Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

New Laws in place as of today

The missus best be careful next time she blats off a sales rep in a SV6 at the lights!

They're gettign a bit too wanky for their own good really, fair enough with trying to crack down on the dangerous sh*t but they will just get all big headed and start nailing people with even remotely nice looking cars for creeping over 2500rpm. I spose it will be good for the race track owners though, more people keeping it on the track rather than the roads (good fun too)

I'm all for tougher laws on the dicks that rip up and down our area and do burnouts late at night around the neighbourhood.

Are any of these laws subject to going through the courts ?

Is there any contingency for someone who gets done by some pissed off cop when infact they have just probably done a skid out of a car park because they might have been just a little too heavy on the foot (none boy racer / cruising) incedent. Or is just for hard core re-offenders?

They won’t crush sh*t, it’s like the smacking laws, it’s there to make people think twice.

I wonder what they will crush first, they will be out to crush at least one car to hype things up and appease the public.

$10 says it’s a Mazda Familiar.

Once, twice, three times a flat car.

They've been crushing the cars for years in the UK. For no Rego & No insurance. I'm glad theyre stopping with the soft cock approach here. Will make people think twice (maybe) Please be a good boy just doesnt cut the mustard anymore

They've been crushing the cars for years in the UK. For no Rego & No insurance. I'm glad theyre stopping with the soft cock approach here. Will make people think twice (maybe) Please be a good boy just doesnt cut the mustard anymore

Agreed

We have one of the most lenient soft cock systems in the world, we also have the second highest crime rate per captor, I guaranty I could go rob a house tonight get caught and rob another house tomorrow night.

Let’s see how many cars they actually crush.

Haha Graham, anythings possible in Papakura. Hell our Police station isnt open night/weekends.

Haha Graham, anythings possible in Papakura. Hell our Police station isnt open night/weekends.

lol awesome, and very true.

I have special security Andy... I have this old fellow that guards our Ikm driveway with an automatic 8mm Magnum rifle. He only works for us 4 days & nights a week & staggers his shifts. So for da fellas... you choose which day/night

Edited by *Glenn*

I can't wait until they crack down on the real idiots, but I'm concerned it'll be abused. Last night I was approached by some young guys looking to join the 4x4 club. When I asked why they had decided to join they looked a bit sheepish and admitted they'd been "forced" to by the local cop.

There's some earthworks happening on some Council reserve land just out of town. Apparently (their story) they'd decided to go drive their 4x4's up some of the piles of dirt, and get their trucks muddy in a bit of a puddle. The earthworks contractors might have been unimpressed the next day, but harmless really. Well the cops saw them, impounded their cars and took them back to the station under the boy racer laws for "sustained loss of traction". No sh*t - you tend to spin your wheels 4-wheeling in mud.

So, under threat of going to court, the cops have agreed to drop the charges if they all join the local 4x4 club. Now chances are that the charges wouldn't stand up in court anyway, but the cops are using the law to scare these kids straight.

On the one hand, that's great as they seem like good kids who'll really benefit from joining the club (we have quite a few young members already), and they'll think twice before messing up someone elses land next time. On the other hand, the cops in my view were abusing the law.

I think the outcome was right, but the tactics a bit underhanded. Maybe a sign of abuse to come under the new laws???

My 2c.

does the end justify the means?

in your case I think yes, but not every case is the same and I think there is potential for the cop's to abuse their power

More of a reason not to own a Cefiro, Laurel, Integra, Silvia, Skyline, or any Rotary. :)

More of a reason not to own a Cefiro, Laurel, Integra, Silvia, Skyline, or any Rotary. :)

Would you like to justify your statement?

I'm guessing because they're popular boyracer cars which would make them cop magnets

dont judge.... its how the idiots are driving, not what they are driving... yes they can own one of them but they can still drive the responsibly.

dont judge.... its how the idiots are driving, not what they are driving... yes they can own one of them but they can still drive the responsibly.

I think both mine and blairs cars could be seen as 'boy racer' cars, so does that make us 'boy racers'

pffft.

No one is accusing anyone of anything.

Just saying the cars I stated are the typical cars you'd expect to see at illegal drag races.

It's just an opinion/half joking. Geez.