Sign in to follow this  
pureboiracer

The Dirty 30

Is it just me or does it look waaay to low in the rear/high in the front?

Anyway dig the wheels!

Facelift = lower cut rear guards, the front rails are 100mm off the ground as it is.

I am considering putting my other springs in the front, will drop another 20mm or so

That 1st pic gives the high in front look a little probably because that wheel is unloaded due to speedbump. its only about 25 to 30mm above tyre on the flat

Edited by sydwayz e30

Looks sweet. Top effort.

Facelift = lower cut rear guards, the front rails are 100mm off the ground as it is.

I am considering putting my other springs in the front, will drop another 20mm or so

That 1st pic gives the high in front look a little probably because that wheel is unloaded due to speedbump. its only about 25 to 30mm above tyre on the flat

I notice you are at the mall.. kiss goodbye to getting to the top floor if you put your other springs in. mine was 90mm to the frame in the front (80 or so iirc to the sump) 80mm in the back, and i couldnt get to the top. or damn near anywhere to be honest. theres a point when practicality does eventually kick in haha

edit: this was without the MT2 btw. just standard body except a custom lip

Edited by ethrty320

I notice you are at the mall.. kiss goodbye to getting to the top floor if you put your other springs in. mine was 90mm to the frame in the front (80 or so iirc to the sump) 80mm in the back, and i couldnt get to the top. or damn near anywhere to be honest. theres a point when practicality does eventually kick in haha

Yeah there arent to many driveways i can get into without kissing the ashphalt with the exhaust, but i will trial it with the springs and see how it goes.

Interesting. My car is about 90mm ( +/- a bit ) off the ground and the only time I've actually managed to "beach" the damn thing was when it was packed with the bro's on a horrible curb leaving Tauriko petrol station. I've never had any troubles in carpark buildings etc.

Great looking car by the way. I'd personally lower it more in the front. Oh and it's just so damn shiny ;) Awesome.

Interesting. My car is about 90mm ( +/- a bit ) off the ground and the only time I've actually managed to "beach" the damn thing was when it was packed with the bro's on a horrible curb leaving Tauriko petrol station. I've never had any troubles in carpark buildings etc.

Great looking car by the way. I'd personally lower it more in the front. Oh and it's just so damn shiny ;) Awesome.

Yeah lowering the front growing on me. I had a quick look under the back and with 3/4 tank of gas, south african tank. I was about 20mm off the bumpstops lol. not sure if the springs are meant to go that low :s

yeah well i mean.. i COULD get to the top, but it just scraped the hell out of my exhaust. my cat is scratched to f**k haha

gave it its 1st clean in weeks the other day so thought some pics were called for.

post-1845-1272786915.jpg

post-1845-1272786929.jpg

post-1845-1272786946.jpg

post-1845-1272786972.jpg

Looks niiiceee... track it!! :mellow: You know you want to.... :unsure:

SUCH a sweet car! but honestly, the only thing it needs is more low in the front. Ten points dude

the front is 90mm already... i have some springs that are 20mm shorter than whats in it at the moment. they will be going in when i get a chance.... racecar is keeping me on my toes at the moment.

just fitted the adjustys...... FAAAARRRRRRJJJJJJ its low.... may have to lift it up a little as it scrapes on EVERYTHING...... looks good tho.

post-1845-1275543176.jpg

post-1845-1275543192.jpg

post-1845-1275543209.jpg

post-1845-1275543221.jpg

Several words of explanation come to mind; om nom nom and phap phap phap. Looks awesome dude!

Looks good, even out the rear wheel gap and you might not scrape everything

Or lower the front more! I scrape everything too, its fine :blink:

ok, its visually pleasing but completely impractical, the sump guard is a whole 35mm off the ground, it bottoms out just driving over man hole covers..... not good. going to have to get a slightly bigger tyre in the front and lift the front and rear a fraction. only 5mm or so but just enough so that i can drive it.

ok, its visually pleasing but completely impractical, the sump guard is a whole 35mm off the ground, it bottoms out just driving over man hole covers..... not good. going to have to get a slightly bigger tyre in the front and lift the front and rear a fraction. only 5mm or so but just enough so that i can drive it.

Boooo! You've got a sump guard, might aswell put it to good use.

im not too worried about scratching it... more concerned of the following police officer having to dodge sparks.

may have to stiffen it up with billies and some F.O sized springs so it doesnt travel so much.. will get the bigger tyres and go from there.

Edited by DRTE30

i thought they are adjusties? wind them up a bit? What tyres do you currently have and condition? if they are 45s could swap em for some 50s or 55s if you want depending on condition (currently have both sizes in stock)

MY MAN!!! i will text you now... yes they are adjusties.. i said i will have to wind them up.. but i dont want too.

Looks cool mate. Needs smaller tyres, more girth. and more poke :)