wave design, but now (hard to xplain) is somewhat of a sunrise design and looks very original.

i just wondered what a general overview was, if i turned up to a meet would i get a whole lot of dirty looks from people hatin on me doing something different for the sakes of not just being a clone

Its your car man. Do it as you please.

Would look good going sideways at 150

All is says to me is that your decision making process is flawed ...

why spend time or money on something so pointless & nonsensical whilst reducing the value of the vehicle?

each to their own

so long as you reppin and rollin ... it's all good, right?

is this it, "we reppin we rolling" lololololoolololol, its something different, atleast it doesn't have untasteful chromes, that makes any car overkill.

Posted Image

thats what it used to be since been change, and yea thats me....quite funny in saying that because when i first got my car i didnt know of any specific bmw club that had something that this site is....inwhich there was a generalized community of very much bmw enthusiasts, and i wanted to make something in a club that did something similar to bimmerfest overseas.

now i am young yes and i did write that in a spear of the moment thing....and its sort of become a hatin ground for bimmersport lol, i have no qualms in that, im just trying to see if something can be done to make a nationwide strong club in which everyone does what they do on here...but put it onto the road.

not trying to stir anything i just didnt think bmwcc did that enough(dont want to start anything in saying that)

Edited by paulie

Guest FrantiC

If it didn't have the camo, It wouldn't be a bad car..

Reminds me off Nathans old e30 that he stacked..

Your car isn't a hatin' ground man, no one really cares. As Ollie said each to his own :)

Im curious that your car has become transitional between hunting gear and vehicle..... where did the thought of a camo wave come from? Seems very out of the blue thought- wise!

Seems very out of the blue thought- wise!

thank you (if it was meant as a nice comment)

i just thought of something that i had never seen before, i think a design in camo is distinctive and catches the eye without (as a full camo cover) can be much of an overkill.

just something i thought up and usually when i think it up ill do it, and if its different ill try and pull it off.

as to the h8in i was more regarding it to the small group of people with "NZ-BMW" stickers on there car with "we reppin' and rollin" on the bebo page which was just a quick fill in the gap of a small site of people doing what we do on here (because i didnt even know of this site) and then trying to have regualar actual club meets and try make a full nation unified club inwhich we could aim for such thing as a bimmerfest in nz....because i think that would be an awsome thing to have in NZ and i didnt know of any club willing to try for it.

Edited by paulie

I like it… In what environment would it camouflage though?

If it didn't have the camo, It wouldn't be a bad car..

Reminds me off Nathans old e30 that he stacked..

Posted Image

Yes boy.

Wouldnt't have been so badass if I had've plastered camo to it would it?

Posted Image

Yes boy.

Wouldnt't have been so badass if I had've plastered camo to it would it?

exactly i know what you mean lol i mean im stuck with a "that time of the month" red bmw i may aswell make a completly different aspect out of it.

ummmmmm as to camoflage maybe if there was a wall with pictures of red bmws wit hrandom camo behind it.......then it would fit in lol, but how many times would you see that in a life time, thats what made me want to do it. if you saw it youd know it was me?!?!?! lol

Personally i think 'camo' is a bit old (read:overdone), even the guys who started this lovely :rolleyes: theme don't bother anymore so what does that tell ya?

Why don't people spend their money on something a little more...............umm stylish?

For the $ something like that would cost to get cut and applied i could do some pretty cool air-brushing.

My 2c.

It's your car tho' mate.

I don’t know how many times but if you did you could park up next to it and shoot some sh*t unseen.

Good on ya, vinyl looks good, cheap mod that makes you stand out.. funny that Camouflage makes you stand out, kinda defeats the purpose now that I write that. Get some matching Camouflage attire, that’s would be sweet.

I don’t know how many times but if you did you could park up next to it and shoot some sh*t unseen.

Good on ya, vinyl looks good, cheap mod that makes you stand out.. funny that Camouflage makes you stand out, kinda defeats the purpose now that I write that. Get some matching Camouflage attire, that’s would be sweet.

hahaha go for an ali g camo suit aye?!?! lol yea its just something differnt and yes +1 on the cheap $20 for vinyl and i took the time to cut it out myself rather then gettin shop cut with 101 of the same camo spots and adds that bit of personal difference and spirit to it.

thank you.

would luv an airbrush tho....maybe on the e30 im getting a custom job on??

Yea, full Ali-G style cammo!! Good on ya, I would love to Sharpie style my Corolla and clear coat it, would get given sh*t but I think it looks fantastic.

Completely OT.. But , Bellicose. I love your sig! Blairs car draggin its butt makes me giggle a bit as well

Yea, full Ali-G style cammo!! Good on ya, I would love to Sharpie style my Corolla and clear coat it, would get given sh*t but I think it looks fantastic.

well yea im all for something different and i think the cars classy as is, so why not put your own touch on it so its not just another car in line, im looking at custom painting my e30 with a black bonnet roof boot and back, with and off white line down the side (following the line that the door handles are on) underneath it a custome changing color from deep green to a lighter green and through that do a black brown and off white camo, to go with my tanned lether interior.

completly different but my own design so my own bit of creativity on something to make it 1 of a kind.

and so might havta invest in a suit of that colour just incase i can get along to a meet from here or race day lol

Completely OT.. But , Bellicose. I love your sig! Blairs car draggin its butt makes me giggle a bit as well

And Lukes looking like a 4WD lol.

^ Wooaaah, musta had all the car hoes in the back then ;)

sorry for going off topic

Camo is meant for mazda bongo's back in 2000.

I think it looks tacky.

Your e36 would look much better without the stickers.

As you said, they're cheap vinyl stickers. So thats what they are. Cheap vinyl stickers on a perfectly staunch looking e36.

Camo stickers doesn't make you a boy racer. It makes you one of the sheep in the fail flock.

:)

Edited by MS BM

That car would look nice without the Camo.

Glad to see you don't have chromies though!..

But really, It's your car.