Sign in to follow this  
Mash

Bmw e30 needs upgradesssss

Today i just picked up a bmw e30. One that has been talked about alot last year or so i have been a member.

It is a touring and does have air ride suspension.

Brought it to day, with a few maintenance needed on the car. (car was towed to my friends house in karaka)

To do now, where do i go to bring this beast alive, from the dead.

From what we see it is, either transmission is bust, or the diff is stuffed from the air suspension.

Turning the car on it revs gas comes out all sounding perfect, just does not what to move. ( how much you think ill be in for $)

From now the car has had new everything for the air suspension, and re-cert.

Few maintenance needed around exterior of the car. New front guards in white... or what have you got, front spoiler really after a zender, but have to get car going first.

And then some 16x8 or 16x9 to finish it off.

Matt

Edited by Mash

I think you need to change out the tail lights, chrome grill and big chromes.. I reckon the air bag setup is alright, Just the mods done to the car made it look like rice...

Edited by e30ftw

Thank you for saving that poor E30 Touring. haha, I hope your going to rip it the ugly chrome off it :)

Saw it in person last week. eww. probbably is the diff, he was dropping the back end and side to side etc as he was driving (followed him for a bit) which is actually illegal

Yeah i will do so, once i get it going.

looking for some nice 16x8 or 16x9 with a nice stance, and black tail lights and zender front.

Grill will be black

Yeah i will do so, once i get it going.

looking for some nice 16x8 or 16x9 with a nice stance, and black tail lights and zender front.

Grill will be black

ive got some blact tail lights if your interested

post-4759-1264262604.jpg

how much? are the done with tint spray? or is the plastic black?

Matt

how much? are the done with tint spray? or is the plastic black?

Matt

there aftermarket smoked lamps that had a little fading so re-smoked them with tint spray.$80, they sell for $299 on trade me

there aftermarket smoked lamps that had a little fading so re-smoked them with tint spray.$80, they sell for $299 on trade me

Holy hell those are dark as lol

LOL, good luck with those tails, took me a week to get a pink sticker for tails that weren't as dark as that.

The ones off Tradme apparently have some kind of "markings" that make them legal though, I asked the guy a while ago ... but they are pretty pricey.

Holy hell those are dark as lol

yea i did say black haha.

they are e-marked

Edited by kerry

yea i did say black haha.

they are e-marked

They will be sweet.

But can anyone help? Want to find out the problem before i get it towed to be fixed

could be interested in buying the bag setup if you plan to remove it.

Nah man thats there to stay, not so hard on the speed bumps and drive ways.

when you put it in drive does your drive shaft turn ? if not i would say the gear box is at fault, if it does turn i would be looking at the diff.

when you put it in drive does your drive shaft turn ? if not i would say the gear box is at fault, if it does turn i would be looking at the diff.

one thing i did notice, i can still reverse...

one thing i did notice, i can still reverse...

I would assume that if you can still reverse, then the rest of the drivetrain is fine and its the forward gears that are stuffed

I would assume that if you can still reverse, then the rest of the drivetrain is fine and its the forward gears that are stuffed

okay getting some were... how much am I in for, to get gearbox replaced?

Depends how you go about it.

You can get another autobox for a couple hundred. DIY the swap with a few extra hands if you have the tools.

Or consider a manual conversion, can run around $900 now I think? then DIY that with a few mates too.

Edited by e30ftw

Depends how you go about it.

You can get another autobox for a couple hundred. DIY the swap with a few extra hands if you have the tools.

Or consider a manual conversion, can run around $900 now I think? then DIY that with a few mates too.

DIY wouldn't know were to start haha.

Anybody out there wanting to help and ill pay labour and also to chek what the problem is?

LOL, good luck with those tails, took me a week to get a pink sticker for tails that weren't as dark as that.

The ones off Tradme apparently have some kind of "markings" that make them legal though, I asked the guy a while ago ... but they are pretty pricey.

Unlucky! ive had dark tails for around a year now with no hassels..

DIY wouldn't know were to start haha.

Anybody out there wanting to help and ill pay labour and also to chek what the problem is?

Give us a call. ph. 0212435526

Regards Ray

could be the shifter? happens on mercs quite offten i think