Sign in to follow this  
allan

A little bad behaviour

michael knight , sweet name . must have the rich parents syndrome if you ask me but i would say most youth are reasonably good .

Totalling a stolen car and stealing guns is very isolated, although stealing stuff at a party isnt. My mate had 1k worth of sneakers stolen at his party on friday.

read that yesterday at yahoo news...

too much parental love .. not much disciplining lol... but the defence is so weak.... because he has a mental illness....

hey

it more common than everyone thinks ..... but not to the extent off this case .... sounded like this guy was on a mission to kill himself and someone else..

p.s the worst decision of all that was he stepped into the Audi .....

Edited by M3NTIL

p.s the worst dissuasion of all that was he stepped into the Audi .....

Maybe thats why he wrote it off lol

I never even heard about this happening in the first place.

But it travelled 250m from the initial impact. Whaaaaaaaaat?! Thats 1/4 a KM..

his punishment so wimpy !!.. want a hot cup of tea with that???

he should at least pay off the damages he caused.. even if it takes him most of his life... even if he was drunk: his actions, his responsibility.

i bet that car was a rs6... :D

Edited by Docile

Is this common for the youth of today or just an isolated case?

Yeah, that's a pretty average weekend for me and my mates. Get shitfaced, steal a late model German performance car and a bunch of firearms, commit grand theft auto, then crash at 250km/h.

No. This isn't the norm. As a (fairly) responsible teenager, I'm getting really sick and tired of the "Teenagers drink too much, commit too many crimes and behave and drive badly." attitude. Sure, there are some complete tools amongst my age group who should be shot for the stupid things they do, but don't write all of us off as irresponsible respect-less idiots.

The media is so good at sensationalising. When these "teenagers behaving badly" stories come up once or twice a week people start thinking that every teenager is out there doing this kind of crap on a daily basis.

Don't tell me things have changed either, because I know for a fact older generations took their fair share of risks way back when too.

In fact you are lucky to be a teenager now a days cell phones for 1, not waiting for your sister to get off the phone and being able to en-masse a gathering at 1.00am which was just not do-able in my day, plus the cars, hell the best I had was a 1600cc Avenger alpine, plus the internet we were way my primitive and everyone knew everyone, no party pills or ecstacy (SP) just valium and weed was about it and acid, but it must be harder now way more temptations.

Faster cars, more drugs, more people, better communication devices, and more peer pressure, bugger that.

Like every generation there is always someone in every bunch.

Edited by E39KiwiTouring

To Kingkarl

Did not mean to offend or upset you or any one in any way, just asking a question and hoping that it was an isolated case. Cheers Allan

Nanny state.

Longer jail time. Pay the majority of costs. Age is no excuse, I'm 17 and to be honest I've never had the urge to get so sh*taced that I want to steel thousands of dollars worth of property, 2 shotguns and an Audi.

Maybe if he has a mental disorder that can lead to this it could have been a good idea to not let him drink alcohol in the first place? I mean isn't that the trigger of all this?

Btw Karl, I agree. I'm sick of it too but I don't really care anymore. People can think whatever they like about the stereotype of teenagers and I guess the different groups around the place prove that stereotype right or wrong. You have to bear in mind for every group of teens out on the street racing, stealing, getting soo drunk that they get violent there's going to be 3 or 4 groups who are hanging out as friends and don't need to do all those things to feel awesome and special. The 'awesome badass' people who crash their cars cause they're commiting DUI are the ones who get all the airtime and fuel the stereotype. I don't really care, its not me! haha

Edited by Nick021

Ya it was a new RS6 wagon. He was lucky to walk away from it the car was a mess

2 things:

1 pity it was an Audi, if only it was his mates Cef on cutties it would have imploded around him at that speed and killed him. there goes my tax. Thanks Audi haha

2 how the hell do you get a car to 250kmh while THAT drunk anyway??

To Kingkarl

Did not mean to offend or upset you or any one in any way, just asking a question and hoping that it was an isolated case. Cheers Allan

No offence taken. My rant was an avenue to channel my frustration at the media. I also apologise if it seemed as though it was directed at you.

Agree with most comments above. Common for youth to steal from parties, but to break in and steal from a friend or family is just pure disrespectful rat sh*t.

Agree with most comments above. Common for youth to steal from parties, but to break in and steal from a friend or family is just pure disrespectful rat sh*t.

Not saying that your second statement isnt though! my mate had so much stuff stolen at her 18th and noone knows who it was, and it was all close mates there :S

Agreed with Nick and Karl,

I think its highly unfair to say that this is what happens now days to teenagers (by the media not by any of you). Yes sure there are the odd people that do that kinda sh*t, but most of the teenagers brought up now days that have had a fair amount of discipline and not rich parents will know clearly right from wrong drunk or not.

My friend only recently was coming back from Omaha on his restricted licence with a passenger and at 150 km/hr in HIS Audi A4 1.8T Station Wagon 2005 and hes my age 17 but he was 16 at the time. He crashed it and wrote it off, lost his licence for a month and 85 demerit points his parents were ok about, bought him a newer Audi bigger engine and 3 days after he got his licence back he went driving with a bunch of passenger..drunk and got pulled over by the police he has lost his licence for 3 months and waiting for his court apperance for drunk driving.

I told him not to do it again, but some people just never listen hopefully after I return this year from my year overseas he will have matured a little.

Wish he was killed in the crash. Really.

I probably kill myself too for turning out a kid like this.

Michael Knight ah. Must have hit the turbo boost and tried to jump the barrier. But then realised he was not Driving Kitt.

"After attending a party in Havelock North, Kight entered a friend's house on Iona Rd about 1am. He searched the property and stole sunglasses, designer watches, jewellery, laptop computers, cell phones, cameras and other electrical goods"

Hmm, some friend there. With all those excuses, sorry disorders, surely it would be a good idea to steer clear of drugs and booze? Thankfully a rare and extreme example of youngster's behaviour, but in no way is it a one off.