Sign in to follow this  
greenday-rulz21

Vodafone's Talk Plan

Just got it myself actually. I've been on Vodafone Prepay forever pretty much seeing as Vodafone pwns Telecom ;)

Have up to now just had Txt2000 as admittedly my generation can't stand talking to people through the good ol' fashioned art of speech :lol: which is fine I guess but tbh I'm kinda over texting all the time.

$12 a month for 200 Anytime minutes to Vodafone Mobiles and to any NZ landline. According to Vodafone it is equivalent to a $178 on account plan.

Brings calling down from what? 89c to 6c! Crazy value if you ask me.

Just though I'd share, especially to those who are keen who haven't heard about the plan yet. If you've got any opinions please share...

If your going to use all those minutes then it sounds pretty good to me! I have my Telecom for texting Telecom (.5c/text) and 2Degrees for everything else (calling (22c/min) and texting voda/2D (2c/text). Works out really well

Have Vodafone but found them to be the most expencive of the three so i dont use it

Are you sure that doesnt include JUST VODAFONE landlines?

Its any landline Ian.

The only non-vodafone person that I do text in my phonebook is you Peter! Everyone else is on Vodafone so its perfect for me. I don't usually text people if they're on telecom or 2 degrees as everyone else is so meh.

I send at least 500 texts a month which means each text costs me under 2cents. So better than anything out there. And I usually spend a heap on calling so this makes it super cheap. :)

Edited by Nick021

Cheers for the heads up! Gonna do this definitely..

I hate txting and rarely reply to them when I get them. But am on Prepay so this sounds great.

Me Peter? I feel so privileged! Ha.

I'm on unlimited txting with Telecom to any other provider, $12/ month. And some plan that costs something that has a certain amount of minutes and then I pay for data too - Think its like $12 for 50Mb or something. If I didn't work for the company, I'd worry about what plan I'm on.

$12 for 200 minutes is pretty sweet admittedly.

I find this plan kind of useless as I never really call much and just text so I find no real use for this plan =S

Have thought about replacing txt2000 with this as you can squeeze in a fair amount of words in 1 minute as with texting you would have to take ages and then have to wait for the other person to reply.

yep texting definately has its time and place. Rarely use it for 'business' or talking to people other than mates or organising stuff. seems everyone else in my/our generation disagrees though :S

is that unlimited texting on telecom through XT? just curious.. never looked into thier plans

yep texting definately has its time and place. Rarely use it for 'business' or talking to people other than mates or organising stuff. seems everyone else in my/our generation disagrees though :S

is that unlimited texting on telecom through XT? just curious.. never looked into thier plans

Yes it is through XT. Personally I only text for continued conversations, and when im not in the mood for a quick chat. I like the lack of time boundaries.

However for any business purpose, be it enquiring about a car on trademe, or anything of the sort i feel it is considerably more "proper" to call.

My Vodafone is in semi retirement since geting a work phone-which i can also use for personal use as long as i don't exceed $250 a month but before that i used to use bestmate and text 2000 so would only cost me about 20 slides a month anyway.

Tlkin n a fone eh, soundz intrstin haha lol

I been on prepay and switched to a vodafone plan to use blackberry.

dumbass move though was picking txt600 to any network over txt2000...

Why cant we be like a lot of other countries and just get unlimited calls to the same provider for piss all a month on prepay, I dont know. I dont think there is anything that can be called a "good deal" when it comes to mobile phones in NZ yet.

Until this happens I'll stick with my $12 unlimited txts and leave calling to the land line =D

Guest Ari Gold

Pretty damned good deal. My contract used to cost me around $100 a month. For the equivalently the same texts and calls, it costs me $28 on pre pay (txt2000, Talk, Best Mate).

Winner winner chicken dinner :D

Edited by Ari Gold

Probably not of use to many out but for those that run a business, there is a plan with Vodafone called Talkzero. You won't see it on the web site as they don't push it to general public. Basically for $35 per phone on contract, you set up a group then all calls within that group are free to each other - like Best Buddy but it is not limited to just one number. What we have done is set this up but added a CTU module to the "group" which dials out over a Voip phone system.

Bottom line is we can call each other free plus we can make free calls to landlines by using the CTU.