Sign in to follow this  
Sammy J

The touring dreams are made of....

Well as you all now know my first e30 v8 which was quite unexpected when Atta rocked up and said he wanted it anyway i had every intention for just buying a late model car and using it and not modifying it.

Hmm well i couldnt bear the thought of not modifying my car soooooo i went and bought Apex's touring.

Im sure you all know the car and how its a very very tidy car.

So i flew up on the weekend and drove that and my new patrol truck down with henry (incary), had a blast.

I have very, very big plans for this new car and all i can say at this stage is its going to blow my last one out of the water (all going to plan of course).

Very secret squirrel at this stage, however i actually bought some very nice BBS wheels for it and am going to convert it to 5 stud.

Now obviuosly im looking for some knowledge on whats the best way to do this.

Id love to put the e36 m3 front hubs, discs and calipers on if anyone knows where i can get a set of these?

If not, i hear e46 330i stuff fits on e36 hubs?

I have a 318ti rear end already and would like to put bigger brakes to match the e36 m3 stuff (if thats the way i go) on the front.. anyone have any ideas??

Id also like to go to adjustable height and damper suspension for it, so im assuming i need e36 front with e30 tops??

Also looking for a z3 steering rack..

Havnt had a chance to take any pics yet but heres some for those that may not know it.

post-2328-1269246460.jpg

post-2328-1269246474.jpg

Judging by your last whip, this is going to be something special. Good to see it went to a member. Will be following this closely!

Glad to see this is confirmed to be a bimmersporters car.

Subscribed.

didnt guess he brought your car, but i had a hunch you brought this! will be awesome!

Swoite, looking forward to some updates.

Awesome. Will be watching closely.

What's the plan for powerplant? :P

My mate is going the e36 m3 spindles etc and he is buying nearly all of his stuff from the states

powerplant is hush hush at this stage!! but only myself and one other know hahahah shall be amazing.

where abouts is he getting it all from and whats it costing? would be very interested to know the details if you dont mind PM ing me

This is going to be SICK man !! cant wait to see what happens and am also glad that all the nice e30's are staying within BS

powerplant is hush hush at this stage!! but only myself and one other know hahahah shall be amazing.

You know what comes after the V8 right? Reckon you could make a V12 fit? :lol:

All this swapping cars with friend is a lot like a big kid's version trading pokemon cards back in the day :o

Will be awesome though Sam, I am feeling a twin turbo S52 like those crazy norwegians put in their tourings :P

Edited by Forrest

You strike me as a supercharged S50 kinda guy. That's my guess - dunno why.

Hahah so true. How about we place bets one transplants haha

All this swapping cars with friend is a lot like a big kid's version trading pokemon cards back in the day :o

Will be awesome though Sam, I am feeling a twin turbo S52 like those crazy norwegians put in their tourings :P

^ this..

M5 V10

Guest Ari Gold

Its sorta incest like.

Awesome.

Totally.

You'll need to top this for touring of dreams status...

Posted Image

Edited by Ari Gold

Everyone throw your keys in the bowl and let's all swap cars! :D

Time to change your sig now Sam. Best of luck with the touring... sure it'll turn out awesome.

however i actually bought some very nice BBS wheels for it and am going to convert it to 5 stud.

While I think of it, make sure whatever hubs/brake setup you get is compatible with your choice of BBSs (eg RS aren't especially brake friendly).

12a

ive got a 13b in mine :P

Everyone throw your keys in the bowl and let's all swap cars! :D

LOL!

Good decision on the touring, very keen to see this wagon rocking in Christchurch. One my favorite E30's on here for sure.

Touring’s are so common around here these days :P

Good luck Sam, have fun with it.

Happy it has gone to a good (read: better) home and will be turned into the beast I always wanted it to be but couldn’t afford to create.

Cant wait to see the Rotor conversion and bosso body kit ;)

Can't wait to see updates of this car! Awesome work Sam, such a nice car.

S50 Turbo plzzzz.

That would make it the ULTIMATE Touring.

Edited by An E30 Fan