Sign in to follow this  
tibbs.james

WRC , anyone going ?

Hey guys

It turns out I won WRC tickets from radio Hauraki, so i booked tickets to palmy so i can road trip up to hampton downs with my fiance !!

going to be a sweet weekend.

I just wondered if anybody else was going ?

Im doing auckland domain on friday night ..

Guest Ari Gold

This

Or better yet, 9am till 1pm Thursday too

What are the rules for putting stuff up in the domain. I'd be so keen to go to the domain at 9am or something and put up a tent so we have primo viewing for the evening

Edited by Ari Gold

Guest Simon*

That ^^ and the whole domain special is gonna' rock

Jealous as bro

I'm there on thrusday....

then we are camping over night at the stages for prime spectator points... the ones that are free and better than the pay ones on the days....

If anyone wants to catch up vdo 38 99 93

Edited by DRTDVL

Yes I'm planning on walking down from uni on the friday. What corner shall Is best to spec from?

On Friday I will be road tripping up to Hamilton to stay a night and see everything I can on Saturday,

I have never been to Hamilton and I am really stoked to see Hampton Downs

Ditto

I'm meeting some friends at queens wharf at 5.30pm to catch the free bus to the domain. If anyone else wants to come feel free to tag along.

Seen them working on the cars under tents all week on the wharf where I catch my ferry in Auckland. Looks sweet. Keen to go after uni also.

Flick me a text if you get a chance Cale. 0273545576

Edited by tastic

Camping on said farm with said DRTDVL. Party on. Should be wicked.

post-5113-1273147834.jpgWhy did they miss out THAT corner.... <_< Edited by dubman

I read the drivers are pretty shity at being made to drive in peak hour traffic. One blew his clutch which is apparently $10K to replace.

Hey is this free?

edit, yes it is

Edited by tastic

I'm service crew for car 144 in the PBMR which follows the WRC on Saturday

The muppet put it into a bank halfway through stage 16 :(

Game over

Edited by 2002

What car was that?

What car was that?

Ford Laser #144, actually "muppet" was probably a bit mean. It was his second ever rally and the first for his codriver. He went a bit wide (which after the WRC cars have been through is the the apex of the corner) and under steered into a bank. I imagine he was getting a bit tired and the tyres were well past their best by then

It's still a bit of a pain, instead of the team sitting down for a beer together we were running around with trailers, by the time we got to prizegiving everybody else was half cut.

Bugger. Was it a DOCH Turbo AWD?? We actually commented on that car after it went past us in Onehwero saying it must be hard finding decent parts for the older cars. Would be even harder finding a decent shell for an old rusty Laser.

You mustn't have been alone though as there were quite a few cars missing on the afternoon run.

Bugger. Was it a DOCH Turbo AWD?? We actually commented on that car after it went past us in Onehwero saying it must be hard finding decent parts for the older cars. Would be even harder finding a decent shell for an old rusty Laser.

You mustn't have been alone though as there were quite a few cars missing on the afternoon run.

No it was FWD running a stock SOHC motor, he had a DOHC motor & LSD to go into it but ran out of time to get it in before the event. He now needs to come up with a new plan as it may be a write off.

Lol that ES Flanner was wicked, it pissed of the camera crew as they had to pack all there sh*t up and relocate. Nice photo's Heath, look forward to ES Targa Camp 2010.

I need to take andrea's camera next time so i can use a camera with zoom...

my little point and click had basically no zoom... so if you where across the road it made for long shots...