Sign in to follow this  
charles28

BMW 325i turbo E30

I just saw that, was going to make a thread about it too.

I just saw that, was going to make a thread about it too.

Great minds think alike and so do ours lol

It's not certed either, price does reflect that I think.

I like it, just don't like the exterior. So want to do something like that with an M20 though.

I am completely unimpressed by it. I would have expected something with a lot more power.

Be still, my beating heart, a whopping 140 - 150kw at the wheels....

I think it really needs a new ECU, then it's potential could be untapped. alllthough a non-turbo M20B25 gets around 100kW ATW so 50kW gain isn't too bad then I suppose.

think of the torque :D

Abit optimistic with that 150rwkw figure. Esp with that turbo, Un-tuned and running on a standard ECU..

Some guys have managed to get it going right though, using standard ECU's and rrfpr. 8psi is about as high as you would wanna go though.

I'm sure that car used to belong to a member way back who actually did the turbo. if so it was actually running LEM. I cant think why someone would remove it, so its probably still there along withe bigger injectors and fuel reg. Car has probably been through a few hands since the guy who built it so people wont be exactly sure on what they have

Needs some work but has potencial, not my cup of tea though

3.5mm custom gasket.. Wouldn't that make it completely dead gutless until the turbo kicks in?

Yep. Must have a very low comp ratio with head gasket that thick.

Not really. I ran a 0.120" thick headgasket which is 3mm thick. Dropped CR in my 2.7 from 9.5:1 to 8.8:1. Didn't even notice a difference in power when not in boost..

3.5mm is the 0.140" headgasket. Can't remember what the stock 2.5i CR is but it's more than 9.5:1 i think, So it would only drop to 8.5:1ish or something.

Edited by e30ftw

AFM on the pressure side and stock intake boot - can't imagine how well that works. Intake boot should blow up like a balloon with very little boost, and AFM not designed to read airflow when it's under pressure (ie denser than atmosphere).

I'd be interested to see how they got it running, and what sort of ecu it has.

Same here on what ECU is being used... Just noticed that AFM position too.. Should be put before the turbo so the flap still reacts to air being sucked though and not blown straight through it. I've heard of the stock boot handling up to 10psi but i wouldn't trust it.

AFM on the pressure side and stock intake boot - can't imagine how well that works. Intake boot should blow up like a balloon with very little boost, and AFM not designed to read airflow when it's under pressure (ie denser than atmosphere).

Thats what I said about it when the owner was showing it off in here a while ago (if its the same car). Not a good set up to work properly at all

Edited by *Glenn*