Sign in to follow this  
Creaver

Commodore drivers...bah!!

Dent Magician bro. Bad luck mate, is the B pillar ok?

Spotted you in Papakura the other night, your car is looking and sounding good man, tried chasing you but I couldn't run fast enough.

That really sucks. How did it happen? Everyone alright?

that sucks .

if no insurnace i think i might have a door in that colour still.

I hope I am not seeing bent sill at the rear of the drivers door....

I once had my Mazda Familia mated to a vn crummadore

Be grateful, if you'd hit the Commodore, he'd be dead. :D

Hope it can be fixed Ian!

Soo sorry to see that man. Hope you'll be able to get it back mint again without too much damage to the wallet.

Such a mint E34 :(

I have no idea how on earth the commy driver did this....

But, We were both parked parallel to eachother and turning right (2 lanes which turned right). I was in the right hand lane, he was in the left. I started taking off, and just after I had finished turning, he was fully sideways and T-boned me. My guess is he was trying to show off to a mate and got sideways then smacked into me. But the amount of angle he had when he hit me I have no idea how that was possible.

Everyone was sweet as. But as you could imagine I was not happy.

The other dude is insured and a claim has already been made, just need to take it to get assessed.

Yes DirtyDoogle, that is a bent sill, and we believe the B pillar is bent as well.

Will update you once I take it to the assessors.

:(

So sorry to hear that. Let us know how it goes. I hope its not too bad.

awwwwwwwww nooooo. quick get it out on the track one last time before they write it off and GO HARD!!!!!!!! smoke most of that tread off the tyres. :(

Guest Ari Gold

I have no idea how on earth the commy driver did this....

But, We were both parked parallel to eachother and turning right (2 lanes which turned right). I was in the right hand lane, he was in the left. I started taking off, and just after I had finished turning, he was fully sideways and T-boned me. My guess is he was trying to show off to a mate and got sideways then smacked into me. But the amount of angle he had when he hit me I have no idea how that was possible.

Everyone was sweet as. But as you could imagine I was not happy.

The other dude is insured and a claim has already been made, just need to take it to get assessed.

Yes DirtyDoogle, that is a bent sill, and we believe the B pillar is bent as well.

Will update you once I take it to the assessors.

:(

Hate to say it mate, that'll be written off. Gutted.

Probably right Ari, it's a write off to bad a 4.0l v8 one as well, doesn't take much for E39's to be written off as well just two of the 8 airbags going off and it's a gonner.

Edited by E39KiwiTouring

DAMN IT.

So lets say they write it off. What is usually the case in regards to getting the car back etc? With over 1k just spent on tyres and having travelled less than 1500km, 800 on wheel refurb, suspension and all the other nice little bits etc etc etc....obviously i'd prefer to sell separate than get ripped off by the insurance company

Talk to the insurance company ask them to repair it, if not ask for the car and X amount of dollars, but wrecking will be tedius as you know, just a bumber always happens when you spend money on them.

Sorry to hear that Ian, Hope it gets all sorted asap.

If they right it off you may be able to buy it back off the insurnace company.

I'm not entirely sure how things work, but a couple of years back my brother had his car crashed into, My brother wasn't insured but the other car was. My brother got paid out by the other party's insurance company and they came to collect his car to take away. He put his foot down because he had no insurance policy with them saying he had to hand over the car. He got to keep his car, got paid out what the value of the car was, pulled everything off the body and transferred it into another shell.

My question is.. do you have to lodge a claim with your insurance company? if you can be bothered with the hassle could you not try to do something similar? If I was in your situation I know I would be fighting hammer and claw to get my car back if it wasnt fixable. I would want all my running gear back for a transplant into another body.

Edited by melowpuf

I've spoken directly with HIS insurance company. I unfortunately (or fortunately??) recently ended my insurance policy due to a change in their pricing scheme and never got around to reinsuring.

OOooh.. Come round for a beer and a chinwag. Just heading to my brothers now will have a chat and find out the details of course of action he took. His g/f has just recently changed career out of insurance. She's a goldmine for this kind of stuff.

Ian, the way i understand it, as he has insurance but you don't then what can/will happen is they will either opt to fix or pay out. As it's not insured by them they can NOT write the car off.

So you may find you're in a win/win situation (apart from the fact some cock stuffed ya car), get it fixed = win, get payed out and keep the car = win.

A mate got crashed into by an old lady while driving his mazda gtr hatch, completely smashed the front in from the side. He had no insurance, but got paid out $4000 from the old ladys insurance company and got to keep his car too..

So he sold his mags and stuff on top of that and made quite alot out of it, car wasn't even worth $4000 either..

if its your policy covering the car and the wheels arent specifically covered in the insurance you can legally romove them and chuck some standards on there

if his insurance is covering it they should cover the market value you must leave everything in the car that is there when it is valued

so if you remove the wheels before it gets valued by an assesor you should be sweet

personally i would remove the wheels put some standard ones on there

they shoudlnt notice and if they do just tell them they werent your wheels you were just trying them on for a day to see what it looks like but didnt end up buying them

as far as buying it back most insurance companys will let you buy it back without going to auction you just have to go in and ask the case manager directly

most do this because the case manager can then avoid having to do more work as far as getting it towed organising storage and auctioning at turners

if its worth 6k for example i would go in and say you will take 5K if you can keep the car and negotiate from there (ask pretty please if they can leave it registered although it will go on reg papers that it was damaged) then either fix it sell it or turn it into a race car

Guys, just stop to have a think about what your posting eh.

Im sure insurance assessors have seen 'swapped' wheels etc a million times when assessing a car and it could be detrimental to any claim if Ian is seen to be trying to put one over on them.