Sign in to follow this  
bmw325i

E36 Rat Style

Saw you in Pauanui on New Years Eve while with the rest of the bimmersport boys, I must say you have pulled it off well.

Edited by Matty104

Poster 1 I like your enthusiasim and trying something different, I just think that a kiwi E36 328i is just to damn modern to give the rust look, unless of coarse you do the whole car like the E28 second or third post.

Good to see you have the gumption to make your ride your own.

I love how this car is so f**kin cool. AND it gets driven.. Probably one of the most spotted cars on the forum.. I vote this gets best non-m E36 on the forum..

I love how this car is so f**kin cool. AND it gets driven.. Probably one of the most spotted cars on the forum.. I vote this gets best non-m E36 on the forum..

non-m? lol

Guest Simon*

Over the holidays I leafed through a UK BMW mag and they had a spread on an E36 painted olive drab with rusted bonnet, black and white checkered wingmirrors, racks, BBS RS (IIRC) on stretched rubber, etc - is that what you're using for inspiration? ;)

no its not, i wouldn't minding doing a similar thing but not to this car. would get a cheaper rougher sedan and do something along those lines.

I actually flicked through the performance bmw mag at mag nation last week though and brought it so i could have a read of the article. interesting story behind it too.

my inspiration is purely what i felt like doing to it. im looking at different examples though, mainly bmw and vw for different ideas and ill probably do the checkered mirrors after seeing them on that nato green one. and just a few other little bits and pieces as i see things i like etc. that one off the magazine is also on a forum. pics are below. have added one of a sedan thats been done too

post-2520-1262986309.jpg

post-2520-1262986327.jpg

post-2520-1262986336.jpg

If its straight Rat, you have to lay that frame.

Saw an EK in town layed on the road. No rat or anything, just dumped. It looked hella good.

Oh man so cool hahah, looks awesome!

I know the feeling of getting tired of mintness, you either make it minter or opposite, you did well !

^^

I like that sedan. the replacement foglight is a cool touch