Sign in to follow this  
EdifGee

Boosting 318i

Nah, they love it.

Posted Image

That is a pretty sick build wish I could make mine look like that lol.

Is there something in the water in Masterton?

:D There certainly is. Be the reason I just got rid of my job there. Too many numpties.

Is there something in the water in Masterton?

Is there a good something in the water???

YESS M TOWN

I swear when i first joined on BS there was a guy selling a m10 turbo e30 coupe a white one. Anyone remember ?

Mike from Chch (Now UK?) Built one. I believe it to be the same one as this fella is basing his intercooler position. His build thread is around on here somewhere. CBF looking.

Edit: Boooom

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....mp;hl=m10+turbo

Edited by KSMYRS

Thats the one ! read up on it mate if your serious on building it.

Mike from Chch (Now UK?) Built one. I believe it to be the same one as this fella is basing his intercooler position. His build thread is around on here somewhere. CBF looking.

Edit: Boooom

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....mp;hl=m10+turbo

Yeah I'm basing my build Off his one. Thanks by the way Mike

I discovered this and i think this is the way I'm going to go and build my manifold on this design

http://www.boostbrothers.com/product.php?productid=16205

Edited by EdifGee

Motor build is going to be put on hold for a while. Unfotunately my money is directed else where. Will get back to the motor build as soon as poss.

Anyone know the legalities of cutting out the spare wheel well and making in a flat floor boot??

I really dislike the big gapping wheel well..

Please resize & repost your picture....about 800 X 600

Edited by *Glenn*

Whats happening guys. Got the 318 Fully almost stripped out now. Looking at getting it caged. Should be good. Summers on the way so looking forward to getting more work done. Motor build should be almost under way. Just gotta pay off a few more things and it will be starting. New photos to come

Edited by EdifGee

Everything is paid off now. Manifold is going to be carried on with now should be all good to go.

How would the m20b25 fit into the 318i front end? would i need to swap over all the subframes etc? and would I need to make allowance for the motor to sit between the fire wall? also would it bolt up to the 5 speed in my car already with maybe a bellhousing to suit?

It fits, but you need a matching gearbox (they don't have swappable bellhousings) as your box only fits an M10 or an M30 (or an S14 or S38, to be pedantic).

You'd need all the bits from the 325i - engine mount, computer and loom, radiator, hoses, flywheel, clutch, propshaft, etc. Basically everything between the radiator and the diff.

I have no idea how easy the wiring swap would be, but I'd guess not that easy.

You'd also need new front springs for the heavier engine, ETC ETC. Basically, buy a 325i.

Basically, buy a 325i.

ive got a 325. its just sitting there doing nothing might sell it off as a project. Was just wondering about it. If anyones intrested I might make a sale thread on it. PM me for details if anyones intrested..

Latest photos. Need to find some time to take better photos of the car and of the interior.

post-5893-1287358821.jpg

post-5893-1287358828.jpg

Edited by EdifGee

Your number plate appears to be falling off.

Yeah it had a bit of a problem with a screwdriver and it holding itself on there. Might need to sort that one out.

Update- De Badged the bonnet and looks heaps better. Do have photos just not at home right now and dont have my camera. Will put some up soon.

Some inspiration for you.

Posted Image

Edited by westy

They look the win aye.

For some reason I've always wanted a dirty 30 coupe, no interior and in white with painted bottle caps as a gravel hack.