Sign in to follow this  
Shady

E30 318i Sedan (SHADY)

W16 veyron engine ?

There is one being parted out on trademe at the moment? Oh wait no my mistake, that was a spaceship.

B18c and converting to FWD?

F1 cars are detuned B18c's IIRC. They needed too, to make it fair on the other cars.

FWD e30! Bahahaha

go the V10 viper engine from the hennessy edition dodge ram, Supercharged Twin Turbo! ? ! ?

Someone has already mentioned a 316i engine conversion Glenn.

Im guessing a steam or hot aired powered engine of some sort.

Edited by Apex

Badass! The Fintstones style - The Ultimate Pushing Machine.

And we can always use an rubberband and winde it up :rolleyes:

One comment:-

Hahaha. :lol:

Guest FrantiC

Just overheard the word at BS head office is you tell or your banned mate.. So spill!

No engine at all...

Are you planning a system like either of these?

post-2618-1256684240.jpg

post-2618-1256684250.jpg

You could probably afford with the funds from selling a honda :lol:

As Grant has said, if you keep your project details a secret, people are gonna be disappointed as sometimes the hype is more for you than us.

Just some more work been done.

Added some factory E30 Foglights. All wiring was already in the car so just bolted them in, plugged up & put the buttons in the dash (wiring also already there). Just waiting for 2 relays and then test they work...

post-4588-1269745958.jpg

post-4588-1269745966.jpg

Just put my Sump Gaurd on.

post-4588-1269745974.jpg

post-4588-1269745982.jpg

Just need to talk to the engineer at work and see if he can make some custom brackets made of solid steel to bolt up to the bottom bolt here (both sides) to also fill the gaps (make it 100% strong) is pretty strong atm but always best to be extra safe. (Had to leave the gap otherwise it would be hard on the sump and that would defeat the purpose of having the sump gaurd.

post-4588-1269746004.jpg

post-4588-1269746011.jpg

And YES it is VERY LOW, about 60mm.

So thats the current additions so far. Will update when lights & sump gaurd are finished 100%. I'll probably get fussy and change the sump gaurd mountings...will see.

Edited by Shady

Nice work I guess, but... don't waste your time and money on doing anything else to the sump gaurd.

Any progress on your engine conversion?

the sumpguard will be fine if you bolt it right up where it is supposed to be,

mine sits about 10mm from the sump and its always been fine sitting at about 55mm,

even when i hit an island at around 30km a few weeks ago, just scrached the guardand didnt even put a dent in it, so there defenently strong enough

Edit: missed the part about it sitting on the sump, my bad

Edited by Matty104

the sumpguard will be fine if you bolt it right up where it is supposed to be,

mine sits about 10mm from the sump and its always been fine sitting at about 55mm,

even when i hit an island at around 30km a few weeks ago, just scrached the guardand didnt even put a dent in it, so there defenently strong enough

Edit: missed the part about it sitting on the sump, my bad

Yeah I dont WTF is up with that, but me & my mate couldnt sit it flat without it sitting on the sump...not good. so will just get a spacer block made to sit in the gap (where the bolt is missing both sides) and weld it on then bolt it on (sump wont be welded lol only the blocks)... my mate will do that just gotta get them made.

And, nothing done yet bout the conversion... still gotta save money (gotta sell my Honda first). Then I'll indulge more.

How are your mounts looking? shagged mounts would make the engine sit lower.

I'd like a sumpguard.

I like how you're changing your style Shady, no more of this silly silver paint business :P

Mounts look fine. Driverside was replaced brandnew not long ago. Passengerside doesnt seem due.

something is wrong with that sump guard, it looks backwards or off something else.

something is wrong with that sump guard, it looks backwards or off something else.

You can have a look when I come see you this week. But its off an E30, I had 2 identical, 1 each from to guys claiming to be off E30s (one a young guy & one a older guy off here) so probably an older PFL or something? But it fits, almost lol. Just cant make it sit flush with the side brackets <_<