Sign in to follow this  
Eddie

new cert laws?

Thanks for that.

Interesting- the E36 318ti first reg 1998 that I got the m44 out of has no cat. I still have the factory exhaust from this car.

Guest Ari Gold

I spy a South African loop hole. One could argue the S50 they're putting in was manufactured as part of a CKD kit?

here is your loop-hole:

NOTE: Until (generally speaking) the 1980s, motor vehicle floor-pans were never built with the necessary under-body space (floor-pan height in particular) to provide sufficient room and air-space for catalytic converters. Therefore, if a production vehicle was not originally equipped with catalytic converters, it is most likely there will not be sufficient space in the floor-pan area to enable the retro-fitting of ‘cats’, whilst still maintaining a safe amount of airspace (necessary because of the heat generated by the ‘cats’) around them.

Thats the clause I was thinking of when I said talk to your certifier.

Pretty sure a 2002 qualifies.

Did some of the later model E30's have them? My 1990 did at some stage. Cut out many moons ago.

We should try and figure out when the models started getting them. Which models never had them etc to help out any Bimmersporters.

My 1985 NZ new 320 E30 never had one. But I think my old 1985 NZ new 325 E30 did.

Mine has one. I thaught all motronic ones did?

Mine has one. I thaught all motronic ones did?

Alot of NZ new cars didn't. A few did. Most Jap imports had them. We used to remove the cat and get the DME recoded by McMillans to non cat version

Hm... My engine is out of an NZ New 525i. I wonder if that's not ment to have a Cat.

So does that mean if I go 5 lug with spacers or get brake booster installed after the 1st I will get pinged for no cats?

Or do they just re-certify the new mods...

So does that mean if I go 5 lug with spacers or get brake booster installed after the 1st I will get pinged for no cats?

Or do they just re-certify the new mods...

Check with your local certifier. Try and get the same one that did it before

Did some of the later model E30's have them? My 1990 did at some stage. Cut out many moons ago.

We should try and figure out when the models started getting them. Which models never had them etc to help out any Bimmersporters.

My 1985 NZ new 320 E30 never had one. But I think my old 1985 NZ new 325 E30 did.

My 90 SA e30 had them until a month ago lol.

As Glenn said-Jap import