Sign in to follow this  
kerry

project throttle part 2

a beter update this time , today she started for the first time in nearly two months, fire poped out the itb's AWSOME.... timeing was 180 out but man i wish i had a video camera cause it looked wicked, tryed again after a few adjustments and she started first pop. at first i was kind of disapointed with the sound but then as soon as the gates opend i nearly fell over. it sounds so agresive beyond what i was expecting so much that i probably wont sleep tonight lol. more updates and hopefuly vid (if i can) this week.

Wicked Kerry! Should try and get it finished for the Megameet and then go for a blat on the track!

should be all sorted and dynoed this week man . will try and make it to taupo but i dont think il be on the track. see what happens though

its back

post-4759-1280896084.jpg

Edited by kerry

limit is set to 7500 i have a lower engine knock that i cant find now . it dissaperes after 1100 rpm and does not return which has me boggeld, i have a vid at work but with this little knock im not to keen to post it right now.

at the end of the day im happy with 242rwhp and some mean induction noise.

Nice work Kerry. Keen for a look/ ride if your willing enough this weekend when im up! Il come round with Matt.

sure let see if we can blow it up, after 8 hours on the dyno all day im guessing it wont lol.

ok after a talk to glen earlyer i think ive nutted it down to a inlet lifter arround number 5 cylinder , if my asumption is correct thats going to be prity easy so fingers x boys

Ah good new!

Awesome work Kerry

What was the imporvement over the previous setup?

im still adjusting at the moment man, it pulls hard all the way to about 6800 no worries but the old set up seemed to have a better torque feel. now its just a case of getting the driver to feel the car to get the benifits of the extra hp. overall im happy with it

Edited by kerry

here is the vid, please excuse the engine knock

here is the vid, please excuse the engine knock

that's some sweet sweet music right there, minus the knock. Any luck sourcing the problem yet?

thanks man , na havent had a chance its been flat out at work but i might change the oil im using and see how it sounds, end of they day if its bad enough il just have to pull the engine and rebuild. im investing it a stethaskope to help with diagnosis as i thought it was a lifter but im not to sure now.it doesnt affect performance and noise is only at idle so my next suspicion is gudgeon knock.so il drive it till it blows i guess

Edited by kerry

im investing it a stethaskope to help with diagnosis

I've got one you can borrow

that would be awsome james if your in the area tomorow come see me

so as this project ends its chapter i would like to thank everyone who folowed it , next chapter is fix my little knock issue, car is very responsive and has very good power through entire rpm, i couldnt have asked for a beter result. here is a pic to leave you with that me and jason took yesterday.

post-4759-1281138544.jpg

Hey Kerry, thanks for the info yesterday, am trying all options again and still going in circles, will go for front mount on Tuesday if nothing else works.

Your car is spectacular, great to get a look at it yesterday, good luck with the knock.

Awesome stuff. Will be nice to hear some drive by vids when you can ?

thanks guys, sorting a driving vid in a couple of weeks hopfully, and david good luck with that crank pully and triger i hope that what you seen helped some what.

ok its time for part 2 to start but it will be a slow one as funds are demolished from part 1, in order to eliminate my knock i have been blessed with im going to franklin cams for some surgery and solid lifters, if the knock is still there after this it will be a full strip down but fingers x it will be $ well spent either way. update soon

good luck man looks F*&KING mint , cant wait till my M50s up and running, very interested in the knock and what it might be

keep us updated

Edited by nutterbutter