Sign in to follow this  
3 SERIES

Metallica Are Coming!

If they had a decent drummer I may be excited.

Edited by fuzyfrog

Haha good point. I might hore myself out, sure the missus would love that...

Pimp the missus :lol:

I saw them in December at ARCO Arena in Sacramento.

Don't get me wrong it was a good concert but it was not great. Maybe I went in with too high hopes.

They have been on this tour for ever (I could have seen them in December 08 on the Death Magnetic Tour at the Savemart Centre in Fresno, but it was snowing so didn't go). I got the distinct impression in December 09 that they were bored and going through the motions.

If they use the same stage layout as the concert at ARCO, it is far too big and there is very little interaction between the band, basically one playing at three of the four sides and Lars in the centre, with the drums rotating 90 degrees every so often. The playing was cohesive because they play the same songs night in, night out.

I was happy with the set list, it was a good mixture from through their career, but if you don't like Death Magnetic then you will sit out a good chunk of the concert. No St. Anger thank christ!

Cheers

Grant

Edited by Grant

definitely keen

road trip!!

[edit] might have to drop my car off to Ray or Brent for a manual conversion while I'm up there :)

Edited by Wom

Yes!! I got my tickets!!

Posted Image

Edited by driftit

Yes!! I got my tickets!!

Posted Image

Good stuff

Dam I want the tickets now. Not fan club member thou :(

Gotta wait till next week!

Edit: Seated? Common, where's the mongrel in ya lol

Edited by 3 SERIES

Good stuff

Dam I want the tickets now. Not fan club member thou :(

Gotta wait till next week!

Edit: Seated? Common, where's the mongrel in ya lol

Been there done that back when I was 16. Would prob break now. Row K is the Gold seating I think.

Should mention that nobody will be seated. But because it is tiered I should be able to see everything.

Haha - you know it Dan...that is what has happened at every concert i've been to....

Well, they have now put on another pre-sale which is after the Met Fan Club pre-sale but before the ticketmaster pre-sale. All these pre sales are starting to wear me out lol

So, tomorrow @ 12 noon is what they call the 'Media Pre-sale'

Linky Link

Helping Bimmersporters since Jan 07 :D

Edited by 3 SERIES

Metallica fanclub presales ftw.

Or if you're like me book mark Hauraki, the Rock, C4 and some others for presales.. lol

Looks as thou the link to the Hauraki website that had the media pre-sale info in it has changed!

Maybe they were not ment to release the code?

Anyway for those that missed it, the media pre sale code was: SANDMAN

Cheers

Did you get the link? I didn't bookmark....

Did you get the link? I didn't bookmark....

Yes I bookmarked it but its exactly the same as what I linked to earlier. They have completly changed the page.

Same thing happened on the rock website too. Mind you, they didnt give out the password. They just said to go to their page at noon tomorrow for it.

Maybe they all jumped the gun a little and were not ment to give it out? Will be interesting to see if you can just go to ticketmaster website tomorrow and put it in or you have to be linked from Hauraki or The Rock in a similar way to the Met Fan Club Website.

Watch this space I suppose!

C4 gave it out. Password is SANDMAN, and you just buy from Tickatek/Ticketmastwe/Whatever tomorrow

So you just go onto the website and use sandman as the code? Sounds piss easy. If so 4 tix here I come.

If it's like the Metclub presale there is a completely different link which isnt publicly available and FROM THERE you enter the passcode??