Sign in to follow this  
EdifGee

Boosting 318i

For some reason I've always wanted a dirty 30 coupe, no interior and in white with painted bottle caps as a gravel hack.

I wish mine was a coupe. My mate has a 316 coupe with no interior and a 1800 motor in it and its sick as

Motor and box are coming out on friday. Then its off to get some work done to it. Panel and painted buy the end of summer and the motor back in.

post-5893-1317531524.jpg

Edited by EdifGee

Who's doing the panel/paint work on it?

I got a mate that works at supreme auto Masterton. he's going to help me out but other than that i'm giving it a crack. done rust work before and heaps of painting. But yeah its pretty much Backyard customs. Thats how we do. hahah Will put pics up after the motor is out and started paint work.

Been a month. Heaps of work done best update the photos. All speaks for it self.

The head is currently at the engineers getting pressure tested and crack tested and a light plane and then its back to me. Also getting a double stack head gasket made to handle the turbo.. all goes well... New wheels and tires are on the car. Suspension is being sourced. interior is getting the roll cage done. and fixed back bucket seats being mounted to the original rails. all goes well should be running after new years! But im just being optomistic.

post-5893-1292205268.jpg

post-5893-1292205313.jpg

post-5893-1292205336.jpg

post-5893-1292205356.jpg

post-5893-1292205389.jpg

post-5893-1292205466.jpg

post-5893-1292205483.jpg

post-5893-1292205519.jpg

post-5893-1292205546.jpg

I admire your enthusiasm.. the list of issues are huge though (on my part, from what I've observed so far).. I'll just keep out of it though.. good luck :D

I admire your enthusiasm.. the list of issues are huge though (on my part, from what I've observed so far).. I'll just keep out of it though.. good luck :D

Issues is just a list that slowly goes smaller. I'm loving this project though everyone that knows about it reckons its a waste. If you saw my first project then this is miniscule compared. Cheers though. Everyones intitled to their 2c

Car is rollcaged now and interior fully stripped out. Have been real lazy with it and just left it sitting for a few months. Cant find my camera. Again but when i do i will upload some pics of the haggard cage.

Good stuff man, nothing like a cage for a few extra inches.....lol

Did you arc weld the bonnet?

Very macgyver haha

Nah it was mig welded. But it was a gasless mig and it was haggard as lol. The cage was welded up hotter and cleaner it was just blowing holes in the bonnet

Also might add that just bought a Turbo manifold thanks to chris. mine is still being made but thats all good.

Edited by EdifGee

Dont think rules apply to haggard cages, dont think i want to be rolling a car with a haggard cage either :D

You know the rules changed for the main hoop for the cage...

Ye. has to be full loop and no joins with a clean bend each sie. Getting it re done anyways

Edited by EdifGee

There is a m10b18 auto with 170xxx kms on it at pickpart in lowerhutt if you wanted to make the trip over. Pretty sure the engine is still complete

There is a m10b18 auto with 170xxx kms on it at pickpart in lowerhutt if you wanted to make the trip over. Pretty sure the engine is still complete

What do they charge for motors?

What do they charge for motors?

no idea man, give them a call or check the website.

obviously it'll be cheaper if you just need the head, or block with/out the loom, injectors and sh*t

wondering what brand those white rims are in the photo? ;)

Arospeed is what brand they are