Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

Group Buy

Hey guys. I am going to get a set for myself any way, but i thought i might as well throw a group buy up and see if we can get shipping a bit less

The cluster rings are brushed aluminum and surround the fuel, temp, tacho and speedo. Not they are not the tacky plastic ones that are/were for sale on trademe. Also because of this you can paint them reletivaly easily if silver is not your thing

The alpina tach strip is a vinyl overlay that goes onto the cluster and is laser cut. Both virtually OEM quality

Picture:

Posted Image

Cluster Rings will be between $60 and $80 dependent on the exchange rate and amount of people

Tach strips will be $20-35

(So you know, im not interested in making a profit in these other than to get cheaper shipping)

No buyer target, the more the better. Will leave this open for a week, payment wont be needed until its all pacakaged up and ready to go on thier end so you have a few weeks to pay.

Cheers guys, Andy

1. ethrty320 Rings + Strip

I'm pretty keen on both. Obviously would be needed for an E36. Guessing the strip would be the same but are E36 rings available? Cheers

I'm pretty keen on both. Obviously would be needed for an E36. Guessing the strip would be the same but are E36 rings available? Cheers

Will find out for you mate

When are you ordering ?

will make an order in about a week for however many people will want.

Re E36, they werent designed for E36 but they have been installed in one. Am waiting on a picture. I can also get specific E36 ones but they may be more.

these are the E36 ones. still waiting on a price as yet. These ones may fit other models as well? someone experienced with the later model BMWs may be able to chime in on that.

edit: whoops last one is E30. these carbon backgrounds are also available but they look pretty ricey and tacky imo so i didnt mention them. could get some of those as well if someone wants them. probably around the $100+ mark

Edited by ethrty320

Keen on the strip for obvious reasons ;) will go nicely with the rest of the Alpina inspired goodies on the car

Edited by Hellpina

Bump....is anything happening with this? Waiting to put the cluster back in my car :huh:

sorry i have a job and work during the day.. lol. all good though. doesnt look authentic but as long as your happy with it :)

any more orders from anyone? will send out PMs in a few days for those still interested

andy

Let me know of the final price of tach stripes. if its around $20 ill take one.

Has anyone gained horse power from this ? If the bimmersport sicker is + 20hp, this should atleast be 10?

erghhhh

most of you that have said your intereseted have probably forgotten about these anyway and/or wondering where your PMs are from me, but so you know, after the person im getting them off said could supply as many as i needed, hes run out of them and has also since changed his mind and wont ship outside the US anyway due to a couple of failed/lost in transit shipments to the UK. tried talking him into it but he reckons its not worth it etc. Seeing as they got lost he probably doesnt pack them very well anyway.

typical.. the one time its ME that does a group buy it falls through. If anything changes ill let you know

Don't worry. Most group buys on this forum turn to sh*t anyway, I have given up trying.

Its probably best to do your own buying than trying to do group buys. As said ... in the past these have usually turned to custard

Can a sign writer not just make that strip? Looks pretty basic to me?

^ I made my own, its not that hard. Adhesive green paper is your friend

yeah its probably not hard to make the strip at all. it was the cluster rings i was more interested in, he just so happened to do the tach strips as well. looks like ill get the shitty plastic ones off trademe instead and make a trip to warehouse stationairy.