Sign in to follow this  
JiB

Help from Bimmersport please

Hi all,

Some of you may remember this thread? Well, against better judgement I paid for an iPhone 3GS which never came.

I ordered soon after Brett (3 SERIES) did, and he received his refund two weeks ago - but nothing from my end.

Long story short - after many promises on their part - they still owe me NZ$749. Now their phone lines have been disconnected and it seems as though they have pulled a disappearing act.

A letter of demand is currently been drawn up - but I have no means of making sure it reaches them!

Can anyone help? Advice maybe? Anything?

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried directory sevice for KiwiDirect Communications Limited PO Box 21124 Christchurch

Or try doing a company search on the Govt link

Edited by *Glenn*

Didnt you have their address? I would have been knocking on their door months ago.

Didnt you have their address? I would have been knocking on their door months ago.

I'm in Auckland, they're in Dunedin. I do 90hr weeks. So no, $749 isn't worth the time or travel expense. :(

Before people start saying "I told you so" or "It'll be too good to be true" I think I should shed some light on this situation.

I paid for an iPhone from Kiwi Direct Communications thru their website. This was supposed to take 10 working days to arrive. I guessed that they were coming from the states.

After my 10 days and no iPhone I emailed them to see what the story was. I received a reply saying their supplier had sent them and it was a matter of just waiting for the shipment to arrive. They would courier as soon as they received them.

After a further week or so passing I emailed and called their 0800 number. All with no reply. I decided to do a bit of digging and found where they lived, home phone no etc etc. I gave them a call at home, to their surprise!! He was very sorry for the delay and assured me he was genuine and theyre were just taking a long time to arrive.

After about a further week or so myself and Jonathan received an email saying they had arrived but the supplier had sent the wrong ones! (older 3g model) He offered to send one of these out as a sweetner until the proper ones arrived. I refused and said I would wait.

Another week passed and still no contact. This was after a lot of emails, phone calls to the 0800 no and his home at 9pm, 10pm, 11pm, 12, 1am, 2am, 3am, 4am. At this stage I think he was getting the message!

I received an email from him saying the supplier was refusing to give him the 3GS models unless he paid 'X' amount of $$. I think he had thought he was getting the 3GS models for $749 when really they were the older ones. He then went on to say this was not an option for him and that he would refund my money in full in the next week. Which he did.

All in all it has been a massive saga and im extreamly gutted someone else has been effected by this. I have been in regular contact with Jonathon trying to offer some kind of help. I hope there is someone else here that can help him.

I have all contact details, names, address for them. If anyone can help just PM me and ill be happy to supply you with the info.

Edited by 3 SERIES

Guest Ari Gold

New Zealand Domain Name Registry Limited

% Users confirm on submission their agreement to all published Terms

%

version: 4.00

query_datetime: 2010-05-10T12:11:20+12:00

domain_name: kiwidirectltd.co.nz

query_status: 200 Active

domain_dateregistered: 2009-11-12T16:31:43+13:00

domain_datebilleduntil: 2010-11-12T16:31:43+13:00

domain_datelastmodified: 2010-05-04T22:50:07+12:00

domain_delegaterequested: yes

%

registrar_name: NETREGISTRY PTY LTD

registrar_address1: PO Box 270

registrar_city: Broadway

registrar_postalcode: 2007

registrar_country: AU (AUSTRALIA)

registrar_phone: +61 2 9699 6099

registrar_fax: +61 2 9699 6088

registrar_email: dnsadmin@netregistry.com.au

%

registrant_contact_name: KiwiDirect Communications Limited

registrant_contact_address1: 110 Moray Place

registrant_contact_address2: Dunedin 9016

registrant_contact_city: Dunedin

registrant_contact_country: NZ (NEW ZEALAND)

registrant_contact_phone: +64 3 4775272

registrant_contact_email: brian@kiwidirectltd.co.nz

%

admin_contact_name: KiwiDirect Communications Limited

admin_contact_address1: PO BOX 1223

admin_contact_address2: Dunedin 9054

admin_contact_city: Dunedin

admin_contact_country: NZ (NEW ZEALAND)

admin_contact_phone: +64 3 9748096

admin_contact_fax: +64 3 9748097

admin_contact_email: info@kiwidirectltd.co.nz

%

technical_contact_name: NETREGISTRY PTY LTD

technical_contact_address1: PO Box 270

technical_contact_city: Broadway

technical_contact_postalcode: 2007

technical_contact_country: AU (AUSTRALIA)

technical_contact_phone: +61 2 9699 6099

technical_contact_fax: +61 2 9699 6088

technical_contact_email: dnsadmin@netregistry.com.au

%

ns_name_01: ns1.yourdnshost.net

ns_name_02: ns2.yourdnshost.net

ns_name_03: ns3.yourdnshost.net

%

Thanks heaps for the help guys.

