Sign in to follow this  
briancol

My manual conversion is on my loungeroom wall.

I finally got $2,500.00 in my slush fund to do the manual conversion on C0SM0S.

The extra $700.00 was to lighten the fly wheel and a short shifter.

So I was already to go ahead.

I came home the other night to find my partner desperately trying to turn on the TV.

This stupid Phillips 42" has broken down twice already, and with this being the third time, it was time to say good bye permanently.

So the conversion is put on hold till I can save up the necessary again.

The new set is great. A 50" LG full HD Plasma with stunning pictures.

However changing channels is just not the same thrill as changing gears I'm afraid.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I would've done the conversion to be honest, because I spend more time in my car than in front of my TV. Back to saving then ay?

$700 for a lightened flywheel and a short shift seems a bit steep? New flywheel I'm assuming? If so, OEM or aftermarket?

$200 to get the existing one lightened and balanced, a new short shifter, boot and new knob. approx $500

Priorities, priorities Brian lol

You could have had both!

Cash = Manual Conversion

Harvey Norman 50 months interest free = TV

you fu*king got a LG? holy fu*k might be cheap but it will do the same thing as your Phillips one =D

Working at DSE you learn these things =D

Mmm, I must admit I've heard nothing good about LG TV's. Have a Samsung Series 5 at teh moment, wouldn't mint a new one though.

our LG was great...

... for 6 months :(

manual conversion >/= stereo > tv

you fu*king got a LG? holy fu*k might be cheap but it will do the same thing as your Phillips one =D

What would you recommend then? I am sniffing around for a new one (either 42" plasma or 40" LCD - still undecided) at the moment.....

No manual conversion on the cards for me.

What would you recommend then? I am sniffing around for a new one (either 42" plasma or 40" LCD - still undecided) at the moment.....

No manual conversion on the cards for me.

Panasonic viera plasma. Full HD.

That is all.

Priorities, priorities Brian lol

You could have had both!

Cash = Manual Conversion

Harvey Norman 50 months interest free = TV

Exactly my thought too!!

Don't you guys only stock like 4 brands of tv's and 2 of them cheap generic brands lol?

Mmm, I must admit I've heard nothing good about LG TV's. Have a Samsung Series 5 at teh moment, wouldn't mint a new one though.

I don't know where i put last months Consumer magazine but i'm fairly sure LG were up there...Sony and Panasonic too, someone must have it floating around to confirm this!?

Panasonic viera plasma. Full HD.

That is all.

i agree after 20 years selling and sorting problems on tv's ,hifi etc .

Pana just put out a new range.

but yea DSE stocks

Sony , Pana ,Samsung ,DSE ,Konka and sometimes we will have some random brand.

just yea just think is your room sunny? if so you dont want plasma as it has the glass[Gloss Finnish] wheres LCD has the matt look also you can get cheap LED tvs now days they are the best picture you will see in NZ.

Hey Brian-you were never gonna be able to watch those awesome concert vids on a 5spd anyway.

they still make plasmas ...??

Yeah, working at Noel Leeming the demand was roughly 65/35 LCDs to Plasmas in the short time I worked there.

Apparently people watching sport find Plasmas offer better movement and refresh rates, for the money.

Well my LG's is the very latest model (PK750) razor edge full HD, blue ray, etc, etc.

I got it at trade price $2,200 plus $80.00 for the wall mounting bracket. Harvey Normans best offer on this model was $3,099 and a wait till new supplies arrived.

Hey Brian-you were never gonna be able to watch those awesome concert vids on a 5spd anyway.

My sentiments exactly.

One thing I would never do is listen to advice offered by someone who works at DSE (or any of the big box stores for that matter).

One thing I would never do is listen to advice offered by someone who works at DSE (or any of the big box stores for that matter).

Why would that be?

Myself i hate telling people that one tv is better then others Everyone See's a TV different in there own eyes.

and yea you will find that most staff try to push you to buy wheres i cant do that its your money you do what you want with it.

Guest Simon*

All of you are pissing in the wind anyway. The TV is already bought, show's over.

Find a new thread to argue in ;)