Sign in to follow this  
Silver Fox

E30 M54B30 OBD1

Quick update, Fitted the engine to the hole, and it does.

It does what Foxy :P ??

As usual from your good self, excellent stuff, how's it progressing now?

Shame there's no engine bay dragon though.... :unsure:

The motor's in the hole now, with the 6 speed all hooked up, funny how the gear lever comes straight up the round hole in the tunnel without any mods. Now doing the electrics, all the ignition etc, hope to have it running next weekend with a bit of luck.

The motor's in the hole now, with the 6 speed all hooked up, funny how the gear lever comes straight up the round hole in the tunnel without any mods. Now doing the electrics, all the ignition etc, hope to have it running next weekend with a bit of luck.

at least obd1 is easy. good luck

Yeah, pretty straight forward, mounting a full kill system inside with a starter button, most everything else is done.

We've used the steel branched M54 manifold and a manual steering rack. The steering linkage is being turned upside down so as not to foul the exhaust, but it means getting the sockets on each end swapped as well as they're different.

Thinking of doing something similar to the E30 318i Touring I've just bought as well?

Yeah, pretty straight forward, mounting a full kill system inside with a starter button, most everything else is done.

We've used the steel branched M54 manifold and a manual steering rack. The steering linkage is being turned upside down so as not to foul the exhaust, but it means getting the sockets on each end swapped as well as they're different.

Thinking of doing something similar to the E30 318i Touring I've just bought as well?

ive done exactly that with my steering coupling, it works well.

Great minds eh Kerry. :rolleyes:

Great minds eh Kerry. :rolleyes:

Whats happening with this one Dave?

Engine's in the car Bruce, all hooked up, but I'm not getting it to fire at the moment.

I have 12v at coils, and am getting fuel pre prime, but no injector pulse, coil pulse or continuous fuel pump, so am presuming at this stage that I'm not getting a crank signal, ie, the dme doesn't know the engine's turning over.

I have the chips installed to convert the Hall signal to a VR one, and have tried the M44 Crank sensor as well, both these are supposed to work,and are working overseas, which doesn't help me. Have now gone as far as welding a sensor mount to the front engine cover, and fitted a M50 wheel on the front to see if that works, have also just fitted a new engine loom, so fingers and all crossed, I'll try again tomorrow.

Engine's in the car Bruce, all hooked up, but I'm not getting it to fire at the moment.

I have 12v at coils, and am getting fuel pre prime, but no injector pulse, coil pulse or continuous fuel pump, so am presuming at this stage that I'm not getting a crank signal, ie, the dme doesn't know the engine's turning over.

I have the chips installed to convert the Hall signal to a VR one, and have tried the M44 Crank sensor as well, both these are supposed to work,and are working overseas, which doesn't help me. Have now gone as far as welding a sensor mount to the front engine cover, and fitted a M50 wheel on the front to see if that works, have also just fitted a new engine loom, so fingers and all crossed, I'll try again tomorrow.

Good stuff - I can't help you with any of that so good luck!!!! ^_^

have also just fitted a new engine loom, so fingers and all crossed, I'll try again tomorrow.

Hope you get it sorted Foxy, nothing worse than electrickery problems for frustrating the hell out of you. What did Paul do on the M54 for Geoff, running the Link resolves it I guess?

It runs, a bit rough and a few things to sort out still, but thanks to Gavin it is firing now. Fuel problem all along.

Will get it all back together and hope to get it tuned next week. It's coming Steve. :D

Thanks Andy, fair bit of relief.

going wellll

does gavin have it now?

Bit rough still, got some work to do, Gavin will get it next week I think.

few dozen Lion Rouge and she'll purr like a tiger.

Thanks for the tip Andy, I've never tried putting Lion Rouge through an engine, but then it's got to be good for something :D !

so what was the fuel problem???

glad to hear its going though .

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

How did the fuel problem prevent you from getting coil & injector pulse Dave ?

Glad to see youv'e got it running now though :D

Interesting ... I was going suggest fueling but yeah symptoms didnt match.

what type of fueling. Electrical or supply ?

great to hear its running .. will be interested to see what it goes like in an e30 shell.