Sign in to follow this  
Italiano_87

Would like advice for my e30

After my car gets converted to manual how much you think i could sell my car or.... what else i could do to my car to increase the value of my car apart from a bodykit that im already planning on getting??

post-5022-1259781701.jpg

Modify car will NOT increase the value of the car... you will 99% of the time spend more money then you could hope to get back on the car...

What do you want to do the the car?

Modify car will NOT increase the value of the car... you will 99% of the time spend more money then you could hope to get back on the car...

What do you want to do the the car?

Well apart from a m3 full bodykit i want to upgrade the rims to 18s.. not sure of what brand tho.. new crystal lights right round including angel head lights... new seats.. was thinking of making the dash and door cards all fibreglass.. bag it.. i dnt know thats all i got so far

i think it will look good... depending on which clear lights you get, there are some really tacky ones out there...

but ya you will not get any money back on the car... don't think i've spent 5grand on mods the car is now worth 3 or 4 grand more...

Hey guys,

It's his car - let him do what he wants...

Only soo many tech2 on weaves the world can handle...

What everyone else said dude... modified cars never get their value back- by the time you factor in buying the car, the parts and labour (plus HP interest if it's in finance) the resale won't recoup your costs.

And then the quality of the mods- parts and installation- must be kosher, otherwise the owner's wasted their money. There are also the buyer's tastes to consider, as once it's modified, it limits to market to a very select few, most of which don't have the cash to pay you, and worse still, will probably try to put trades (Hondas!) plus cash your way.

If you are planning on selling it, get it on the road, driveable, and then sell it; keep the mod money for your next car. Oh, and sell the chromes- they divide buyers REAL quick! lol

Edited by Sick Puppy

Sell it and get an E36 :P

listen to him, he speaks wisely :)

That poor e30 doesn't deserve it. Don't doooo it!

I'm gonna go have a cry now.

edit. I do have respect for other peoples cars and their choice of what to do to them.

But. This has just gone too far. Painting your car that colour is like hurling a mouthful of abuse at your grandmother.

Edited by MS BM

Hey guys,

Hey guys,

Not that many E30’s with Genuine Tech-II body kits and BBS Basket Weaves around here bo! Show me some BSers with that combo puggles :P

ok ok i wont paint it tht color.. but i can do alot of mods to it myself with out spending money getting other ppl to do it... saves a whole lot of cash tht way... am planning on getting rid of the chromes to by the way.. and yes i do want a e36 at some stage... but when i sell it how much do uz think i could get for it?

post-5022-1259791947.jpg

Not that many E30’s with Genuine Tech-II body kits and BBS Basket Weaves around here bo! Show me some BSers with that combo puggles :P

Ohhh.... genuine kits.... hmmmm i guess thats why there are so many knock-offs....

About this much ->||<- better than the chromes.

It's your car mate, do what you like. Don't be afraid to be different. but the truth of the matter is, that a mint manual e30 320i is only worth a few grand, so anything else is likely to only be worth a couple of thousand. Unless its something special, like a race car.

has a point.

$3-$4,000 dependant on actual condition

+1

Slammed on something 16x9+ or 17x9+ would be the best investment you could make tbh.

What about genuine ripped factory seats?

d*ck :P

Find a matching fabric from a non worn back seat at a wrecker, strip it and have the ripped patches recovered with the matching fabric..well that’s what I did.