Sign in to follow this  
greenday-rulz21

Sat Night funny - Stay in school please!

Ok, well this guy was interested in one of my lip spoilers. Asked him for the length he wanted.

Hi Ron,

I can get them specially made to any length you want. However you will need to tell me how long you want it.

It will have to be ordered in and will come in with my next shipment in probably about a month.

Let me know if you're interested. The price of custom length ones is $45.

Cheers,

Nick

His response

Yes mate I do want it . I need one that's 1.310cm long. That's 1meter and

310cmz long, when will it arrive? I will give you half as a deposit and the

rest when it arrives. thanks

It this point I'm a bit confused with his special math skills.

Great. So thats 1310mm (1 meter and 31 centimeters)?

I will be ordering at the end of next week at the very latest. You should get it within 3 weeks.

Yes, I do need a deposit on custom made lengths. Not at the moment though. I will email you later this week with bank details etc.

You will be informed at all stages. Ordering, when the factory ship and when its ready to be sent or picked up.

Cheers,

Nick

No its 1.310cm one meter and 310cm long. And cheers sounds good. thanks

Now I'm starting to get a bit pissed off.

1310mm = 131cm = 1 meter 31 centimeters

1 meter and 310 centimeters = 410cm = 4010mm

1000 mm = 1 meter

100 cm = 1 meter

I think you need to remeasure mate. 1 meter and 310 cm is over 4 meters. If it is over 4 meters it won't be $45 and you must have one interestingly proportioned car.

Cheers

Yes it is 1.310cm one meter and 310cm long thanks

You just can't help some people. Unless my math is wrong and this would be quite embarrassing for me!

Hahaha... this needs to go on failblog!

What are you going to do? Make him a 4 metre one and make him pay for it. :D

haha muppet

seriously though just ask him to get a friend to double check for him, someone needs to set him straight

Haha, Not gonna do anything!

The boot of his Laurel isn't gonna be over 4 meters so just gonna order him my interpretation of what he's failing to say. Don't have the time to deal with back and forth replies when he obviously can't comprehend primary school maths.

Haha, Not gonna do anything!

The boot of his Laurel isn't gonna be over 4 meters so just gonna order him my interpretation of what he's failing to say. Don't have the time to deal with back and forth replies when he obviously can't comprehend primary school maths.

make a paper one and send it to him to check for length.Charge hiim the extra postage

ahahahaha, you should have added in the 1.310 cm one. meaning he wanted a lip spoiler >>>...........<<< that big :D

Edited by Wervie67

Ahh, the joys of the metric system, amazing how many people still don't get it and how often the decimal place is put in the wrong place :rolleyes: .

Never had this problem with proper measurements - feet and inches :wub:

^ yeah but people mess up the ' and " for feet and inches all the time. Metric is much better as long as you keep it away from tards, especially if you mixing units

I've yet to meet a Laurel/Cefiro owner who didn't seem mentally impaired in some way...