Eddie

My 1971 2002 Build

the left

Posted Image

I Like

Posted Image

very nice work you have done. i like it i love the steering wheel :D

very nice work you have done. i like it i love the steering wheel :D

Its pretty big to drive with. It was ok with the steering box but now with the power steering it could be alot smaller

Brillant Thread.

You make everything seem so simple! Congrats on finishing it mate, I hope you are happy with your finished result!

I sure as hell would be!

Looks fantastic - I like how cleanly the e36 interior has gone in.

I priced a VDO and was quoted $320 :o

Yeah, I got them out of the USA so it was much cheaper but still ~$300 for speedo and tach and something else I can't remember. I'd rather have got smart with an e30 speedo, given I'll probably end up with an E30 diff...

Edited by CamB

Update-

Mega Squirt not going so well :(

The unit is a MSI v2.2 and has a extra board for the VR sensor. It would seem that VR sensor and the conditioner are not happy with each other.

Edited by rot62

sequential ignition? sorry I don't know what you mean.

sequential as in individual coils. You could just run wasted spark and only need a functioning crank position sensor for the MS.

Its just running wasted spark.

The Mega Squirt is out and running, but still go problems with the vr conditioner. engine won't rev pass about 2800

Edited by rot62

I have now got the engine running pretty good, but still have a problem with the vr conditioner, The input of conditioner into the mega squirt goes to sh*t just after 6000 rpm.

Success at last :) rev limited at 7000 now. Car whet back on the dyno today. Got to 108kw at the wheels@ 6500. Its not big power but Bmw quotes 100kw at the flywheel @ 6000 and all I did was bolt on some side drafts.

I forgot to take the video camera, so no vid

I'm going to a hillclimb next weekend, I won't forget the camera for that.

Edited by rot62

That's pretty sweet considering m20b25s in E30s struggle to touch 100rwkw with 2 more cylinders and 700 more cc.

Edited by tastic

A bit of an age gap between the engines, Plus I can't rule out different dyno's or tho we are using the same dyno that gave as 78kw on the old m10 with the same carbs

A bit of an age gap between the engines, Plus I can't rule out different dyno's or tho we are using the same dyno that gave as 78kw on the old m10 with the same carbs

Cool dry air ? I wouldnt think it bought that much HP difference with carbs and tune however ... ?

Cool dry air ? I wouldnt think it bought that much HP difference with carbs and tune however ... ?

I was just hoping I didn't go backwards from the m10

Reading about the M44 lots of comments are made about the inlet manifold and how restrictive it is, and really its probably only about 15-17% gain

Edited by rot62

Car has carpet now, also mounted a fire extinguisher for the hill climb this weekend

Posted Image

Magnificent result to a major build. Great craftsmenship with all the fabrication taken on.

End result - Awesome :) Hope you are happy with:-)

Guest Simon*

I agree, fantastic work. Well done mate!

Hope she does you proud in the hillclimb :)

Awesome .. love it! .. and the interior looks very tastefully done. hang onto that steering wheel for the hill climb. flat leathers not so fun to slide around on.

truely awesome!