Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

This Weekends Job

Don't polish before striping. And don't cut after striping. Use a tooth brush to get the polish out from the edge of the striping if you polish after ward.

Yeap I thought that would be the case.

What can I use to prep the surface before I stick the stripes on?

This looks exciting! Looking forward to seeing it at the welly meet next wednesday... you are coming right?

Makes me feel stink, havent done anything to try make my car look a little nicer in ages! Apart from a nifty little sign on the roof :unsure:

This looks exciting! Looking forward to seeing it at the welly meet next wednesday... you are coming right?

Makes me feel stink, havent done anything to try make my car look a little nicer in ages! Apart from a nifty little sign on the roof :unsure:

I will be coming regardless, if the car gets a WOF Fri I will be there in the car, otherwise I will hitch a ride.

I will be coming regardless, if the car gets a WOF Fri I will be there in the car, otherwise I will hitch a ride.

Do you know if Anthonys cars done yet? Haha 12 days was ages ago! Would be mint to see all the Welly E30s out :P

just drive. if you get pulled up just say " aww sorry offica i was on my way to the testing station and i got lost ow"

Meths is OK and easy to get your hands on. Don't use turps unless you have to get tar off then always remove the turps residue with meths.

^ Sweet thanks Shelley.

Managed to get some double pinstripe tape for the sides, and single pinstripe to replicate the front style.

Just spent the last 4 hours doing this.

Won't say too much because I am busy getting drunk for a 21st.

Big thanks to Mark247 for his supply + help with installing the side pinstripes. And cheers Total BMW magazine for the sweet photos for me to copy the front design.

Fiddly as job, took me a while to get angles right, not perfect but it isn't a show car, and have plenty left over if I need to redo any.

Will be interested to see how edges hold up when washing etc. I coated them with superglue at the ends then coated them with anti corrosion protective spray wax.

I will let the average, bad light, rushed pics do the talking, I am more than happy for $60, 4 hours and no beers required after all ;)

Cheers, Nath

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice, that turned out really well!

Might try and do some ACS stripes on mine. Or maybe not. I was never very good at colouring between the lines.

i think you done a great job , makes it look alot beter

Cheers guys for all the nice comments, I am more than happy with the result. Can safely say there is no E30 like it on this earth now ;)

Cheers guys for all the nice comments, I am more than happy with the result. Can safely say there is no E30 like it on this earth now ;)

I do know of one e30 that has very simular pin stripes down the side... :P

Nice man! looks real good.

Clearly not too many beers then :D

Sweet, looks mint as bro, will have to see it in person on Wednesday.... might even have to find us a lit, unlocked carpark for a few photos if we feel that way inclined ;)

Definitely exceeded my expectations, looks real good chief.

Thanks again everyone, pretty happy with how it turned out considering how impatient I am.

@ Paul, lets not take too many flashy photos I destroyed a wing mirror on Friday :( wheels need bigger lips and some general paint TLC, even though the WOF guy said it was the tidyest one he had seen in a long time ^_^

Possibly going into storage soon now that it is legal and complete and I proved to myself I could sort it, so will make the most of it while I have it out and about, need to focus my time more on finishing uni and running some qualifying times.

Cheers dudes/dudettes.

Edited by Hellpina

Wheels would look a whole lot better with smaller tyres IMO.

Otherwise looks good dude.

^ Tyres were free and I am strongly against stretched tyres anyway, factory size as well.

Thanks though :)

Edited by Hellpina

Nice work Nath! Good to see the dedication for running coming back! I need some motivation like that.

It appears to have come out well... it will be interesting to see if it lasts.

Thanks again everyone, pretty happy with how it turned out considering how impatient I am.

@ Paul, lets not take too many flashy photos I destroyed a wing mirror on Friday :( wheels need bigger lips and some general paint TLC, even though the WOF guy said it was the tidyest one he had seen in a long time ^_^

Possibly going into storage soon now that it is legal and complete and I proved to myself I could sort it, so will make the most of it while I have it out and about, need to focus my time more on finishing uni and running some qualifying times.

Cheers dudes/dudettes.

Have to take pics of the side with the mirror then ;):lol: