Sign in to follow this  
NA325i

E30 heater system

does anyone know if the e30 heater system is just crap and will only ever give tepered heatage, or is mine just bung? if so what is the remedy?

engine might be running too cold? I have always found mine to give a good heat

Has the engine been removed recently? The pipes that go to the heater core may have been put together the wrong way around.

mine works way better than the one in the E36 - what the hell are you using the heater in summer anyways? :rolleyes:

Yep, with everything working correctly - the system is very efficient. You must have a problem.

As above - engine temperature. Pipe connections shouldn't matter as water will still flow through heater core regardless.

Also may have faulty heater valve.

engine might be running too cold? I have always found mine to give a good heat

this was the reason why the heater in my e36 was rubbish

thermostat wasn't working properly, so engine wasn't heating up properly

now it's mint as, the engine warms up nice and quick and I stay toasty warm in the winter :)

i havent had a lot of cars bu the heater in the e34 is the heater from hell.....it warms up very quickly cos of the aux water pump and if you want it can REALLY crank up the heat....sometimes it decided to on its own!

The heater I pulled out of Alice (E30) would almost burn ya feet!

Antil33t had this problem just last week and I told him change his firewall pipes around and it fixed it. (He had just swapped in the m20b25).

Do as he sais.

It's a reallly easy mistake to make.

thanks 4 the help guys. the cluth cable went on the way home today so ill get it all checked at the same time.

They are hydraulic. There are no clutch cables with e30's. Probably blew the slave cylinder seal?

Pipe connections shouldn't matter as water will still flow through heater core regardless.

I dont know why, and Id love to find out why, but it does make a difference.

My guess is that one pipe comes out of the back of the head (hot obviously), and the other comes from a longer pipe from the thermostat housing / expansion bottle.. My guess is that the water has probably just come from the radiator or something, where as it should pass through directly from the back of the head, through the core etc that way.

My heater is all good. Once engine is warm, it definitely warms the car up if you turn it on. Even on "1" you can feel it but on 4 (or is it 5?) you aint gonna complain.

yeah it wasnt the non existant cable haha. it was the rod in the master cylinder. anyone know of that breaking before?