Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

My Basic BBS RS Resto

^^ Yeah Si I regret doing black too.

Yeah Kerry a lot of different views on powder coating vs painting wheels.

Last I got quoted painting BBS wheels was horrendous due to all the intricate angles.

In before I told you so.

Edited by Brams

Guest Simon*

To play devil's avocado (because I love it!) ...

These days, anything other than the manufacturer's factory finish on a nice set of rims can hardly be considered permanent. Wheel colours, and especially black centres, are an acquired taste and each have their own and may even feel the need to change them occasionally.

Nath if you at some stage end up selling the wheels, or the whole car for that matter, the next owner may want to return them back to original or go for a different colour entirely. What I'm suggesting, is that for the life of the wheels in your ownership, maybe leave them as they currently are, drive the bloody thing and spend money elsewhere ;)

Your call :)

^ I have plenty of other wheels I can drive the car on...that ain't the issue, and between me, Kerry and Anthony we just about own every single wheel made in E30 fitment :rolleyes:

Don't worry its going to get plenty of use, in the last 3 weeks It has travelled further than I have in the previous year and a half in total.....now thats depressing :P

I want to daily it now, after driving to Taupo and back in a rattly tin can makes me want to de-racify it slightly and drive it everyday, miles well get some of my money back huh!

Lol at avocado

Edited by Brams

I want to daily it now, after driving to Taupo and back in a rattly tin can makes me want to de-racify it slightly and drive it everyday, miles well get some of my money back huh!

+1 and whenever theres a track day coming up its not hard to take it off the road for 2 days and "racify" it up. Plus dailys are algood on the track :P

Gotta do a colour you're comfortable with! Here's something I'm balls deep painting at the moment. They're way more ORANGE in person, pics are crap as. About as bright orange as you get! The bolts are going bright orange too. Gotta do clearcoat on the weekend then should be sweet!

Posted Image

^ Oh man they are gonna look sweet.

Veedub have you ever looked into alternatives to buying actual BBS bolts?

I don't really want to use mine AGAIN or pay 4 million dollars for a new set, but I have seen in a Total BMW mag a guy using stainless button head bolts for a small fraction of the price of BBS ones.

Went to one fasteners shop today and no luck, apparently M7 x 33 is a wonky size....no sh*t lol.

Edited by Brams

^ Oh man they are gonna look sweet.

Veedub have you ever looked into alternatives to buying actual BBS bolts?

I don't really want to use mine AGAIN or pay 4 million dollars for a new set, but I have seen in a Total BMW mag a guy using stainless button head bolts for a small fraction of the price of BBS ones.

Went to one fasteners shop today and no luck, apparently M7 x 33 is a wonky size....no sh*t lol.

Here's a pic with original lips (half way polished) and orange bolts, i reckon they look dope.

I haven't looked into it, i'm anal and like to have the original bbs bolts but apart from that the best option is to just get them through bbs pars people like racing team hofmann, just matz, black forest industries etc. I'm sure you could source them here though, might be worth speaking to the dude at the bolt shop on archers road glenfield, he's never failed me!

Posted Image