Sign in to follow this  
bmw325i

E36 Rat Style

Would look better with random bits of trim and sh*t missing.

^^^This

new year will bring it lower all round with probably a set of mega lows if i cant pik up the balls to fork out on adjusties, and have a few ideas in mind for some nice 16" BBS's but wont say too much there.

Will paint the insert a random colour too and will be adding checkers to the wing mirrors.

More rust for sure but as it takes time we will just have to be patient there :)

Dont want to paint roof racks black as much as id love them to be black, theyre possibly a bit too modern looking too but never the less theyre good for work and are orig BMW items so dont want to f*** with them too much in terms of paint :P.

cheers for all the comments guys, keep an eye on here - IM NOT FINSIHED YET :D:D:D

Some photos I snapped today.

Even a bit of interior/exterior colour flow going on haha

post-2520-1261809634.jpg

post-2520-1261809641.jpg

needs to be slammed on dish to finish it off

I'm holding judgement until it's progressed a little further. Might pull it off.

BTW it's Rust Rod, not Rat Rod. Well at least that's my opinion.

no no its neither. its rat style with a rusty bonnet. originated from old skool rat rods.

Yeah I know alot about the rat rods and their history thanks to hours watching rodding shows and dvd's. I just thought that the tuners had coined their own term. Anywho, I had to laugh at this:

Posted Image

haha i hate hondas but thats what they should have come out of the factory looking like

Yeah I know alot about the rat rods and their history thanks to hours watching rodding shows and dvd's. I just thought that the tuners had coined their own term. Anywho, I had to laugh at this:

Posted Image

Why?

It's the same as he's trying to do to his E36.

Some people :rolleyes:

No I laughed because the guy has a car bra on his rusty bonnet.

No I laughed because the guy has a car bra on his rusty bonnet.

Oh ok i missed the irony lol.

Doesn't want to chip his rust maybe?

Saw you driving towards Whitianga just past the Hahei/hot water beach turnoff a couple of days ago. Car looked bad ass. All my mates who aren't into car's agreed whole heartedly too.

Looks good man!! As others have said would look mint with the front lowered a little more backs sweet just space the rear wheels a bit more

looks prity buzzi, i think you will need to carry the rust allover the car. or matt colour the whole car and go from there. just dont think the rusty and gloss paint goes very well?

looks prity buzzi, i think you will need to carry the rust allover the car. or matt colour the whole car and go from there. just dont think the rusty and gloss paint goes very well?

now you mention it that would look good with this style

Hurry up and rust that bonnet... I think it's going to look amzing with the green!

I am not a fan of the whole roof rack though to be honest.

The green and rust looks nice. And right. Ladder looks a tad...uhhhhm... :huh:

Looks fab, can't wait to see it at a meet.

Who else spotted the Pontiac Firebird in the garage?

Like i said the ladder isnt exactly part of the style, its for work. Ive got a luggage carrier rack that goes on the roof racks though and will make that part of the look when i can be bothered.

Bonnet is pretty much completely rusted now so will get it sealed sometime soon.

Even the cops seem to have a bar of it which suprised me lol good thing though I guess.