Tried 018 - just lead to dead ends, numbers that have either been disconnected or various wrong numbers. Brian and Lina Issakson so longer exist in the directory even if they were earlier this year.

Government search gave me their address 17a Kaikorai Valley Road, Kaikorai Dunedin 9010 - which apparently didn't match up to either name.

64 3 4775272

Got someone saying it was a bar?

64 3 9748096

Reached a voicemail for "D'Fawlts?" (sp?)

Poop.

I received an email from him saying the supplier was refusing to give him the 3GS models unless he paid 'X' amount of $. I think he had thought he was getting the 3GS models for $749 when really they were the older ones. He then went on to say this was not an option for him and that he would refund my money in full in the next week. Which he did.

I too received this email. But didn't get the refund :(

Government search gave me their address 17a Kaikorai Valley Road, Kaikorai Dunedin 9010 - which apparently didn't match up to either name.

This is their home address which I phoned.

Got the police involved yet?

I spoke to someone in the police who said they couldnt do anything as they havnt comitted a criminal offence.

I think otherwise!

Thats their business address.

Hopefully someone in Dunedin can go check it out. I know I would if I lived down there!

110 Moray Place eh... Who would I be looking for?

KiwiDirect Communications?

Talk to Target? I'm sure this can make good tv, sorry for your misfortunes btw

110 Moray Place eh... Who would I be looking for?

KiwiDirect Communications?

Yes, Kiwi Direct Communications. Brian Issakson is the owner.

Get that epic debt collector guy onto them!

Looks like they're gone from there. Did get the number for the building manager though.

Couldn't really find another business to ask...

We need an aar0n-afk (gpforums user)

Edited by antil33t

Big Tongan here if you need some beef down these ways lol

my old man lives near the kaikorai valley address!

if you want me to pop in there, pm me some details.

FYI, there are only tiny tiny margins in iPhones. This is why appliance store chains always excludes them (and all Apple products) from special offers and finance deals.

I have a company discount from Renaissance Ltd who wholesale Apple products to retailers. The discount is miniscule (often less than 5%) and they don't include iPhones in this discount.

I guess it's the old adage... if something sound too good to be true... yada yada

I sympathise with you though Jib... I hope you track them down. Give Target or Fair Go a call. They'll probably be very happy to help.

Talk to Target? I'm sure this can make good tv, sorry for your misfortunes btw

Yeah will be investigating TV...but my utter lack of free time is really preventing me from doing that right now.

Looks like they're gone from there. Did get the number for the building manager though.

Couldn't really find another business to ask...

We need an aar0n-afk (gpforums user)

Thanks heaps for having a look dude.

Big Tongan here if you need some beef down these ways lol

my old man lives near the kaikorai valley address!

if you want me to pop in there, pm me some details.

Will give you a PM shortly
Will contact them regarding fees soon.

I guess it's the old adage... if something sound too good to be true... yada yada

I definitely should'a known better...just thought: Kiwi Company + don't like Apple NZ = dirty deeds on the cheap.

You must have been very over unied that day Jonathan. There was no way you were getting a 3gs Iphone for that price.

Have a talk to served.co.nz. Many people on GP Forums have used him with great success. Post it up on GP if you like. He will no doubt give you some advice. But be prepared to get a bit of stick from the dipshit gpers.

Yeah, if you do put it in the buy-sell area.. not OD.

Have a talk to served.co.nz. Many people on GP Forums have used him with great success. Post it up on GP if you like. He will no doubt give you some advice. But be prepared to get a bit of stick from the dipshit gpers.

yea have a read of this thread, that Served guy is the man!!

http://www.gpforums.co.nz/thread/382668/

^^ Just read those 2 threads, pure win.

That guy Aaron is the man hahah

I know exactly where the guy lives (not his registered company address) & he's aprox 5 mins drive from my house. I think this is one for Target, I'd approach them and see what they can come up with - you might get some TV action!

I am going to approach Arron in regards to the slag that drove into my 540 and now refuses to pay.