Sign in to follow this  
EdifGee

Boosting 318i

Still wanting another m10 and another 5 speed manual box pleeeeeaaaaasssseeee. Currently lost my licence so getting this built would be super if someone can help me out with running gear.

so is your engine going to look like this?

hope so

post-575-1308945522.jpg

hope so

post-575-1308945522.jpg

I wish my motor would look like that.. Unfortunately in the last 6 months i havent been able to find or be quick enough to snatch up another motor. So anyone with a M10 318 wanna buy a turbo manifold and turbo?? It'll be in the for sale thread soon.

Anyone keen to swap my mani and turb for a SC14 supercharger..???

Got a motor in the build now that is lowkey. Makes 117bhp standard and is only a 1600cc.. Any guesses? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

that 1.6 mazda motor they had in the mx5 and familia?

hope so

post-575-1308945522.jpg

far out whats the volume of the intake manifold? alot more than 4 ltrs i would say

4agze?

2TGEU mate. Oldschool. Before 4age. my motor has forged internals and is all balanced and lightened to some extent and has been turbo'd before so decided to run it supercharged instead. Anyone know of and SC14 superchargers? keen keen. Powercruise is the goal and its all ready to be slotted in. Just waiting on my new cage to be done.. Havent got a cam so will get photos up as i can

What is going on with the cage?

Why'd you bend the rear braces?

What is it made from?

i maybe wrong but its looks like gav pipe which is illegal and wont meet MANZ tech and your not allowed to grind welds and need a certied welder to do the job.

Edited by crunchy

The car is never going to be legal. All it is going to be is a skid hack. Theres no way it will ever be legal. Its not a serious build its just a fun build.

Time to update. So. Been in Aussie the last month and have had so many new ideas. I decieded end of last year on a motor and this one is a definte decision for it now. Doing a little bit more research into it but i am going to need to upgrade the brakes. I had a 325i e30 about 2 years ago which was disc rear end and have been looking at putting that in the back end of my 318. Problem. How hard is it going to be to put the disc rear end in? Im always up for a challenge. Also locating the parts needed any ideas or help is welcome.

disc rear end should just bolt in I think... pull old subframe out put new one in

disc rear end should just bolt in I think... pull old subframe out put new one in

makes life easy dunnit. i found one just now thats a complete bolt in in timaru only trouble is im in oz for another 2 months. Will keep looking into it.

makes life easy dunnit. i found one just now thats a complete bolt in in timaru only trouble is im in oz for another 2 months. Will keep looking into it.

Bought a disc brake conversion. Along with various other parts that I will be fiting once i arrive back in NZ next week!