Sign in to follow this  
EdifGee

Boosting 318i

Might aswell if you're building the manifold.

Hard out aye. I could possibly get a 38mm external off a rb20det.

Hard out aye. I could possibly get a 38mm external off a Boat anchor.

Fixed :lol:

Fixed :lol:

haha I like it lol. Well done. Wait... What's that supposed to mean?? you dont like Nissans or is that directed some where else??

I like nissans, and it's not directed at you. haha just dont like rb20dets...they tend to be all noise and flat peaks...

Any more progress??

I like nissans, and it's not directed at you. haha just dont like rb20dets...they tend to be all noise and flat peaks...

Any more progress??

Oh lol Sweet. I was making progress but it kind of ground to a hault. I picked up another e30 yesterday that me and a mate went halfs in and that has sort of delayed progress with this one a bit. In a few weeks should be back up to speed and it will be all go from there.

Update.

The other day i was having a look over the car and discovered rust. After further searching I found more rust but bigger holes... In the best place in the world.... The FIREWALL!!!! and further more a found that some of the boot had rusted out too. So if anyone else has any ideas about where more rust could be then please let me know..

Might be time to update i think. Half the dash is out. I made up a place for the gauge to go. and made a remote horn button because I'm thinking of running a deep dish omp steering wheel. Motor is semi half out just needs to be taken off the mounts and taken out. Will work on photos soon. Also thinking of painting the bottle caps black centre?? maybe. We'll see. Focusing on getting the manifold done now.

post-5893-1282033727.jpg

post-5893-1282033777.jpg

post-5893-1282033832.jpg

Edited by EdifGee

Bottle caps look best completely black imo. Are you going to do anything to the engine before boosting?

, lol. Edited by M20B20ONP

Bottle caps look best completely black imo. Are you going to do anything to the engine before boosting?

haha thanks man thats pretty sick. I'm thinking I might just get the manifold made up and then get the lines and stuff like that run and then see what i can play with after all that. I want to do a full rebuild but I'm not sure of money atm. Maybe if I had more money and time I would look into a full forged engine build.

Edited by EdifGee

, lol.

that video is pretty sick lol. thinking of painting my/our bottle caps black aswell untill im funded for a set of nice wheels haha. do it ethan.. be mean fun to when its done.. atleast your not still thinking of rotorin it

do it ethan.. be mean fun to when its done.. atleast your not still thinking of rotorin it

WHATS WRONG WITH ROTARY POWER!!!! lolololol I might do it now just to p**s everyone off lol

I kinda feel sad for that M10, is that wrong? :huh:

Sorry, moment of weakness, wind the boost up till it spits the rings out the exhaust, then back it off a couple of psi.

Is that where your going to mount the intercooler?

The rust in the engine bay looks painful :/

that m10 looks really clean. Got a link to that build by chance?

Is that where your going to mount the intercooler?

I dont know yet. I might mount it in front of the radiator and see there. That place was just real easy to sit and it sorta looked right. Plus I kinda stole the idea off another m10 turbo on here.

WHATS WRONG WITH ROTARY POWER!!!! lolololol I might do it now just to p**s everyone off lol

nothing but in a beama??? NO DEAL

I'm with the Maggot on that subject, E30+rotang = fail.

Is that a gtst intercooler?

If it has a/c then you can remove that and the intercooler will bolt up in front of the radiator without cutting anything,

thats how i did mine, and yours looks about the same size

If it has a/c then you can remove that and the intercooler will bolt up in front of the radiator without cutting anything,

thats how i did mine, and yours looks about the same size

Mines non a/c model i think.

Oh well, less piping. Just take out a high beam and make an intake to it lol.

haha yeah that would be sick.