Sign in to follow this  
Shady

Car is Pulling to the left?

Have had a fresh wheel alignment. Both front tyres are new & same pressure & are balanced.

What could be the reason for the car pulling to the left?

Is it for your E30?

E30's have no camber or castor adjustment so all they can adjust is the toe which will not stop it from pulling.

I had this issue a while back but it was due to a warped tire. Might pay to take the front wheels off and roll them a bit make sure they fine.

I thought a little pull to the left was normal and is introduced with wheel alignments for safety reasons? Like if you fall asleep the car will go off into the ditch rather than into oncoming traffic...

Have you welded the doors shut on only the left side of the car? Edited by Forrest

Don't you have 14" b-caps on one side and 17" mags on the other?

Possible issue.

Posted Image

Edited by Mark247

Last owner have a really fat mrs?

How voilent is the pulling?

Come on guys, serious replies or f--k off.

Still a 4DOOR and FOUR 17s on it.

As for those with constructive replies, I will look into it. May be the suspension, it isn't the greatest.

It pulls occassionally (most of the time), mainly after I have done a left turn (eg turning onto a new street) then when I turn right (even if just a corner) sometimes its ok until I turn left again. Also has a small shudder at highspeeds. The pulling is sometimes hard, as in, let it go and its almost instantly off the road & sometimes it just very slowly pulls. Has always been doing this, which is why I took it in to be done (done it twice, but had to replace 2 items then went back in for a free one) & yes he did do adjustments. Hes a mate so he aint gonna screw me over. Also said he cant do the rear wheels (im sure someone on here said that in another thread a while ago you cant do the rears)?!?

But I guess I'm just gonna have to save up & get some new suspension & steering parts. But he didnt say anything looked dodgy (apart from the 2 items I've already replaced since the 1st alignmenr).

---The 17s are missing the centre caps. That would make any difference would it? Heard thru the grapevine (not from a pro, just a random) that missing centre caps can cause wheels to be unbalanced?

True or Flase?

Edited by Shady

I had this issue a while back but it was due to a warped tire. Might pay to take the front wheels off and roll them a bit make sure they fine.

How would that check the tyres? Not questioning your suggestion, just wanting to know how I'd know? Most the time you roll a wheel with a tyre they just fall over?! And its been balanced, so I'd assume they would pick up a warped tyre on the balancer?

Is it for your E30?

E30's have no camber or castor adjustment so all they can adjust is the toe which will not stop it from pulling.

Hey Zenetti,

Most or all cars do not have castor adjustments, I was told to adjust castor angle, it would have to be done by a panelbeater. But could his E30 for some reason have different castor angle on each side which contributes to the pulling left?

The only reason I mentioned it is because I had the same problem with another car. It was pulling left 95% of the time.

Tony

Come on guys, serious replies or f--k off.

Still a 4DOOR and FOUR 17s on it.

As for those with constructive replies, I will look into it. May be the suspension, it isn't the greatest.

It pulls occassionally (most of the time), mainly after I have done a left turn (eg turning onto a new street) then when I turn right (even if just a corner) sometimes its ok until I turn left again. Also has a small shudder at highspeeds. The pulling is sometimes hard, as in, let it go and its almost instantly off the road & sometimes it just very slowly pulls. Has always been doing this, which is why I took it in to be done (done it twice, but had to replace 2 items then went back in for a free one) & yes he did do adjustments. Hes a mate so he aint gonna screw me over. Also said he cant do the rear wheels (im sure someone on here said that in another thread a while ago you cant do the rears)?!?

But I guess I'm just gonna have to save up & get some new suspension & steering parts. But he didnt say anything looked dodgy (apart from the 2 items I've already replaced since the 1st alignmenr).

---The 17s are missing the centre caps. That would make any difference would it? Heard thru the grapevine (not from a pro, just a random) that missing centre caps can cause wheels to be unbalanced?

True or Flase?

[/quote

From your description above - have you eliminated siezed or semi siezed bottom ball joints? If a problem - it should have been picked up when wheel alignment was done though.

It has Jamex (I assume as they are red) lowering springs all around. About 35/40mm drop.

I may just take it to a suspension place & ask them to have a thorough look over it & just mark up what needs replacing... I kind of think that may be all of it :lol: If gonna be too much, may just hock this E30 off for cheap and save up for one that is 100 x's better.

I dont want to be flooding thousands of $s into this when for the money I am probably bound to spend on it, I could just buy one that is already mint (by looking at trademe).

Edited by Shady

It has Jamex (I assume as they are red) lowering springs all around. About 35/40mm drop.

I may just take it to a suspension place & ask them to have a thorough look over it & just mark up what needs replacing... I kind of think that may be all of it :lol: If gonna be too much, may just hock this E30 off for cheap and save up for one that is 100 x's better.

I dont want to be flooding thousands of $s into this when for the money I am probably bound to spend on it, I could just buy one that is already mint (by looking at trademe).

Midas do free checks.

I have the same prob, my front left wheel is not perfectly round, it got a bit buckled when I hit a bad join in the road. Im too scared it will break when they try to fix it as the wheels are really old. So I just put up with a small pull and a steering wheel shake which goes away after 100km/hour.

dude, could it have damaged the strut holding the engine up straight in the engine bay when ur mount broke causing it to lean to the one side? I dunno farfetched yes.

ETC ETC

In all seriousness man, think about this... it's EASY to spend away... I could have a MINT M325i for the amount ive spent on my E30...and its not even re registered yet.

What could be the reason for the car pulling to the left?

Maybe your setting a bad example... try refraining :unsure: ... I really had to say that... no offence intended Malcolm

You should always do a 4 wheel alignment and you may only be able to "adjust some of the bits but you need to get the car SQUARE

all but one alignment I've had with this car has only been done on the front wheels

I always ask for a full alignment, get the car back, get home to check the sheet ... oh they haven't even touched the back

only one place has actually done it properly ... Firestone Upper Hutt

Firestone in Penrose had done mine numerous times, all have been a 'full' 4 wheel alignment

...wouldn't expect less to be honest...

Was told you cant do anything with the rearwheels (by my mate who done, he is qualified, works as manager at a Buearepairs) and by a person on here (on another thread by someone else). So thats 2 people... I dont see how the rearwheels can make the front wheel pull left?

Have just put my 14s back on, and still does it. So its not the 17s.

Will ring around a few places and see who can give it a check to see what needs replacing. Only one real way to find out. But thanks for the advice guys.

spring wind up?

spring not sitting correctly in holder will cause this. seen it before and took a long time to find.