Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Epic government fail?

Talking about putting it in one hand and taking it out of the other!

Diesel van/light truck/truck $185 p/a increase!?! to $583 p/a!!

We have three sets of wheels at the moment works out at nearly $1000 p/a + I have a trailer.

Campbell Live

Edited by driftit

yeah .. the missus opened up the mail to find a 285odd dollar rego for the year .. we nearly fell off our seats.

please tell me this is just for desiel cars? i have to get rego for the Volvo next month :( thank goodness exemption on the bimmer is free haha

Yer, I just noticed the X5's registration ran out yesterday so I apparently pay the old levy?

281.61 Just got my letter today...

Breakdown.

Licence Fee - $43.50

Acc Levy - $198.46

Other Levies $1.64

Admin - $6.72

GST - $31.29

f**king National... Didn't they f**k the country over last time?

Sweet, so now I pay half my cars value in registration, and the other half in insurance. Go me.

National inherited a lot of problems.... just look at the state of ACC.

I really dislike how a lot of the governments are now focusing on reducing their budget deficit. Totally wrong timing.

On this topic, is the a license class for garage queen type vehicles which do less than 5,000 (example) km's per year?

Or for motorsport homologated vehicles?

I thought it was for farm vehicles that occasionally leave the farm. And your only allowed a short distance from the farm?

Can someone please explain to me how my diesel ute - a good old Holden Rodeo 4x4 - is somehow more dangerous and therefore needs to pay more ACC levies than if I had bought a petrol one? Exactly the same vehicle, just uses a different kind of fuel. And once you've explained it to me try to explain it to the man with the eyebrows from ACC who was on Campbell Live. And then explain to me again how my E30, which might do 5000 k's a year, and never goes out at night or on wet roads, should require the same ACC payment as a rep's car which does 50,000 k's a year.

There's something seriously whack about this.

The ACC levy will be actuarial - based on stats and claims. Its just that the stats don't recognise the diff between a petrol and diesel version of the same car, just petrol (all) vs diesel (all).

If your car is over 40 years old, its cheap as. My old Porker turned 40 this year and 6 months rego was something like $60.

Workmate went to register his scooter/moped (50cc) that expires on the 2nd July, $398.00 for 12months. Its cheaper for him not to register it and get two ticket per year than to register it. And TBH, the police don't tend to police rego on scooters, they have bigger fish to fry.

On this topic, is the a license class for garage queen type vehicles which do less than 5,000 (example) km's per year?

There are two restriction classes Dan, the farm vehicles one I think is B, A is for vehicles that are only taken on the road for specific purposes, I think it says something like going to / from a WoF test, taking it to be worked on or for a "practical road test".

My race car is registered under this class restriction as I don't use it on the road, except to take it for a WoF or to get it worked on (honest officer!). I think the 5,000km per year would still need a full license as some of that 5000kms would fall outside of the WoF / servicing trip.

To reduce the costs on my cars I only license the vert for the 6 months of the summer and then put it on hold for the winter. Might be more suitable for the garage queen vehicle?

Can someone please explain to me how my diesel ute - a good old Holden Rodeo 4x4 - is somehow more dangerous and therefore needs to pay more ACC levies than if I had bought a petrol one?

There is a % of acc levies in the price of petrol where there is no acc levies in the cost of diesel

Just called up LTSA nope... There is nothing but full cost rego.

And then explain to me again how my E30, which might do 5000 k's a year, and never goes out at night or on wet roads, should require the same ACC payment as a rep's car which does 50,000 k's a year.

There's something seriously whack about this.

In that TV interview its what their not telling you, The mis management of ACC over the past 10 years and labours reluctance to do anything about it and let it get into billions of dollars in debt. (Or was that always the plan to make National look bad)

Put puppet front man in front of camera and explain it away with token pulled out of air road stats that dont exist.

Charge up heavy desiel as they're usually a busniess.

Our household will now pay nearly $1000 per year to the man ...

It's still cheap compared to other countries... try Singapore

yeah, I did say to the missus this morning atleast we dont have compulsery health insurance .. that would be more expensive.

That's just the sh*t sandwich they have been handed as Josh said.... Hate to think of the sh*t we would be in if Helen Clark was still in charge.

Workmate went to register his scooter/moped (50cc) that expires on the 2nd July, $398.00 for 12months. Its cheaper for him not to register it and get two ticket per year than to register it. And TBH, the police don't tend to police rego on scooters, they have bigger fish to fry.

Not just the Police - don't forget about parking wardens. At least you tend to know when you are being nailed by the Police....

That's just the sh*t sandwich they have been handed as Josh said.... Hate to think of the sh*t we would be in if Helen Clark was still in charge.

You'd think people would pay more attention to the news... It's not hard to see how crap Labour ran the country... ACC 5 Billion dollars in debt. The cost of ACC claims over the last four years has increased by $1.3 billion, or 57 percent...

yeah, I did say to the missus this morning atleast we dont have compulsery health insurance .. that would be more expensive.

You pay a 2% earner premium and the employer (or you if self-employed) pay another 1.x+% employer premium for ACC - a significant proportion of that could be considered "health insurance". Then on top of that, a massive percentage of taxes goes on healthcare.

Don't get me wrong - I am in favour of universal healthcare, but I'd point out its not cheap...

I'd like it that if you have proof of private medical insurance you would receive a discount on anything with ACC levies.

I'd like it that if you have proof of private medical insurance you would receive a discount on anything with ACC levies.

this would make sense. However health insurance providers realise this and their premiums should reflect the fact that a certain amount of your care is covered by ACC. Sometimes they'll even pick up the balance

Yeah lets blame National for Labours systematic screwing of ACC.

The people to blame for this are the people who kept voting Helen in.

They inherited a bad deal though bro!!! and this coming from someone who voted Labour at last election...if i had known how bad the Acc situation, ETS etc etc was my vote def would have gone to the Nats!!

Our household will now pay nearly $1000 per year to the man ...

Not cool eh

It's still cheap compared to other countries... try Singapore

Or Monaco :P:lol:

Singapores population density is like 2nd or 3rd most in the world, it's hard enough to walk there let alone drive :lol: of course it's going to cost more to register a car there ;)